Where To Buy Gold In Cm

nikster

Does anyone know where to buy Gold? I mean there's lots of shops, but are there some more reputable than others.

I want to buy a gold bar, it's just for investment and not to wear around the neck. Nobody in the mall seems to have those in stock.There's always a 1 day wait. I'd rather just buy tomorrow...

Appreciate any tips!

I got a tip. Have you considered silver or palladium as an investment precious metal? Palladium is around $360/ oz but has been over $1000. Not sure if it is wise to buy metals that have been making all time highs. At least, wait till there is a correction to get some. JMO.

Also, if this is for an investment, as you say it is, why the rush to buy immediately?

I concur. But I don't know anything about Palladium. Gold prices are too high right now to buy as an investment. You missed the boast so to speak. Wait for a correction in prices before buying. JMO.

Thailand's prices for gold are actually quite high compared to some other countries. Venezuela has always had some of the lowest prices, but you would have to smuggle it out.

Gold is not a solid investment right now. I know that a lot of people are thinking about it because there have been a lot of instability with most country's currency, but as others have stated other precious metals might be a better investment.

It has been a while since I took a serious interest in metals, so I haven't watched the market lately, but take your time and don't rush it.

Seems you're out of luck. No one appears to know.

The idea just raises lots of questions, such as where are you going to keep it, are you going to insure it, is it tied to the dollar, where's the dollar going next year? etc. etc. none of which is much use to you. Its fallen about 10% this month even though the dollar has risen. Strange.

www.kitco.com has lots of pretty charts.

Edited by Asmerom

• 2 weeks later...
I got a tip. Have you considered silver or palladium as an investment precious metal? Palladium is around $360/ oz but has been over $1000. Not sure if it is wise to buy metals that have been making all time highs. At least, wait till there is a correction to get some. JMO. Also, if this is for an investment, as you say it is, why the rush to buy immediately?

for the record: Palladium was $ 1,090 / ounce in jan 2001. but that's besides the point. the question is were to buy Palladium bars in Thailand.

I recommend the shop names "Yaowarach Krung Thep", (เยาวราชกรุงเทพ) they have brach in CM at Big C ChiangMai, Carrefour, Tesco Lotus, Central Airport Plaza, Big C Lamphun, Big C Hang Dong.

Kulsrisuwan shop, you may see the ads at WarmUp Pub. Kulsrisuwan locates near Chang Phuek Gate, next to "Aong Noodle", small fish balls noodle.

It is illegal here - I do not mean "this subject on TV",but gold bars..At least it was illegal some time ago.Now - I am not so sure.

The best place to buy?HongKong in banks plus safe box there.In Singapore - you will have problem with GST(VAT).You can buy in Mustafa anytime,even at 3am.

It is not so straight to sell it,however - to sell it to the bank - it has to be sealed-packed by the same bank with proof of purchase.

Physical gold is safe boat in case of total collapse.

GOLD YOU WANT...

I Recommend a small shop , across from the KASEM Store near Worrorat Market....

Stand in front of the Kasem store , look across the street . To your Left , the Corner where the Second small Soi enters the road. A small Gold, Silver, Jewelry shop.. This is where we buy Gold for Jewelry making , and he is Reputable and honest.. Dealt there for years..

BEWARE OF GOLD PLATED SILVER IN THE MARKET.. Some are reputable dealers , BUT MANY are not.. Caution is advised.

If you do not know what you are looking at, just leave it alone.

NOTE : Yarrowat Market in BKK has some pretty Good Gold Shops, BUT Check the Scales when Buying. Many Owners will sell you Gold , BUT the scales are fixed at a few % off . ** A 10 Baht Coin weights 8.50 Grams.. Check them scales.... :D

Gold here is Often 96.5% Pure , make sure to work that into you calculations.. :)

Have FUN with the Shiny Stuff, it is Very Nice to actually Hold what you own..

I'd recommend Ausiris as they manufacture world standard bars:-

http://www.ausiris.co.th/th/

They now have a shop at Nim Plaza - 2nd floor in the complex by the Rimping near Aiport Central.

I just looked at the website and I believe they do not manufacture their own gold bars.

They state that the 96.5% bars are made and certified by Unicore in Germany and the 99.9% bars by PAMP in Switzerland.

From the pictures, the bars have the Ausiris logo, but the manufacture is outside their scope of business.

This is not necessarily a bad thing but it is misleading to say they smelt the bars themselves.