Where Is The Thapae Phad Thai Shop Located?

WinnieTheKhwai

In another topic that I can't find back at the moment we discussed a famous Phad Thai shop that used to be located right on the main Thapae road but was reported to have moved to a location in one of the sois off Thapae Road.

I tried to find it today but failed. Which soi is it in?

Recommendations of other good Phad Thai shops are welcome too. (No fancy restaurants please, this needs to be 20-40 baht, otherwise you defeat the purpose of Phad Thai. Kind of like with burgers. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If you go up Chang Moi Road from the canal towards the river there is an electric sign that says "Pad Thai" on the right-hand side. I have been told that if you turn onto that soi, you will find the famous one. I do not know the number of the soi, but if you want Pad Thai that is not loaded with sugar, you have to wait for them to do some especially for you ( I remember from when they were on Thapae Road).

Edited by Ulysses G.

From Citylife:

Pad Tai Tha Pae food_curve_rt.giffood_curve_lb.giffood_curve_rb.gif

Known for its fresh home made noodles. Great place to stop to pick up pad tai to take away, as it's all wrapped up in banana leaf.

Address: No longer on Tha Pae, on Sitthiwong Road which leads toward Chang Moi Road, unfortunately it is one way, so best to park on Chang Moi and walk up the soi. It's on the left.

Time Open: 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm

As said, up Chiang Moi and it is first soi after the bend in the road to the left. (if you cross the canal you have gone to far)

It is about 20m up the soi on left.

The soi comes out close to Prince Hotel; you could go past Prince H. and take first left.

Whinnniee you got an itching for something as normal as Pad Thai ? Yeah, it happens to me too.

I have a favorite place on the CM-Lamphun road just outside the Nong Hoi Market (L-hand side when headed south). They happen to be on my way home from the city to the Super Hwy, so I hit them sometimes when RTD needs to coat the ribs with something. I also recommend their Pad See Ew Gai. Tasty. Only 20 baht ea. Easy to spot as it's just b4 you pass the market entirely and where that little soi is to enter for the Pet Ngam Hotel/Residence (Diamond). Also, the cart is set up outside with a yellow sign. And as they are Muslim, you'll see the red moon and star on the sign.

On a completely un-Islam note, you can also go 75m up and rt behind the next big Dton Yang tree, you'll see a famous old Ba-Mee Hmu Daeng shop. That's good eating too. I like that they also have wontons, sliced pork, and chopped pork. And their condiment tray includes chopped peanuts - a nice thing too many shops skimp on these days.

Good late night or early evening eats when headed into town... whenever circumstances put you over there.

Thanks everyone, really good information!!

if you want Pad Thai that is not loaded with sugar, you have to wait for them to do some especially for you.

Huh.. why would anyone want Phad Thai that's not loaded with sugar?! :):D

That's what Phad Thai IS : Sugar, salt (well, fish sauce), MSG, lots of oil and lots of empty carbs! :D