Pattaya City To Tightly Control Koh Larn Baht Buses

Rimmer

Following a recent baht bus accident on Koh Larn in which 10-passengers were injured, a meeting by officials at Pattaya City Hall resoled to implement twice yearly safety checks of baht Buses and their drivers on the island. The accident resulted from brake failure on a baht bus carrying the passengers down a steep decline.

Pattaya, - Thursday 17th December 2009, [PDN]: - At a meeting in Pattaya City Hall, Mr. Seri Jampangern, acted on behalf of the Office Director of Pattaya City and chaired the conference regarding security of bus operations on the island of Koh Larn.

This resulted from the case of an accident in Koh Larn on November 21st, when a baht bus suffered brake failure, while driving down one of the island’s steep hills. The driver opted to run the bus into a large stone, which caused injury to eleven of the tourist passengers. This was most likely caused by the unsafe condition of the bus and speed, whilst negotiating Koh Larn’s steep and narrow roads.

In order to prevent this problem in future, the meeting decided on a new policy to examine all baht buses for safety, and this will be administered immediately by Pattaya City Hall. Nowadays, there are a total 33-baht bus in service on Koh Larn and it is believed that most them were need of some sort of repair.

Mr. Jampangern added that Pattaya City is going to strictly control this procedure in conjunction with other related government departments. The new ruling will require the baht bus operators to bring their buses into proper condition twice a year. This will also include a medical examination of the drivers plus associated staff will be asked to participate, in order to ensure that bus travel on Koh Larn is safe for tourists.

http://pattayadailynews.com

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

19 Dec 2009

:):D:D:D:D

I am laughing so much I am wetting myself...

Those w***ers at City hall could not organise a p!$$ up in a brewery let alone regulate even the Baht Buses that pass City Hall, (or stop teenagers pointing guns at JT).

Exactly!!! I suspect those same w***ers can't organise a <deleted> in a brothel as well, despite this being Pattaya :D