Possible To Find Durian In December?

coolxten

Due to my Asian up bringing, I've developed a taste for Durian. I know it's not Durian season....but in the West they are available year around (frozen). Has anyone seen any around? Fresh or frozen is ok. Wanted to mention i'm not interested in "durian paste", just the real fruit. Thanks

near spicy's there selling it also near the new electronic plaza near Chiang Mai gate.

Just south of Chaiyaphum Soi 1 (i.e., going south on Chaiyaphum), a few meters past the soi (going to Tuskers). Usually a 5 Star chicken broiler there also, so you can buy a complete dinner (fresh grilled chicken and fresh durian).

He sells whole fruit, packages, and/or will open and package the meat out of the one you pick.

yes many places now but its usually not the desireable Monthong variety. I did see some Monthong for sale near Spicy's but it was much more expensive at about 250-300 baht.

Monthong means Golden Pillow. The fruit has a golden yellow color and firmer texture. Most of the Durian I see now is more white color and blander taste with mushier texture. Is the whiter durian now called Cha Nee variety?

Also seen it at markets like Tanin and Tom Payom

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun CoolXTen,

Yesterday around 6:30PM on Thanon Wua Lai ... heading south and slightly west towards Airport Plaza ... after the juncture of Wua Lai with Thanon Thippanet ... near where they have the Rinkaew Complex ... and on the same (east side) of the street with the Rinkaew Complex ... a truck was parked on the side of the road selling very big ones : the fragrance almost knocked us off our bicycle.

best, ~o:37;

yes many places now but its usually not the desireable Monthong variety. I did see some Monthong for sale near Spicy's but it was much more expensive at about 250-300 baht.

Monthong means Golden Pillow. The fruit has a golden yellow color and firmer texture. Most of the Durian I see now is more white color and blander taste with mushier texture. Is the whiter durian now called Cha Nee variety?

Yes, the shitty variety that you really want to avoid is Chanee. Mon Thong all the way!! :)

I put the left over durian in the fridge, and this morning my appartment reeked of feet. I'm going to have to freeze it or risk unhappy neighbours.

Not sure what type i bought, but the outside yellowing, the seeds are tiny, but fruit is very large.

The one near Spicy is a bit over priced in my experience.

The best place is Muang Mai market (next to the river). On the river side of the road, going away from Worrorot there is a big mountain of durian. 35 Baht per kilo. It's Montong.

I'm off there to buy one after work.