Don't Miss Avatar

tropo

Yeah tropo excuse me but blah blah blah. Like I said the 3D effects in Ice Age 3 were amazing and just blew me away and I left the cinema stunned and with an open mouth and they simply messed up in Avatar.

It's a nice try to see what the future might be for 3D movies with real human beings but it's far from finished. And alot of the 3D effects they threw in were just too lame. Still like I said some of the images like the attacking doglike creatures and an accosional shot of the girl were crystal clear and nice but rare!

Yeah tropo excuse me but blah blah blah. Like I said the 3D effects in Ice Age 3 were amazing and just blew me away and I left the cinema stunned and with an open mouth and they simply messed up in Avatar.

It's a nice try to see what the future might be for 3D movies with real human beings but it's far from finished. And alot of the 3D effects they threw in were just too lame. Still like I said some of the images like the attacking doglike creatures and an accosional shot of the girl were crystal clear and nice but rare!

I don't have a clue what you mean by "lame 3D effects". 3D is a 3 dimensional image. As expected the whole movie was in 3D. What more did you expect?

After a few minutes you forget about it (3D) and enjoy the movie. All the action was crystal clear throughout the movie and far easier to follow and enjoy with the added depth of 3D. People who watch the movie in 2D are missing out big time.

Saw it tonight in 3D in Central. A great movie, unfortunately spoiled by the usual Thai mentalities in cinemas, i.e. noise. I don't often go to the movies for this reason, last time I think it was The Day After Tomorrow which was spoiled by people endlessly answering and yapping in mobile phones throughout the movie. This time no mobile phones, instead the couple next to me had brought their 4-5 year old son who understandably didn't get much if anything of the plot and was crying whenever the action got a little hot. Reminder to self: Don't waste time going to the movies in Thailand.

Saw it tonight in 3D in Central. A great movie, unfortunately spoiled by the usual Thai mentalities in cinemas, i.e. noise. I don't often go to the movies for this reason, last time I think it was The Day After Tomorrow which was spoiled by people endlessly answering and yapping in mobile phones throughout the movie. This time no mobile phones, instead the couple next to me had brought their 4-5 year old son who understandably didn't get much if anything of the plot and was crying whenever the action got a little hot. Reminder to self: Don't waste time going to the movies in Thailand.

You certainly do have a lot of bad luck.

I watch about 1 or 2 movies a week and have done so for 4 years. These days it's either at the Avenue or Central. I've never had such a bad experience in a movie in Thailand, ever...not even close. Nine times out of ten the cinemas are nearly empty when I go. Last night there were 8 people in the cinema. I usually but not always go to late evening sessions. Near empty cinemas is one reason why I really enjoy going to movies in Pattaya. Perhaps you should chose different session times

When I watched Avatar last week the (large) cinema was totally full and I was amazed at how well behaved the audience was. No noise at all...people were totally engrossed in the movie.

I really enjoyed the movie in 2d. I then saw it in 3D in the states and enjoyed it even more. Even with the recycled thin plot, it's in my top 10 favorite movies ever. The 3D wasn't distracting at all like I thought it might be. Eerily realistic. Cameron is surely a diver as the forests had lots of giant underwater Earth creatures in it, like the tube worms that retract when you touch them. I found my body would physiologically respond to some of the more dramatic scenes, such as the flying scenes, as if they were actually happening to me. Nothing looked CGI or fake. I doubt it will ever be topped by another 3D movie. Great great stuff.

Well my experience was similar in the states, so I don't think it's a Thai thing. A father and young son sat down behind us near the end of the movie and talked as if they were standing on a street corner or something. Almost ruined it. One nice thing about some of the theaters I often go to in the states is the manager comes out before the show to welcome everyone and personally remind them to not use thier phones, even for texting, in addition to not talking and to please take crying kids outside, but some people are still just plain rude. I usually don't have any problems in Thailand. Now they run the phone ads that double as advisories to not use the phone during the movie, so that's good.

We took our son to see it last night,as mentioned before not a lot of plot ,but the movie in 3d was so spectacular ,who cares , we were all blown away ,fanbloodytastic,for those who say that the efects were not as good as ice age 3 ,get the cataracts seen to :)

Dont go weekends

Dont go night time.

Dont go School holidays.

Do go week days.

Do go afternoons

Do go Big C, way less people.

Do buy 5 beers on the way in.

Do buy water for the wife, as she is driving home. :)

This is the only way to enjoy a movie in pattaya. :D

Dont go weekends

Dont go night time.

Dont go School holidays.

Do go week days.

Do go afternoons

Do go Big C, way less people.

Do buy 5 beers on the way in.

Do buy water for the wife, as she is driving home. :)

This is the only way to enjoy a movie in pattaya. :D

Big C has stopped showing English soundtrack movies except for the odd one here and there.

Central has the only 3D theatre in Pattaya.

Unless you have to watch a 3D movie, Major Cineplex at The Avenue is still my favourite cinema complex.

Thanks for that Tropo, but no thanks.

You can keep your Fad 1950s 3D rubish.

I will stick with the odd one at the Big C , me and all 15 other people in the place.

No phones, No brat kids, No wan---s.

Relax time for me with a few beers.

Up to you.

Edited by plasticpig

great movie..in canada its almost 500 baht per, but that's par for the course

Jezz at major cineplex normal price 120 baht but when me and my bf went to see Avatar (Dec 17th) we paid 140 baht coz of wot u know? it was the 1st day! 1st day of new movie = 140 baht -_-' not fair! alrite at least on Wednesday its only 60 baht o.O all day! during the promotion.

Btw I loved Avatar movie and would like to see it again tho my bum was numb almost 3 hrs argh GO Cameron! :) we watched in eng language it was like 8 ppl in that theater and my bf was only 1 farang haha great! lots of ppl went to watch in thai language other theaters.

Go easy on it. Apparently more than a few people are developing depressions after having seen Avatar a few times...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2...fter.avatar.cnn

That is a very interesting story. I think that the ultimate measure of a movie is how much it moves you, so this must be the ultimate movie. I can think back to many movies that really moved me, that were pervasive in my thoughts and dreams for days afterwards, and this was one of them. It didn't make me depressed, but it defiantly effected my mood. You really do feel like you're watching it in real life. The 3d is that good. Listening to the shrinks, they say it doesn't make you depressed, just opens a conduit for you to be in touch with your feelings. Very interesting.