Mediterranean Style Seafood

bojo

Am in Pattaya for a few days and would really like to eat mediterranean style seafood(grilled snapper, calamari etc) not Thai style seafood. Would prefer seaview rather than walking street type location. Have vehicle, but would prefer within 20K. Would any residents or experienced visitors be able to shed light on possible alternatives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Bojo

Why not try Zico's in front of Central festival mall on the beach side. Its Brazilian and very good.

Before I try it, can Jingthing check out Zico's and get back to us please? I lived in Brazil for several years so looking for a fix.

PS. I would also like a good Mexican fix....

let's not go there!

Why not try Zico's in front of Central festival mall on the beach side. Its Brazilian and very good.

Before I try it, can Jingthing check out Zico's and get back to us please? I lived in Brazil for several years so looking for a fix.

PS. I would also like a good Mexican fix....

let's not go there!

Do I take it that my judgement is not good enough? :) I must admit I have never lived in Brazil - just like what Zico has on offer.

I won't be trying Zicos anytime soon. I have been to Brazil. At such a place in Brazil there would a buffet filled with BRAZILIAN foods as part of the package. Zicos has the meats, they have the buffet, but the buffet is not Brazilian. BTW, Brazilian food is not Med.

Edited by Jingthing

I won't be trying Zicos anytime soon. I have been to Brazil. At such a place in Brazil there would a buffet filled with BRAZILIAN foods as part of the package. Zicos has the meats, they have the buffet, but the buffet is not Brazilian. BTW, Brazilian food is not Med.

OK - as I said never been to Brazil just like the food at Zico's both here and on Samui (in fact IMO Samui has the edge). I also know that Brazilian food is not Mediterranean (I might be aussie but I do know my geography :) ) Just offering something different.

No slight intended on your tastes aussiechick, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that it wouldn't be Brasileiro autêntico; this is Thailand after all. I will give it a go just for a change as you reckon it OK and also Jingthing didn't totally pan the place.

I ate at a Thai fast food place inside Carrefour at Petkasem called Yum Saap that I never tried before. They did a crispy, battered, deep fried fish strip dish that came with a amazing hot n sour mango dressing that has me hooked. I got the wife to make a note so that it can be done at home.

At the risk of hijacking a perfectly legit thread, anyone know if some fresh Peruvian-style ceviche can be had in LOS?

No slight intended on your tastes aussiechick, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that it wouldn't be Brasileiro autêntico; this is Thailand after all. I will give it a go just for a change as you reckon it OK and also Jingthing didn't totally pan the place.

I ate at a Thai fast food place inside Carrefour at Petkasem called Yum Saap that I never tried before. They did a crispy, battered, deep fried fish strip dish that came with a amazing hot n sour mango dressing that has me hooked. I got the wife to make a note so that it can be done at home.

At the risk of hijacking a perfectly legit thread, anyone know if some fresh Peruvian-style ceviche can be had in LOS?

I am pretty sure you won't find any Peruvian food of any kind in Thailand. I love the stuff and don't understand why someone isn't doing that here. Ceviche would be a natural with all the fresh fish here. I would also like to hear about this, if it exists here, but I doubt it. For some time in the US anyway, people have been saying Peruvian will be the new Thai (which is a bit passe now as far as trends go). OK, it hasn't happened ... yet.

I can't really pan or not pan Zico's. I just had a look at what they offered and without the Brazilian buffet, it isn't worth it to me. The Brazilian place that used to be in Bangkok near Central had OK meats and did offer at least one or two Brazilian dishes on the buffet, such as feijoida.

BTW, can someone report if that Macau Portuguese/Thai seafood place way down Jomtien beach road is still open (name is AMIGO)? I liked what I had there, but their Portuguese options were VERY limited, and not really for Portuguese seafood unless you count the bacalhau (dried cod).

Edited by Jingthing