Information About Opening A Buissnes In The Thai Islands

amit10

First of all, I have to say i'm happy i finally found a site & forum with intellegent people and usfull information!

Now to introduce myself:

My name is Amit and i'm a young buissnes man from israel.

In the past 4 years i've worked in the night life, entertainment and public realations industry, also a little in the fashion field.

For a year now i've been traveling around the globe, looking for the ultimate starting point for my first club/bar.

After visiting thailand in aug 2009 for two months I fell inlove with the country and decided I want to learn more about opening a buissnes there in my field, the night life.

I know lots of people recommend to stay away from this type of buissnes in thailand but this is my true love and passion and I'm extreamly good at it :)

I plan to invest a serious amount of money, time and knowlege in my buissnes and I would be thankfull for any kind of information you can supply me with.

I'm trying to build a buissnes plan these days but i'm struggeling with calculating the expenses and with many other subjects.

If anyone can answer the questions below that would be wonderfull:

what is the avrege renting costs in the islands kohphangan [haddrin], kohphiphi and koh tao?

where can i find land options or even prebuilt options for a large bar/club?

what are the best options for opening a thai company, A thai partner or a proffesional company?

If there is anyone here who ownes/d a bar/resturant/club in the islands of thailand I would love to talk!

Thank you all, sorry if the message is in the incorrect forum.

best regards, Amit.

To be serious for a moment, if you are really intent on doing this, you really should spend at least 6 months in Thailand, do your own research, get to know the different resorts, bar owners etc etc. No good posting here and expecting all the research to be done for you. That's just lazy. Do you suppose those of us who have made successful bars, restaurants etc. are going to give you any information?

If you really want to open some kind of business in Thiland, I suggest you to open it in Haad Rin, nearly all year long full of Israeli. Some ten Israeli-owned business in Haad Rin now. Better you buy an already existent business than make a new one.

Casually I have some business to sell in Haad Rin :)

P.S.: Never seen Koh Phangan so full packed in the last 3-4 years. Impossible to find a decent accomodation everywhere. Wow.

To be serious for a moment, if you are really intent on doing this, you really should spend at least 6 months in Thailand, do your own research, get to know the different resorts, bar owners etc etc.

Good advice. When you are here, make note of how empty 99% of these places are. Is what you are planning to offer so different that people willl flock to your place? IMHO, if you plan on making a cool, hip place with crazy high prices you won't last long.

If you really want to open some kind of business in Thiland, I suggest you to open it in Haad Rin, nearly all year long full of Israeli. Some ten Israeli-owned business in Haad Rin now. Better you buy an already existent business than make a new one.

P.S.: Never seen Koh Phangan so full packed in the last 3-4 years. Impossible to find a decent accomodation everywhere. Wow.

No accommodation to be found for the last 3-4 years. :D :D :D

Never seen Koh Phangan so full packed in the last 3-4 years .

You are speaking of course of this Koh Phangan in Wonderlandoftheothergalaxy, isn't it? Because he speaks about this Koh Phangan between tao and samui ..... :D :D :D

Casually I have some business to sell in Haad Rin :D

i guess business is so good your moving to bali? :)

Yes, I project to move to Bali in the next year or so. Business is good, but after 10 years in KPG I would like to live a new experience, little tired of several problems of Thailand, Thai and KPG, but I will keep one of the 3 restaurants i have, just to don't break definitely the umbilical cord with Thailand. I like Bali too much :D:)

Isn't it just? So far, the only useful information has been from those who suggest the OP take some time, scout around, and have a good idea. I'd delete the nonsense posts but then I think there would only be a few left.

If the OP has trotted the globe, why on earth (no pun intended) did he figure this is the honey-pot? Opening a new establishment and making it successful (over the entire gamut of seasons, what there is left of them -- "high and none") is a very, very difficult thing to pull off.

I am stupefied by the number of people who open restaurants or bars and whatnot clearly without first doing their homework. I could rattle off an entire litany of businesses that have gone under which should never have been opened in the first place if the owner had actually studied the issue competently, instead of just looking around during high season and concluding that a business would succeed ("Just look at all the people here! If even half of them are gone in the low season, I'll still be sitting pretty.").

My advice is as already stated: Understand what is already here, what works, and what doesn't. Understand the laws and requirements to the point that you can rattle them off by heart. And most importantly, once you have sufficient data, make the crucial decision as to whether you even want to put money into a venture here (as opposed to say, Bali or Big Sur, CA).

Finally, if you really want to have a business here, consider opening a franchise. The person who has the ownership of the soon-to-be opened Subway in Lamai will definitely make more money than his counterparts in the nearby ladybars.

If the OP has trotted the globe, why on earth (no pun intended) did he figure this is the honey-pot? Opening a new establishment and making it successful (over the entire gamut of seasons, what there is left of them -- "high and none") is a very, very difficult thing to pull off.

I am stupefied by the number of people who open restaurants or bars and whatnot clearly without first doing their homework. I could rattle off an entire litany of businesses that have gone under which should never have been opened in the first place if the owner had actually studied the issue competently, instead of just looking around during high season and concluding that a business would succeed ("Just look at all the people here! If even half of them are gone in the low season, I'll still be sitting pretty.").

My advice is as already stated: Understand what is already here, what works, and what doesn't. Understand the laws and requirements to the point that you can rattle them off by heart. And most importantly, once you have sufficient data, make the crucial decision as to whether you even want to put money into a venture here (as opposed to say,

Bali or Big Sur, CA).

Finally, if you really want to have a business here, consider opening a franchise. The person who has the ownership of the soon-to-be opened Subway in Lamai will definitely make more money than his counterparts in the nearby ladybars.

indonesia not an option for OP

PM if you want some serious advices...

But as a food&beverage consultant, these are not coming free :)

There's no such thing as a free lunch/bar girl, depending on which business you choose :D

You cannot afford to hire me if you are not willing to take my own advice :D

Sorry mods, I do not either try to spam or look for business... just answering!

PM if you want some serious advices...

But as a food&beverage consultant, these are not coming free :)

There's no such thing as a free lunch/bar girl, depending on which business you choose :D

You cannot afford to hire me if you are not willing to take my own advice :D

Sorry mods, I do not either try to spam or look for business... just answering!

What's your hourly rate "Mr I am so terrific"?