Reporting-the 90 Day Rule

I am a Brit. 53 years of age. I need to go to immigration to report. I noticed something mentioned on this site that says when calculating the 90 day rule that you have to count the first day. For example. I renewed my visa on 23rd September. According to the 90 day calculator on this site and my own calculations i need to go to immigation again by latest tomorrow. I then read that the first day (Sept. 23rd) must also be calculated. What's right?

Also, i understand that i need to go to Wattana to the new immigration. I live at Ekkamai, where it crosses Petchburi Road. What's the easiest way to get there. Not taxi.

And while i'm about it. What do i need to take? Latest information.

Cheers in advance.

What do you mean by "renewed" your visa? You do not do 90 day reports if on 90 day visa entry. If you are on a one year extension of stay only the first application counts as a 90 days report. Day of report or entry or extension of stay is day one of count. I would take subway to Phonyothin (Central Plaza Latphao) and walk North about 400 meters to Rasa Tower 2, floor 16 and do report there if you do not want to take taxi to Chiang Wattana. Rasa Tower closes this week on 25th for move downtown.

You will need to fill out a TM.47 form so I would download from pinned items useful information at top of forum and fill out/print on A4 page. That and passport are what you need. If you use Rasa Tower it is just before you get to Soi 19 and the rear set of elavators (both towers share lobby areas). You enter BOI area and turn right and about half way down counter is the 90 day report - if a queue you take a number from counter and wait your turn.

I will definately be going tomorrow.

What do i need to take? Obviously my passport but what else?

Lopburi3, mentioned going to Phonyothin and Rassa Tower 2 to report. Can anyone else confirm this?

Cheers for the help.

Yes, I can confirm it. It's so easy, I could not believe it. You just fill out the reporting form and bring your passport. I think it's on the 16th floor (there are signs). I was in and out in about 3 minutes last time.

Seeker

I'm kind of confused about this.

I've been in Thailand for 3 months, but I also left every 30 days because of my visa. It says that the count starts at 1 after re-entering the country, so does the 90 day rule just not apply to me because I only have 30 days at a time here anyway?

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding the "7-day grace period".....what are the chances that the folks at the new Bangkok office will let me renew 8 days prior to the due date. It sure would help me avoid a major schedule conflict. Any advice (bring cookies when I go....talk to a certain person who is known to be lenient, etc.)?

CHEERS!

D

• 4 weeks later...

is this 7 day grace period for the 90-day extension request documented anywhere?

i got my 1-yr extension in chiangmai. but i will be in koh samui on the 90th day (up to 93rd day). since i know where immigration is and all the procedures, i thought i'd wait til the 94th day to get the tm47 request done in chiang mai.

or do folks recommend i do it in koh samui, wherever immigration is??

What do you mean by "renewed" your visa? You do not do 90 day reports if on 90 day visa entry. If you are on a one year extension of stay only the first application counts as a 90 days report. Day of report or entry or extension of stay is day one of count. I would take subway to Phonyothin (Central Plaza Latphao) and walk North about 400 meters to Rasa Tower 2, floor 16 and do report there if you do not want to take taxi to Chiang Wattana. Rasa Tower closes this week on 25th for move downtown.

Is there a list of places that accept the TM.47 form? Its just Suun Ratchakan is so "far, far, away" to hand in a piece of paper (2 min job when you get there).

Anywhere closer to town?

Is there a list of places that accept the TM.47 form? Its just Suun Ratchakan is so "far, far, away" to hand in a piece of paper (2 min job when you get there).

Anywhere closer to town?

Google Maps and I don’t know where Suun Ratchakan is. The BOI One-Stop Service Center moved to a new address. See if this suits you:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...4f41c658e5ac263

If you live in Bangkok, there is only Chaeng Watthana and the above BOI Center available for you. If you do it by mail, send it to Chaeng Watthana, registered mail with stamped return envelope, the form, and photocopy of your passport pages.

--

Maestro

to lopburi3:

i am going to in koh samui 12 days before the 90-day mark (april 19), and will return on the 4th day after the 90-day (friday, april 23rd). unfortunately, immigration is closed the 24th and 25th (sat,sun). so i will try for the monday, the 26th which will be the 8th calendar...

so, do they give u 7-working day grace period? or will i have to pay the 2000 baht fine for reporting on the 8th calendar day?

what are the chances of chiang mai immi granting me an extension 12-13 days before the 90-day mark???

one of the rumors floating around about the extension is that one has to do it at the place the visa was issued (in my case, chiang mai). is this true? or can i do it in koh samui? here is the website i found regarding the extension:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

this seems to indicate that 'Immigration offices throughout the country' can issue it. (middle box of website above).

Maestro:

i looked at the google map, and it has the site on Rama 4 road near the si phraya station.

is this where the BOI bldg actually is? the address given is on phaya thai road which is quite a distance from the site indicated. do u have the address of the BOI bldg?

Believe it is on the corner of Rama IV and Phaya Thai roads in the new building there.

The 90 day report might be accepted at another location if you are lucky - take a hotel receipt or something. But most people are being told they have to report at there extension of stay location and that is plus/minus 7 calendar days.