Multiple Non-o, 90 Day Reporting?

• 5 weeks later...

I obtained a" O" multi entry visa in the UK based on marriage. I arrived at the start of december and i reciently crossed the border into lao a couple of weeks ago.My question is does the 90 days start again on my re entry back to Thailand?.I only had the day there

I obtained a" O" multi entry visa in the UK based on marriage. I arrived at the start of december and i reciently crossed the border into lao a couple of weeks ago.My question is does the 90 days start again on my re entry back to Thailand?.I only had the day there

Every time you enter you will get 90 days.

Do your final border run a day or 2 before the Visa expires and you will get another 90 days giving a total of 15 months.

Yes. Check the stamp they put in your passport at the border. The date you are allowed to stay in Thailand should be 90 days from the day you cam back.

You should always check the stamps when you get your passport back from the immigration officer.

There is no 90 day reporting when you are here on multi entry visa 90 day stays. You must be in the country over 90 days without leaving to be required to do the 90 day reports. Those one extensions of stay (or the pre-approved OA visa entry) are the people who may have to do 90 day reports.

Correct. On multiple entry Non-O visa you have to leave the country within your 90 day permission to stay, and therefore do not need to do 90 day reporting.

Hello 'thaiphoon',

I have a few questions on the extension based on Marriage to a Thai wife.Can you please help me!

Let's say I get my 90 day Non Immigrant Visa extended for 12 months based on marriage to a Thai National and at the same time of applying for my extension I pay the extra fee to include "multiple entry" as I need to travel back to Australia on business etc during that first 12 months.

What happens to the 90 day reporting IF I am NOT in Thailand for about 4 to 7 months or so?

Will the fact that I have paid extra for "multiple entry" get me back into Thailand and will my visa extension continue as normal until the 12 months renewal time is up?

Many thanks for your help..

Regards

Valentino in Australia

Correct. On multiple entry Non-O visa you have to leave the country within your 90 day permission to stay, and therefore do not need to do 90 day reporting.

OK that's one question answered. When I got my Non-Imm 'O' visa my Thai wife was asked to write a note saying we will reside as husband & wife. We were married in the U.S. & have all documents, including CA. ID, Soc Sec card & permanent residency in the US. ( NOt Citizenship). Is there any advantage to getting married with documents in Thailand? We got married Thai style there, but without a license. We will come back in the next 3 weeks to retire.

Edited by thaiphoon
Line spacing adjusted

You are married everywhere. But if you want extensions of stay here in Thailand you should have marriage certificate translated into Thai and register that document at the MFA and then at a District Office. It puts the paperwork into the Thai system and immigration wants to see the ledger entry paper from District Office now for file.

Hello 'thaiphoon',

I have a few questions on the extension based on Marriage to a Thai wife.Can you please help me!

Let's say I get my 90 day Non Immigrant Visa extended for 12 months based on marriage to a Thai National and at the same time of applying for my extension I pay the extra fee to include "multiple entry" as I need to travel back to Australia on business etc during that first 12 months.

What happens to the 90 day reporting IF I am NOT in Thailand for about 4 to 7 months or so?

Will the fact that I have paid extra for "multiple entry" get me back into Thailand and will my visa extension continue as normal until the 12 months renewal time is up?

Many thanks for your help..

Regards

Valentino in Australia

1. There is no reporting when outside of Thailand - return is day one of a 90 day report cycle.

2. You only need a single re-entry permit (save 2,800 baht) as you can get another any time from the Immigration office if you decide to make another trip. Only if you planned many trips would the multi entry be advised. It keeps your current permitted to stay date alive - on return you put that re-entry permit information in the visa area of arrival card and they stamp the same date as you previously had as your permitted to stay until date.