Thailand Declares War On Pirates

webfact

If successful (which I doubt) the real losers will be Thai teenagers who could never afford the ridiculous prices that the big labels charge for goods they produce using cheap labour. As far as I am concerned if piracy puts these companies out of business then it is a victory for common sense!

Absolutely agree !! I hope the companies that produce these original products go broke !!

Most of them are greedy cheats that employ cheap labour , dodge tax's and so on ...

How can someone buying a copy rolex watch or a copy gucci handbag hurt these money hungy corporations ??

The street shop selling the copy employs 3 thai's , they in turn buy food on the street that help the food vendor , they also pay rent at home and for there space on the street. Also they send money home for there parent's.

So a crackdown on copy selling is purely a cosmetic show as pressured by the US !!

I hate US corporation fat cats , I hate bank CEO's , I generally don't have time for these cheats and liars.

Good luck to the vendors ..... and I bet if you ran a poll and asked most people what they think about selling fake goods , the majority would say the same.

In my opinion.

cheers. :)

If successful (which I doubt) the real losers will be Thai teenagers who could never afford the ridiculous prices that the big labels charge for goods they produce using cheap labour. As far as I am concerned if piracy puts these companies out of business then it is a victory for common sense!

Absolutely agree !! I hope the companies that produce these original products go broke !!

Most of them are greedy cheats that employ cheap labour , dodge tax's and so on ...

The person buying a copy will never be able to afford the original and probably wouldn't buy it anyway if they had enough money so please explain to me how that affects the sales / profit for these corporations ?

How can someone buying a copy rolex watch or a copy gucci handbag hurt these money hungry corporations ??

The street shop selling the copy employs 3 thai's , they in turn buy food on the street that help the food vendor , they also pay rent at home and for there space on the street. Also they send money home for there parent's.

So a crackdown on copy selling is purely a cosmetic show as pressured by the US !!

I hate US corporation fat cats , I hate bank CEO's , I generally don't have time for these cheats and liars.

Good luck to the vendors ..... and I bet if you ran a poll and asked most people what they think about selling fake goods , the majority would say the same.

In my opinion.

cheers. :)

Naw, the'll just put a personal crack down on a few more dates with horny farangs

or hi-so hubbies on the prowl. Viola more disposable cash and the real, non-pirated, item in hand,

more status for them and not caring how they earned it, they got it, make merit on the weekend.

I read the headline and wondered why the Thai Navy were going to the East Coast of Africa.

No chance. The US wouldn't pay for the fuel required for starters. Given the record of US forces in the matter of target identification and recognition can you imagine the chaos Thais forces would create?

Whenever Thailand has provided support for UN actions - never in the front line since they'd get in the way - Thai personnel are charged out at first world rates. Of course the squaddies don't get the full amount collected.

I agree.

Just another game of cat and mouse for the Thais. Presure coming from the big brand companies who get their products made here and then charge 5x the production cost.

If piracy put these companies out of business, what would the pirates have to copy? There's a flaw in your common sense here.