Coffee Machine Descaler In Bangkok

jackbox

In Chiang Mai, there are several brands of descaler at HILLKOFF. I'd imagine that any place that repairs or sells espresso machines in BKK would have them. WHITE vinegar works well, also. Run it through the machine 2-3 times (w/o the coffee!) and then flush with clear water a few times.

I had the same problem trying to find descaler, eventually found one at 350B . got it home tried it and it had no affect , i then checked the internet and found lots of tips for descaling , used white vinegar at 13B a large bottle and it worked ok , i should have checked the internet first!

The Bon Cafe shop has them.. Bought some there a couple of Months back..They are a big round tablet like an 'alka seltza' Dislolve in water then run thru the machine..

Thanks for the info. My machine has an aluminum boiler and vinegar is harmful to aluminum. On machines with aluminum internal parts vinegar should never be used. The powder type descaler I am looking for is made from Monohydrate Citric Acid which removes the scale deposits without harming the aluminum. I will go check out Bon Cafe next time I am out in the Huay Kwang area.

Edited by jackbox

The Bon Cafe shop has them.. Bought some there a couple of Months back..They are a big round tablet like an 'alka seltza' Dislolve in water then run thru the machine..

Thanks for the info. My machine has an aluminum boiler and vinegar is harmful to aluminum. On machines with aluminum internal parts vinegar should never be used. The powder type descaler I am looking for is made from Monohydrate Citric Acid which removes the scale deposits without harming the aluminum. I will go check out Bon Cafe next time I am out in the Huay Kwang area.

Coffee Choice in Rama 9 have a powder mix. You buy a blank group cup insert into group head and activate for 10 seconds. You will be amazed how much comes out. I used it in my coffee shop and it work well. Goggle coffee choice and you see their web site.