Anybody Tepted To Buy Platinum Package

SantiSuk

True has been offering a free view of the next package up all this month. Now that is ending, are you tempted to upgrade?

Personally speaking, it was nice to be able to watch a full NFL game from time to time, but otherwise I was surprised at the poor quality of programming in True's Platinum package. I feel sorry for Americans who have to pay for this package to follow their beloved game. Endless repeats of Lost, old (and I mean really old) movies ... oh and not forgetting SpongeBob <deleted>??!!

I upgraded from GOld to Platinum in September so I could watch American football, intending to go back to Gold in January.  However, I have to admit that now that I have had it, I probably will keep it.  I have gotten use to some of the shows.  Regardless, it is still very over-priced and offers far less than even those service providers in countries such as the Philippines and Malaysia.

Don't be too harsh on TrueVisions, folks. After all, it encouraged me to rediscover the pleasure of reading books again. LOL. Thank you TrueVisions for being so bloody pathetic that I cancelled your totally unwatchable and totally over-priced service and -- after spending a lot of money on DVDs until I ran out of things to watch -- joined the Neilsen Hays Library. And bought new and second-hand books. Or downloaded e-books (printing them out on waste copy paper from my office -- always making sure to return the paper to the office's recycle bin).

I have to be honest and say that I did miss the convenience of cable TV for a few months -- You do go through a period of withdrawal. But now it seems as though it's of no significance whatsoever. Too many other avenues to turn to.

To misquote a popular quote: TrueVisions (mis)rules.

Wit

As regards accessing American foodball on True, the OP didn't tell the correct story..

Yes, ASN (the newish sports channel carrying NFL games) is available on Platinum, but not Gold, packages for some reason. But somewhat inexplicably, ASN also is available on True's Silver package.

So when they made the channel changes mid last year, I downgraded from Gold to Silver in order to get ASN. I sure as H wasn't going to pay a ton extra just to get a bunch of c..p on Platinum.

So now, I'm saving money from where I was before, getting all the U.S. football I can watch and used the savings to upgrade my montly Internet package.

"the OP didn't tell the correct story"

Good point - and now I don't have to feel sorry for Americans. In fact I now feel only envy cos they can watch their beloved so-called 'football' on a cheaper package than I can watch my beloved football on the Gold package.

most of the difference between gold and plat.. you can download on torrent or watch on justin.tv online.....

albeit i hate true... at least you can split the box which you cannot in malay... its a card a room ( total rip-off)

i mix kamala cable ( 250 thb a month and gold 1500thb) and i get 99% of what i want

cable have south africa supersports.... so great for the cricket

but i doubt the yanks want this....

but it has rugby... ( a real mans game as oppossed to the boring NFL... ads every 30 seconds... and wimps in padding!!!)

yawn!!!

Edited by nickthebrit