First Build Of Opera 10.5 Is Totally Awesome!

george

First build of Opera 10.5 is totally awesome!

Opera has finally released an alpha build of Opera with Presto 2.3 or greater, Presto 2.5 to be more precise in Opera 10.5.

There's a ton of new awesome in this build. First and foremost Presto 2.3 introduced Vega which is Opera's vector graphics library. For Opera it makes implementing certain things easier but it barrels down to CSS3 properties for web designers like myself. Since there are no official Presto spec pages beyond Presto 2.3 I'll just list the big-hitters outright: border-radius (rounded corners), multiple-background image support per element, border-image support, box-shadow, and 2D transforms. Opera has also made a bit of history by being the first browser vendor to make these properties available without vendor specific prefixes.

Presto 2.4 while never publicly released (at least on any desktop platform) introduces Opera's Carakan JavaScript engine. After benchmarking it's DOM and paint performance it was noticeably faster (other types of JavaScript performance will vary of course) though in regards to DOM and paint it solidified Opera's third place (out of five rendering engines (Gecko, KHTML, Presto, Trident, and WebKit) on an internal benchmark I created yesterday coincidentally. While it did not perform the benchmark faster it performed it much more accurately (70 seconds versus as low as 16 with other browsers). Other parts of JavaScript seem to be much faster and naturally it's an alpha (or as mentioned pre-alpha).

Opera 10.5: http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2009/...s-to-all-of-you

-- webmasterworld.com 2009-12-24

George thank you, i just try it but it I cannot run any version Opera with my new notebook windows 7.

i put few post already here :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Opera-1010-t317719.html

My last solution was to copy & past the folder opera 9.61 from my desktop, but I lost the direct link from windows live mail to browser.

One day perhaps i will find the solution

Just downloaded and running on my desktop with win 7 ultimate no problems. I surf alot and read alot about how some people swear by one browser over another but after many years I dont see any differene in them except for the interface. I always have to wonder what these magical differences are in browsers ???