Eye Color

TheJoker12

brown is genetically dominant as is black hair/brown hair... so two brown eyed parents with both sets of grandpaprents with brown/blackish eyes = brown only eyes. there are elleles for some colour mixes but basically the brown plus brown for many generations means brown.

the reason why there are some blue eyes /green eyes among certain arab groups in israel or among the yementie and morrocan jews (which are mostly all brown/black hair and brown/blackish eyes is the mix of europeans (mostly males from various armies such as the french/british) that passed their blond/lt brown hair and light eye genes to the families.

every once in a while a really striking colour combinatin ocurs because of this. happens also in japan and china and korea in areas that have borders or contact with the (old) soviet union states: we had a girl come to study here, korean, with blue eyes , porcelain skin, straight black hair and spoke russian as many koreans live in some fo the remote areas of what is now all the uzbakestan and other xxxxstan states.

we have circassian/arabs here with blond curly hair and blue/green /hazel eyes.

but thailand , being in s.east asia, even in the far past, when it had 'foreigners' entering and possibly getting thai women pregnant, would have progeny with dark eyes dark hair. the later 'european farang' x thai mixes would introduce some new colour genes in to the pool, so it would be interesting to find out what colour eyes the leuk kreueng kids here on thaivisa have and what colour eyes both sides of grandparents have to see what new colour mixes may be created.

work out a punnet square for it all...

bina

israel

Its weird you say that as i know a lad whos both of his parants are from packistan ,And he is whiter than white and has bright ginger hair and his eyes are not black or brown.Its like you get some afgains and some arabs even with very fair looks. The people from pakistan and Afgaistan are classed as Asian.

I think brown eyes is the norm actually for most etnic groups.

As far as I know Caucassians are the only ones with such a diverse variation in hair and eye color (green/blue/grey, blonde/brown/red).

And that's why those blue eyes are good to have in Asia :)

the red hair/light eyes occurs among circassians (actually here in israel, most circassians stick out in a crowd when among other arab folks, and u see someone with red hair... the abu gosh family (tribe of many many people) is one such example. they also tend to marry a mong themselves: first cousin marriages /and or import russian muslem brides ...

also , ukrainian jews have that whtie skin red hair light eyes set up.

among afghanistans/pakistan i suppose there is some east/west russian (not what was known as white russian but maybe from ukraine/georgia/otehr ex soviet union state) blood mixed or maybe other ethnic groups that mixed in?

actually fascinating. goes along the lines of blood types and genetic diseases too.

kind of funny as i remember my mother looking at my kids and saying 'they dont look jewish' in her bronx new york accent. what she really meant was 'they dont look galica/austro-hungarian jewish'. they are all light haired, light eyed, and the youngest is blond blond with almost colourless faded blue/grey eyes. but that just means that the grandparents from both our sides (the previous marriage, not my thai husband :)) ) , hungarian/romanian and galiciani all carry the genes for lt. brown/blond /reddish hair and hazel/green/yellow brown eyes... all with mild freckling.

would have loved to ahe a child with present thai husband, a real mix of mixes....

bina

israel

the reason why there are some blue eyes /green eyes among certain arab groups in israel or among the yementie and morrocan jews (which are mostly all brown/black hair and brown/blackish eyes is the mix of europeans (mostly males from various armies such as the french/british) that passed their blond/lt brown hair and light eye genes to the families.

but thailand , when it had 'foreigners' entering and possibly getting thai women pregnant

:)

why is it always the foreign salvation army who pursue entering local women, is it consensual during the war?

Remember the young afghan girl award winning photo, she has pretty colour

I know a american / thai couple that have blue eyed children. The father had piercing Neon blue eyes, and their children had the same at birth, but over time, their eye color has changed to a lighter shade of blue.

Seriously, thier eye color was shockingly blue, almost to absurdity level.... but like I said their eye color has toned down some.

My first son has black eyes and black hair, my second son has brown hair and brown hair.

I met a fellow in Taiwan and he had "golden" colored eyes. I asked him about this and he said there was a "clan" in China that typically had golden eyes. I do not remember who this group was...

I think brown eyes is the norm actually for most etnic groups.

As far as I know Caucassians are the only ones with such a diverse variation in hair and eye color (green/blue/grey, blonde/brown/red).

And that's why those blue eyes are good to have in Asia :)

But not as good as green :D so my wife tells me!!

my luk krueng has blue/gray eyes. i was surprised.

i have brown eyes. wife has brown eyes. wife's parents both have brown eyes. my mother has brown eyes. my father has very light blue eyes.

Obviously not your "luk krueng" then, I suppose.

Though, doubt you would make the same statement to someone's face. :)