Sponsors Documentation.

Hello.

Can anybody who has recently done it or any any experts tell me the best way to compile the documents for my fiancees visit visa to the UK?

I currently have a lever arch folder with lots of evidence to support the application all held in vinyl pockets. It looks good to me, is all in order and is easy to read.

A friend told me that when my fiancee goes to hand in all the paperwork they will take it out of the pockets/folder and keep it all loose.

Is that correct and if so what is the normal or best way to keep everything in some kind of order so the ECO can read and find everything easily?

Thanks,

Knorty.

I applied for a fiancee visa for the US. I would highly recommend putting everything in a binder with tabs and a table of contents. The more organized and professional it looks the more credibility it gives to you. I would put it in a binder. If they take it out and mess it up, it's up to them, but you should present a good product

I have heard of documents being taken out and left loose a couple of years ago from reading posts on here however we submitted our application at the same time (albeit not in Thailand) to the UK embassy in an A4 file - with dividers and a content sheet at front and everything inside.

Certainly it was accepted like that and I saw the ECO myslef leaf through it by reffering to the contents sheet - I even had a pollypocket at the back with used phone cards (just a representation ) I couldnt add them all!! with my phone bills etc.

Bangkok users will be best to advise as I even got invited into the tail end of the interview (which I know they don't do in Thailand) and the guy congratulated me on my effort with the file and explained that my overdraft was a worry but he recognised that the marriage was genuine and was willing to accept my finances as they were - (overdraft was 800 pound).

That was Lagos embassy so I appreciate Bangkok may be different but at worst they take the file apart - at best they will appreciate having all the documentation in an order they can follow and fully digest!

The first time I applied for a visit visa for my GF to the Embassy in Bangkok in 2005 it was in ring binder format and they made my GF take every thing out of the binder and submit it loose.My GF has since had 4 more visit visas and we now submit in loose format but do use small bulldog clips on bank statements.Submitted her 3 month post dated visa application at 3.0pm monday 14th dec and received an sms that her passport was ready for collection at 10.30 am wed 16th,I think very good service.

My daughter-in-law made a successful application for Spouse Visa in September. I supplied her with a file with every pocket labelled with its contents. Because I learned from this site that the papers would be tipped out, I stapled loose papers together within each pocket (used treasury tabs for thick bundles of bank statements and similar) and stuck clear labels to them so that the ECO would find them easy to assess.

She was indeed asked to take everything out of the pockets, but she kept her head and placed them in the official container in the original order. The official dealing with her was very impressed with the orderliness of the papers and their clear labelling, and congratulated her. She also supplied 5 photograph albums documenting their relationship in UK and Bangkok, equally clearly labelled and dated for ease of checking through quickly.

I tried to imagine the state of mind of an ECO faced with a mixed bundle of loose and confused paperwork, and tried to make sure this could NOT happen. I also imagined him dragging paperwork out of plastic envelopes and becoming irritated, so I put the paperwork (stapled and labelled) inside plastic envelopes with two open sides to make his work easier.

This was not a straightforward application because my son is partially disabled and lives on a mixture of housing benefit, tax credit and vanishingly small income - I think it was the orderliness of the paperwork as well as the evidence of a true marriage that got her through. She is back home with us now! Good luck with your application.

When all the documentation is presented to the VFS centre it's taken out of any files and all put together in an envelope. I know of two people where supplied documents have been missed when everything was jumbled up so for this reason when I did my wife and stepdaughter's applications I put everything into it's own small section (eg; wage slips, bank details, housing, school details, etc) then, like enquirer, labelled and stapled each section so regardless of how they were put in the envelope everything was still in some sort or order and easy for the ECO to find. When everything was returned to us it was still stapled together but folds in the papers showed they had been looked at.

I tried to imagine the state of mind of an ECO faced with a mixed bundle of loose and confused paperwork, and tried to make sure this could NOT happen. I also imagined him dragging paperwork out of plastic envelopes and becoming irritated, so I put the paperwork (stapled and labelled) inside plastic envelopes with two open sides to make his work easier.

That's what I think is best, and have also cross referenced with an index, the can glance at the papers and withdraw any papers he or she needs for further examination, it also looks like the applicant has taken some time and care and is more professional. My experience is that VFS will leave the pack, though I accept others could have been treated differently.