Night Shift Driver

richard_smith237

I was lucky enough to have sufficient contacts to get my Girlfriend off a DUI charge a couple of months back. It was a good lesson learnt and she doesn’t drink when driving now.

We both like a drink, but as we are not married she doesn’t live with me and her parents insist on her being home by midnight (which I sometimes stretch to 1am).

As I am not comfortable with her being alone in a taxi late at night every time we go out I have been taking her home in a taxi and returning to my friends.

We will marry in a couple of months and it’s likely this pattern will continue as my girlfriend is somewhat of an earlier bird than I.

Regardless of the decadence I’ve come to the conclusion that having a night shift driver would be so convenient it’s a possibility I shouldn’t over look.

Additional reasons for this are that Taxis don’t (or very rarely) have seat belts in the back. On my own I sit in the front seat and use the belt. With my girlfriend we sit in the rear without seatbelts which I am uncomfortable with.

Too add to this we often get poor drivers – last night I think the driver had terrible eye sight which at times was worrying, some rush too much, some play their dodgy music too loud, some hawk and spit at every traffic light etc etc…

My question to the forum is: Does anyone else have a night driver (6pm to 3am). And does anyone have an idea where to get one from?

A driver would be driving my car so I’d also be looking to install a hidden GPS tracker.

I’m assuming monthly salary would be something close to B10,000 per month.

Instead of going through all the hassle of hiring someone, I would suggest you keep doing what you have been and when you get a good driver ask for their mobile #. Do this with two or three drivers in case one isn't available. You can buy a lot of booze with 10K!

Good pointers.... I have taken taxi drivers numbers before, one in particular who used to be a driver for a foreign couple, unfortunately a couple of phones later the number is lost and I can't contact him.

The reason I'm looking for a driver rather than a taxi is that being an employee I can check / scan his his ID etc and have him checked out....

The

I used to train with a Thai guy who was a bodyguard for a canadian, the canadian has gone back and he is now working security at a bank at JJ mall, he was on 16 k a month and is now on 10k a month working from 11 am to 7 pm, I don't have his number but easy to find him as I know where he works and trains. nice guy, speaks english etc

I used to train with a Thai guy who was a bodyguard for a canadian, the canadian has gone back and he is now working security at a bank at JJ mall, he was on 16 k a month and is now on 10k a month working from 11 am to 7 pm, I don't have his number but easy to find him as I know where he works and trains. nice guy, speaks english etc

This option sounds interesting.

Although I'm estimating the work to be between 6pm and 3am... Sometimes we don't go out and this would mean the driver simply does a lot of hanging around, although usually by 10pm if we are not going out we will inform the driver he can shoot off.

I would like to be able to work with a driver who can offer lots of flexibility. i.e. sometimes he'd be required at midday, but mostly its to cover my GF and I if we go out at night. A lot of the time he would be required to simply standby just in case.

Rather than a 'Business Driver' on fixed hours, more flexibility would be required... more of a 'Social Driver' who can be trusted.