Don't Miss Avatar

tropo

Whatever you do, don't miss this movie in 3D. (For those of you who don't know, there is now a digital 3D cinema at Central)

I cannot remember enjoying a movie this much. It's so good on so many levels I wouldn't know where to begin, but suffice to say this is a movie that should not be missed.

It runs for 2 hours and 41 minutes, but it passes very quickly and never bogs down for a moment. The action is always easy to follow thanks to the 3D.

The 15:55 session was totally booked out and the 19:20 session I attended was a full house too. Despite the full house, there was no chatter going on because everyone in the cinema was spell bound.

Deluxe tickets (front) are 220 and premier (back) tickets 250.

Avatar is a very good film definitely worth going to see on the big screen.

Are they supplying 3d glasse's at Central to watch the film?

Yes they hand out glasses before you enter the theatre...take good care of them though they want them back at the exit

heard someone say the glasses will be charged at 5,000 baht per pair if you "loose" them.

they are not the old style red and green thingies...but also don't seem to be LCD like they had/have in the IMAX 3D cinemas

haven't been to IMAX for years now so maybe this is the latest technology... the LCD glasses gave a very deep 3D effect

but where quite heavy.

Edited by johng

Avatar = Pocahontas + Dances With Wolves + Special Effects :)

You must have been reading some reviews because I read that somewhere. Film critics always try to compare current movies to some movie in the past.

To be fair to Avatar, it cannot be paralleled to any other movie in history. It is revolutionary. A ground breaker that will send movie making to a new level. It is also the most expensive movie ever made, at $300 million.

A common criticism by some critics is that the story line and dialogue were a bit thin. I disagree.

This movie was produced to be watched in 3D. I wouldn't recommend anyone watches it in 2D because you will lose too much as the production relies a lot on depth. I've already heard complaints about the 2D version.

Edited by tropo

Avatar is a very good film definitely worth going to see on the big screen.
Are they supplying 3d glasse's at Central to watch the film?

Yes they hand out glasses before you enter the theatre...take good care of them though they want them back at the exit

heard someone say the glasses will be charged at 5,000 baht per pair if you "loose" them.

they are not the old style red and green thingies...but also don't seem to be LCD like they had/have in the IMAX 3D cinemas

haven't been to IMAX for years now so maybe this is the latest technology... the LCD glasses gave a very deep 3D effect

but where quite heavy.

How about these 3D glasses, can you use these if you're already wearing regular glasses?

I suppose in front of your prescription glasses…

Thanks!

How about these 3D glasses, can you use these if you're already wearing regular glasses?

Yes you can. No problem. I went see Avata 3D at Central last week. 3D glasses (polarized glasses) are very large and come in front of my glasses. I have myopia (sorry not sure exact word in English; can't see well when far) but 3D effects were perfect with my glasses + 3D glasses. I forgot about these glasses after 3 minutes :)

Yes you can. No problem. I went see Avata 3D at Central last week. 3D glasses (polarized glasses) are very large and come in front of my glasses. I have myopia (sorry not sure exact word in English; can't see well when far) but 3D effects were perfect with my glasses + 3D glasses. I forgot about these glasses after 3 minutes :)

Nice to hear. Thanks Pattaya46!

Is this film suitable for kids, has it got a certificate?

Here's the rating they put on movierseer.com: ท ทั่วไป

Perhaps someone can translate that for us.

tor by "General Audiences" = certificate U universall and so suitable for all including kids.

The approved ministerial regulation under the 2008 Films and Videos Act classifies movies into seven categories

: 1) educational movies which the public should be encouraged to see

; 2) movies appropriate for the general public

; 3) movies appropriate for audiences aged 13 and older

; 4) movies appropriate for audiences aged 15 and older

; 5) movies appropriate for audiences aged 18 and older

; 6) movies prohibited for audiences aged below 20

; 7) movies which are banned.

Edited by johng

Is this film suitable for kids, has it got a certificate?

Here's the rating they put on movierseer.com: ท ทั่วไป

Perhaps someone can translate that for us.

tor by "General Audiences" = certificate U universall and so suitable for all including kids.

