An Extra 122baht In My Kasikorn Bank Account. Anyone Else?

Opened my account in mid-September and the balance has always been xx,027 with the last 3 digits always same because I always withdraw 1000 at a time. Never any changes in balance except for my withdrawals. Now my account went up to xx,149, with the xx part no different. Only recent action I took is I recently registered for the K-cyber banking and just as well applied for the K-web card, don't know what effect that had. Anyhow the first three months there was no interest gained, is K-Bank now doing interest?

It's probably interest. My bank, Bangkok Bank, pays interest in mid Jun and mid Dec and a few days ago I got my mid Dec interest payment. KBank probably pays their interest in June and Dec also.

Bangkok Bank & HSBC pays interest, both have 2 transactions 1x the interest added and 1x the government tax deducted + it clearly states the interest rate... Bangkok Bank @ 1% and HSBC @ 2.73%..... [believe resent rate are something like .60 for HSBC and .75 for Bangkok Bank]

It's probably interest. My bank, Bangkok Bank, pays interest in mid Jun and mid Dec and a few days ago I got my mid Dec interest payment. KBank probably pays their interest in June and Dec also.

Interesting. Have never heard of sporadic interest payments or at least other than monthly. Well there we go.

Interesting. Have never heard of sporadic interest payments or at least other than monthly. Well there we go.

As far as I can remember they asked me in 1999 at HSBC if I wanted monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly or yearly [Fixed Deposit] Bangkok Bank I asked for 1/2 yearly interest when I open an account with then in 2004... Siam Comersial Bank never asked and notice in the book that interest is added every time I update the book., so maybe monthly.

You didn't say what type of a/c it is, but savings accounts get their interest paid every 6 months. Its calculated daily, but actually credited June & Dec.

If you want to increase the return and still keep liquid funds, at a minimum look for the daily traded "money market type" mutual funds - such as Thanathavee from BBLAM, or Tsy from Kbank. They can be sold today with funds available next business day, and it can be done via internet banking or ATM or call center. No transaction charges and no tax on gains. There is no excuse for holding cash in a savings a/c.

If you look at the website or maybe in the passbook, it may have a list of codes. These detail withdrawals, credits, automated or not, etc. and interest. At least one of my banks ahas this list but I cannot remember which one. ATM withdrawal slips may also have this list on them.

Interest is added every few months. or even monthly? sure that is it.