Voltage Converter

coolxten

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap one? In Canada I saw a travel size universal one at Shopper's for about 240 Baht or $8 CND. Should have bought it....

EDIT: Forgot to mention my water pik takes 120V, so the convter will be a step down.

Went to the dept. store in Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall, and the sales person sold me an adapter instead even though I told him I was skeptical, at home I read the back more carefully - it said no step down or up. Today I asked to return using English, and the sales lady gave me a dirty look and said that it was used in Thai. The packaging wasn't sealed, but I did not use it of course. She showed it to all the near by sales people (5) with a sour face. In any case I got my money back. OK that was my rant. Sorry - Just hate attitude for returning things when it's legitimate, even though it was only a couple of dollars, (but overpriced). They did have a converter that was the size and look of an old laptop battery from the 90s and only 1 outlet - it cost 500 Baht.

Edited by coolxten

I got a 240v charger base for my US sourced toothbrush which cost me five quid from the UK online. You might want to check out ebay.

Mind you, if you see one for 500 baht by the time you sod around looking for a cheaper one it will end up costing you more. I'd just grab the 500 baht one. Make sure it is rated high enough. You can usually get the wattage off the waterpik somewhere. Wattage will be the same regardless of voltage (almost.....no efficiency discussions please!).

A good step-down transformer will cost about 1000B or more at Amorn, the electronic shop at the front of Icon Square. I'm not sure you'd want that thing in your bathroom anyway. You're better off finding a new Water Pik here.