Marriage visa

Dear All,

I am new to this forum, but I have read through almost all topics regarding to visa . However, it seems noone wantes some information same mine.

Please kindly advise if you have any suggestion.

I am going to ask marriage visa from Swiss embassy in BKK . I am THAI girl, and nationality of my boyfriend is  SWISS .He is now in Swiss. I got all of required papers from him right now ( We did check what papers needed from Swiss Embassy in BKK). However, I could not present papers to Embassy right now due to I have been waiting for my papers which are still in process of translation  from THAI to FRENCH. Of course, I asked AGENCY to provide papers  & this service for me. However, they seem to be familiar with making just tourist visa,not marriage visa. I don't want to change agency cause that will make me pay more to a new one possibly.

What I need to know is may  anyone know how to ease the procedure of asking this typeof visa. What I need to prepare  for interview? I guess maybe I need to write down some note about relationship,  don't I? How's about Swiss side, my boyfriend  need to do or be asked any thing?

Awaiting for some help. Thanks for all in advance.

regards,

zozo

Dr Pat, I really do not understand exactly what she wants,but it sounds to me as she wants to go to marry her boyfriend, and if that is the case,she will need a finacee visa,and it will be up to him to file the papers and get the visa from his home country I do believe. but if he was here in thailand then he could more than likely go to the embassy here and they might do it,but for a US fiancee visa the papers have to be filed in the usa.

Thanks for the advice from Khun Dr. Pat & Khun KevinN,

Regarding to Foreign Affairs people in Switzerland, I will ask my BF to cross check. However, I also got information aboutwhat papers are required from Embassy in BKK, so I could prepare all of them now.

The reason why I would like to ask for Marriage Visa is to go to Swiss. This advice I have got from the Swiss officers at the embassy in BKK... Then, he and I have done in what she told us to prepare the paper lists...

What I asked previously are my curiosity to know how visa will be proceed next after I present all papers to embassy. What he & I should prepare for next step .... Sorry for any confusion, my questions were not so clear :o

I searched information about the lead time to get this type is about 8 weeks atleast. However, some said it took more than that ; 1 yr maybe!!!!.. Is that truth? If so, I must need to apply for new job cause i just resigned few months ago.

One more question, if I don't have job right now. This will effect to the result? ...

sorry to ask too many questions.. However, please kindly advise .

regards,

zozo

One more question, if I don't have job right now. This will effect to the result?

It should not.  As you are not trying to get a tourist visa.  For the marriage visa the assumption will be that you will remain with your husband so you would not be expected to return to a job here anyhow.  Your boyfriend will be expected to provide support and should be able to answer your questions if he asks around.  Each country is different.

Dear Khun Lopburi3, and Khun Dr. Pat,

Sorry, I made mistake in typing. I intended to type without " S"  on the word " BOYFRIEND".  Let me correct on my error typing, actually I have only 1 REAL boyfreind. :o I wish I would have more than that in dream! :D In real, the more we have , the more problem are occured?  Ummm.. Just curioused anyway!!!??

Thanks for all comments anyway.  Sorry for causing any  confusion.

regards,

zozo