Personal Accident And Health Insurance

sushi5734

Hi I am in the process of getting a few quotes for travel insurance I'm not really fussed about cover for baggage etc just basic good medical insurance in case I have an accident or come down with some kind of illness whilst I'm in Thailand. I've found that quite a few companies will not give you cover if you have already left the UK, so I was just wondering if anyone knows of any companies that will give you cover whilst you're already abroad?

I'm 33 in good health with problems in the past I just want to be one of the horror stories you hear about when someone ends up with an enormous Hospital Bill after a car accident, not to mention the legal bill!!

So far I've been looking at the travel supermarket website and I've been getting quotes of around £100 or 5000 Baht for 12 months cover.

I also contacted Bupa Thailand and got some quotes from them but it seem that personal care packages (Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond) and the quotes for range from 5000-17000 Baht however looking through the benefits they don't actually seem to give that much cover.

The Platinum cover seems as though it would cover any eventuality but its pretty expensive at 22000 Baht.

Any advice would be appreciated

Sam

Several questions need to be answered before a recommendation can be offered i.e. you did not say the length of your holiday, what type of visa (entry / tourist ?) etc.

However to give you an idea Thai Visa Insurance can off full Travel insurance for 3 months for 2,075 Baht.

May we suggest you go Here for a quotation.

Several questions need to be answered before a recommendation can be offered i.e. you did not say the length of your holiday, what type of visa (entry / tourist ?) etc.

However to give you an idea Thai Visa Insurance can off full Travel insurance for 3 months for 2,075 Baht.

May we suggest you go Here for a quotation.

Thanks for the replies

Sorry I should have put a little more detail I'm here on a Non Immigrant B visa as I doing a TEFL course next month, I may be going back to the UK at the end of March to work in the UK for a couple of months or I may stay here depending on teaching posts becoming available (I understand that most posts start in May) so I will either be looking for 4 months insurance or an annual premium. In any case I will be looking for a 12 month policy as I intend to stay here long term.

I will submit my details for a quotation.

Sam