Gullible Farang And Ex Bg

Neeranam

Three nights ago, I met a couple in good restaurant between Roi Et and MahaSarakham. The guy was a really friendly, 'intelligent' Australian who was had great life experience, and some wonderful funny stories. When they found out that I could speak a bit of Thai, I was asked to translate for them. As it turned out, the guy had sold his house in OZ for about 5 million baht, given a lot of it to his ex-wife and come out to Pattaya for a holiday where he met this woman. The woman, nearly 40, started telling me how the guy had bought her out the bar a couple of months ago, and she didn't really want his money but wanted a good man. I believed some of this. I asked her how they were going to communicate as she could hardly speak any English and he no Thai. She said it didn't matter as they got on well together with sign language. I was amazed! The guy was also speaking about other women, and how she didn't/wouldn't mind. He started building her a house which would probably cost just over 1 million baht!! He had already handed over 500,000 baht. He thinks they have a great future!

What do you say in these situations, where heartache and disaster are 99% sure to happen.?

What would you do in this situation?

Tell the guy that he is going to lose his money, and tell him to get a grip?

Tell the woman that he is playing around?

Do you tell the guy that everyone in the restaurant were laughing at them, and probably wherever hey went people would laugh or look down on them?

Just leave them to it?

I chose the latter. Very sad to see that many farang are so gullible. I guess this must happen all the time in Pattaya.

Three nights ago, I met a couple in good restaurant between Roi Et and MahaSarakham. The guy was a really friendly, 'intelligent' Australian who was had great life experience, and some wonderful funny stories. When they found out that I could speak a bit of Thai, I was asked to translate for them. As it turned out, the guy had sold his house in OZ for about 5 million baht, given a lot of it to his ex-wife and come out to Pattaya for a holiday where he met this woman. The woman, nearly 40, started telling me how the guy had bought her out the bar a couple of months ago, and she didn't really want his money but wanted a good man. I believed some of this. I asked her how they were going to communicate as she could hardly speak any English and he no Thai. She said it didn't matter as they got on well together with sign language. I was amazed! The guy was also speaking about other women, and how she didn't/wouldn't mind. He started building her a house which would probably cost just over 1 million baht!! He had already handed over 500,000 baht. He thinks they have a great future!

What do you say in these situations, where heartache and disaster are 99% sure to happen.?

What would you do in this situation?

Tell the guy that he is going to lose his money, and tell him to get a grip?

Tell the woman that he is playing around?

Do you tell the guy that everyone in the restaurant were laughing at them, and probably wherever hey went people would laugh or look down on them?

Just leave them to it?

I chose the latter. Very sad to see that many farang are so gullible. I guess this must happen all the time in Pattaya.

I am sure this'll get closed by the mods but before it does...

I'd tell him but for sure he just won't see it until it is too late. He'll simply tell you that you are wrong.

As you just met them & he's not a friend - leave him to it.

On my first day in Thailand - a guy told me his wife didn't mind him playing around as long as he did it away from home - I told him "This may be my first day in this country but I think you are talking <deleted>". Any woman that loves would be devastated to find you have been playing around. If your wife/girlfriend doesn't mind - she doesn't love you.

This guy is in for one ###### of a reality slap - this place isn't the playground he thinks it is.