Custody Of Children After Divorce

Monkey Boy

I'm a little out of my depth on this one so comments/suggestions welcome.

My wife (Thai national) and I have been married for over seven years now. She was previously married to a Thai but he left her and their two boys nearly fifteen years ago. She later obtained a divorce from him and the marriage was anulled. At that time, other than documentation to say the marriage was anulled, no other paperwork was issued. No letter of custody for the children was issued, my wife just carried on taking care of them. The ex-father has not approached, contacted or supported the family after he left them.

The query I have is with regards offical custody of the children. I am working in Singapore but the IRAS (Tax Dept) has informed me that my wife needs to produce a document that shows the children are under her custody.

How and where do we obtain such documentation?

First she has to find out if she has sole custody or not. She can do that by going to the amphur and inquire about that. There is a form, por kor 14, that states that someone has sole custody. She will also need this to get Thai passports for the children.

If the amphur informs her she doesn't have sole custody, she will have to petition the court to get it.

First she has to find out if she has sole custody or not. She can do that by going to the amphur and inquire about that. There is a form, por kor 14, that states that someone has sole custody. She will also need this to get Thai passports for the children.

If the amphur informs her she doesn't have sole custody, she will have to petition the court to get it.

Cheers for the info. Next stop the local amphur office....