Cheers mate

:)

This movie was produced to be watched in 3D. I wouldn't recommend anyone watches it in 2D because you will lose too much as the production relies a lot on depth. I've already heard complaints about the 2D version.

The 3D version was totally book up the night my girlfriend and I wanted to see it, so we saw the 2D version. I thought it was great. Excellent graphics and very entertaining.

We will go back to see the 3D, but the 2D is also great.

Dammit! I knew it the moment the movie started I should have taken the 3D ticket... I loved Ice Age in 3D but all the other 3D flicks I've seen sucked and actually ruined the movie... Didn't know this one would be digitally animated :)

Guess I'll have to go see it again...

Dammit! I knew it the moment the movie started I should have taken the 3D ticket... I loved Ice Age in 3D but all the other 3D flicks I've seen sucked and actually ruined the movie... Didn't know this one would be digitally animated :)

Guess I'll have to go see it again...

Not only that, this one was made from the start for 3D. It wasn't a 2D movie adapted for 3D. There is so much depth in the movie I cannot imagine trying to watch it in 2D.

I read about one person finding the action very hard to follow in 2D. You won't have that problem with 3D.

This is a ground breaking movie in many ways.

You must have been reading some reviews because I read that somewhere. Film critics always try to compare current movies to some movie in the past.

To be fair to Avatar, it cannot be paralleled to any other movie in history. It is revolutionary. A ground breaker that will send movie making to a new level. It is also the most expensive movie ever made, at $300 million.

A common criticism by some critics is that the story line and dialogue were a bit thin. I disagree.

I watched Avatar before I made my remark. I don't have 3D vision and I thought the story was weak indeed. Just impressive design, all flashy and no substance. That's what I think...

I watched Avatar before I made my remark. I don't have 3D vision and I thought the story was weak indeed. Just impressive design, all flashy and no substance. That's what I think...

I have to agree I didn't like it at all and thought the 3D effects were quite lame, but I do have red/green color blindness so that probably doesn't help. The storyline was just awful. Good for kids though I guess.

I already stated that a criticism held amongst some reviewers was that the storyline was a bit thin, but almost universally critics received the movie well and its strengths made up for any weaknesses.

To call it "Pocahontas + Dances with wolves + special effects" is to do it injustice. I didn't start this thread to frighten people off.

This movie is looking set to receive 7 Acadamy Award nominations in February.

I have to agree I didn't like it at all and thought the 3D effects were quite lame, but I do have red/green color blindness so that probably doesn't help. The storyline was just awful. Good for kids though I guess.

You're red/green color blind and you think the 3D effects were quite lame? (Green is the most dominant color in the movie)

Isn't that a bit like a deaf person saying he didn't appreciate the music?

Edited by tropo

I went to see the 3D version as well last night. It was kinda cool but have to admit it was a big disapointment. I expected 3D effects as good as in Iceage 3 but those were far supperior. They're completely different movies offcourse and it's abviously alot more difficult to get 3D stuff with real objects. I think I enjoyed it better in 2D actually but wouldn't have wanted to miss the 3D version because it did was kinda revolutionary and special to see!

dam_n both version were good... 2D better to follow but in 3D you have these wonderfull clear 3D images but the rest of the screen is often blurred what works against it...

I went to see the 3D version as well last night. It was kinda cool but have to admit it was a big disapointment. I expected 3D effects as good as in Iceage 3 but those were far supperior. They're completely different movies offcourse and it's abviously alot more difficult to get 3D stuff with real objects. I think I enjoyed it better in 2D actually but wouldn't have wanted to miss the 3D version because it did was kinda revolutionary and special to see!

dam_n both version were good... 2D better to follow but in 3D you have these wonderfull clear 3D images but the rest of the screen is often blurred what works against it...

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about. The 3D images were crystal clear and people who saw the 2D version often complained that the action was hard to follow. Perhaps you needed to clean your 3D lenses. I had to give mine a pretty good scrubbing.

I think you misunderstand the purpose of 3D in a movie. It's not meant to be an effect, it's merely a way of bringing out depth, the 3rd dimension. After a few minutes you should have adjusted to the 3rd dimension and stopped focusing on it. It sounds like you're looking for gimmicks like in the 3D Ripley's rides.