Orange Mobile Service

spacebass

I have 56 baht credit on my orange pay as you go SIM card , they won't let me make a call (because I don't use it much) it does however make this credit valueless, a rip off.

My lady has yet to make a long call on her new Orange pay as you go SIM (recently changed from AIS account because of the 'deal') that has not dropped out and she complains of the quality during the call. She never lost a call on AIS.

I suppose it is the plan of Orange and no doubt others to have so many people use their service, because they are offering 'cheap rates', that the bandwidth cannot support all the calls and people lose their connection and have to redial thus giving Orange the benefit of the expensive first part of the call many times over.

This is actually a pretty clever rip off.

I post this in the general forum as I see it as of interest to all.

You should be able to make a call with B59 as calls in the day are only B1,mine usually cuts me when I get to about B5.Are you sure its not out of date,they last for about 6 months.

I have just received my second 'free' 50 bht top up, the message says 'you cannot make a call because your activity date has expired, your balance is 56bht please recharge your card or your number will be deleted on x May 2005'

Can't make a call with 56 bht credit???? Obviously another layer of small print trickery. I was a fan of Orange, you know, charge by the second etc, now on some plans or times this is not something you can rely on either.

Edited by spacebass

So it wasn't a rip of after all. Jumping to conclusion too fast. In this case not TIT but SAF. (Sorry a$$ foreigner)

If it is expired just top it up and it will work again.

You probably got a warning some time ago.

A couple of days ago I get 50 bht credit and an SMS to tell me so, today I can't make a call, the conclusion I jump to is a fact I can't make a call with 50bht credit.

I have only had one 50 baht top up a couple of days ago, I have used 44 bht of the initial 50 bht top up and this wasn't on the first day I got the card, so in under 4 weeks the card becomes unuseable, the 50 bht top up is in fact unuseable, a come on.

You are right it has expired and under these terms it is not suitable for my purposes and I will not be stuffing more money on it maybe next time I won't be able to use it with 120bht credit I have put on it. And I don't have the need or the patience to plough through acres of small print to find out the real deal.

AIS 1-2 Call has the same deal. A 300 baht recharge card expires in 30 days. When you recharge it will give you the credit remaining from your previous top up. If you are worried about the expiration date get a girlfriend. She will made SURE the money is used before the card expires. LOL!

Yes, Khun Jean, a sorry a$$ foreigner.

I've used Orange for quite a while and you really must be an idiot not to understand that you have to keep topping up from keeping it from expiring.

You get enough warning messages when your credit is almost up or your sim expires. This is valid for all mobile providers.

I started with Orange by buying a THB 199 sim, got THB 750 in free calls and when Orange expired my sim card prematuraly (by accident), they reactivated within a couple of hours and I got another THB 400 free credit.

With a girlfriend making long calls to her family, the 50 satang/minute is a great deal .... all around Orange rules!

And yes, they even keep on giving the 50 baht monthly credit,even if your phone is blocked to outgoing calls.

My lady has yet to make a long call on her new Orange pay as you go SIM (recently changed from AIS account because of the 'deal') that has not dropped out and she complains of the quality during the call. She never lost a call on AIS.

I suppose it is the plan of Orange and no doubt others to have so many people use their service, because they are offering 'cheap rates', that the bandwidth cannot support all the calls and people lose their connection and have to redial thus giving Orange the benefit of the expensive first part of the call many times over.

This is actually a pretty clever rip off.

Same experience.

Actually I use 2 Orange SIM-cards with 2 different promotions. One is a promotion 1.5 B per minute, per second billing from the start. The other one is 4 B for the first one or two minutes, then 0.50 Satang per minute. The second SIM almost always (90%) loses the connection after a couple of minutes, the first SIM never loses a connection. I am sure this is pure coincidence. :o