Blessings And Good Karma

cognos

News flash: step right up folks, and read all about it..You do GOOD things for others, expect NOTHING in return, but your blessings and good karma will return to you about sevenfold. I have so many personal examples it ain't funny. I'll relate just one..gave back all the damage deposit to a tenant who DID NOT deserve it, as there WAS damage and even a THEFT..and the personal good run on the stock market accelerated. Do your good deed, and throw it in the ocean. Waves return, apparantly. What have YOU done lately to give BLESSINGS and GOOD KARMA to others?? signed: liking the golden rule

When I do good deeds, I do not look for a return. The act of showing compassion is its own reward. I am sure that I receive good Karma in return, and offset all the bad Karma that I have generated in my life so far.

"When I do good deeds, I do not look for a return.."

..because you are clever..those that have an ulterior motive may still get rewarded, however probably not as heavily, if at all. It seems the purer the motive, the purer your life will be. Its like the higher power of God is watching "every move you make" ( Sting and The Police not withstanding ), and the wheel of life is concomitantly smoother or bumpier, which seems largely dependent on the purity of one's motive, which precedes all actions, with exceptions ( like babies crying for mother's milk are obviously exempt, a guy full of beer angrily demanding more at bar closing time not so much).

Of course we all act in self-interest to some degree or extent, from a little to completely, so no one gets out completely unscathed.. except for those who put their values higher than the worth of their life.. like Jesus, Buddha, Mother Theresa, Gandhi, perhaps even Martin Luther King, and untold "countless" others whom I do not know about. Few of us can safely say we would actually walk the talk to that extent. signed; not completely selfless

I find as I get older that I more and more look for kindness in others. These are the people I wish to spend time with. A great part of my life was spent with ... it could be called 'Unkind' people. And I was one of them. I see more and more that the saying is true - "What goes around comes around" And it is true - my acting this way is self-interested, but I hope for a good reason.

Like the old song says - 'We are stardust, we are blowin', and we got to get ourselves back to the Garden'

Edited by seedy

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Cognos,

May we ask you about the picture you've chosen as your "avatar" on TV : is that Madonna nodding out on quaaludes ?

best, ~o:37;

Mariah Carey... looking down on her " good karma " boy toy, her " blessing "...or maybe she's checking to see if she's pregnant yet

... "Jefferson Starship? Blows Against the Empire?"

Oh, Brother UG, how can you not remember that it was Joni Mitchell wrote the song for Woodstock, and its most famous performance was by CSN&Y at Woodstock :

http://www.artsandmusicpa.com/music_pages/woodstock69.htm

"We are stardust, we are golden,

We are billion year old carbon,

And we got to get ourselves back to the garden"

The words "blow" or "blowing" are not in the song.

Joni was on the bill, but did not attend Woodstock because, supposedly, her manager talked her out of it because she would have to miss an appearance on the Dick Cavett TV show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_(song)

regards ~o:37;

"..Oh, Brother UG, how can you not remember that it was Joni Mitchell wrote the song for Woodstock, and its most famous perfor.."

Joni Mitchell..another (Canadian) blessing says.." they paved paradise, put up a parking lot.."

Thanks Mc Griffith, I appreciate that, back at you, and best of things for 2010 signed: some Scottish blood