Letter From Bank To Confirm Balance

Hi

I need a letter from my bank to confirm the balance in the account in order to extend my Non-Imm-O Thai wife visa (income from job with WP falls short of requirement by 35K)

No problem, sufficient funds in Bank but our TFB (KBANK) branch hasn't got a clue what to write in the letter. They insist to state that the account will be locked until Immigration notifies them by mail that the account can be unlocked!

This is a TFB branch in Rachaburana Prachauthit Rd. in BKK!!!

Has anybody got a sample letter (blacked out personal info of course) which I could print and show to the branch guys?

If not by e-mail possibly by fax (02-426-2592)

Thanks

opalhort

Hi

I need a letter from my bank to confirm the balance in the account in order to extend my Non-Imm-O Thai wife visa (income from job with WP falls short of requirement by 35K)

No problem, sufficient funds in Bank but our TFB (KBANK) branch hasn't got a clue what to write in the letter. They insist to state that the account will be locked until Immigration notifies them by mail that the account can be unlocked!

Has anybody got a sample letter (blacked out personal info of course) which I could print and show to the branch guys?

Thanks

opalhort

Hi

Thanks

opalhort

Opal,Ive forwarded my reply from Ken ,but I think it was text only??

Anyway,he has a copy of the bank letter downloaded and has invited all Thai Visa members to PM him for a copy.Hope this helps,the Harpman

My letter says on Krung Thai Bank headed paper:

Our ref: ....

Date....

COMMISSIONER OF THE OFFICE OF IMMIGRATION

THE OFFICE OF POLICE IMMIGRATION

BANGKOK

Dears Sirs

This is to certify that Mr. ......... has maintained Savings Account No. 123-4-56789-4 with our  Phuket branch. The total balance as at <date> is THB 800,000 [actual amount here].

Any assistance which you render to the above person would be greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully

KRUNG THAI BANK PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED

PHUKET BRANCH

<signature over bank stamp>

(Mrs. ...........  .......)

Assistant Manager

Phuket Branch

Tel. 0-76...................

Thanks for all your replies, many of them by PM.

got the samples I requested. this should teach our TFB branch people how to write the letter.

opalhort

And then perhaps you should change to an other bank who knows the procedures like SCB, that would be helpful in the future, I have never had any problems with SBC Phuket branch. :o

Thanks for all your replies, many of them by PM.

got the samples I requested. this should teach our TFB branch people how to write the letter.

opalhort

And then perhaps you should change to an other bank who knows the procedures like SCB, that would be helpful in the future, I have never had any problems with SBC Phuket branch. :o

Nothing but glowing recommendations

for SCB posted on this site AFAIK,anyway.....