New Rules For Non O Visa

Just finished my yearly Non O extention in Srisaket.

Just a heads up for some that there are new spec's being asked for

Proof of funds X2 ( letter from embassy stating pension, book banks every page........)40k month or 400k

Marriage cert both copies X2

Ever page of your passport X2 New last year just photo page and entery and visa pages

Family photo's X3 New Last year just 2 photo's

Your photo X2

Copy of wifes house reg, every page X2

Copy of yellow book if owned X2

Copy of childrens birth cert X2 for each kid

Map to your home X2

Application X2

1900 bht

They also will make your missing copies for you at 5-10bht a copy.

They are now going to your home to confirm before application is sent off to Korat.

They will make appointment time while gathering visa papers.

I have a copy of the new rules list is in Thai language will upload soon.

Proof of funds X2 ( letter from embassy stating pension, book banks every page........)40k month or 400k

What do u mean? Letter from the embassy for 400k? These are my savings. What can my embassy tell about my savings?

As you can see it says stating pension! ( letter from embassy stating pension, bank books, ........ meaning whatever else you have to show funds) 40k month or 400k year at the extension fund requiments.

But maybe this can make it clearer for you!

Sorry, Letter from embassy stating pension amount, I have a pension , That I need to get verified at the embassy as I do not keep 400k in the bank, and I do not keep a rolling Balance of 40k, So proof of income funds needs to be verified in a letter from my embassy.

If you are on a pension or some sort of structured income, were you don't keep funds in Thai banks, you will also need this!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:)

Yes, It does seem to go on and on. The Family photo nearly caught me out. Luckily I had the Kids with me.

When I was asked to draw a map with directions from Immigration office to my home , I made an attempt , its 80 kms or so. he then handed me a ruler as though he wanted it to scale. I did laugh a little and it didn't go down well with the Lady overseer. She managed to find a discrepancy with my paper work and sent me on a wild goose chase. I'll try to have a map prepared for next time. The mind boggles why my address isn't sufficient. :) No doubt there will be new rules for next year. Keep us silly farangs on our toes :D

The mind boggles why my address isn't sufficient.

Actually if you have ever tried to find an address without knowing landmarks you probably would not be asking. The normal system is land plot numbers (which are from date of registration and not in relations to other plots) and sub plots from them (8/103 next to 34/44 and such). The postman's job is not an easy one here.

Things are changing - in my part of Bangkok this month we have received new address which removes moobans and land plot numbers and provides house number/sub soi/soi or road/district type address. Am not about to be the first to use however and have not seen any new numbers in our village (so pity the postman who now must depend on knowing everyones name to get it right).

Just last week everyone in the village was ordered to have a sign by the gate showing the address. We've had one for years so progress indeed. They are unlikely to find my Village using the map I drew so my mind still boggles. :D Come to think of it , it Boggles a lot these days :)

Hello in regards to a copy of your marrigage certificate , does it need to transalated into thai language ( mine is Australian).

2. we were married in Australia and have a marrigage certificate, we then were also married the traditional thai buddihst way, can (or is there any point) to registering the thai traditional buddihst wedding or can we register the Australian marriage at the local Amphur and is there any advantage for purposes of a visa

many thanks

What will require Thai is registration of the marriage at the District Office. Immigration now wants that ledger document as well as marriage certification of those obtaining extension of stay for spouse. Believe procedure is have notorized by your Embassy, translate and have registered with MFA, then take to a District Office to enter into there books. Obtain the ledger entry copy and use that for Immigration along with the marriage certificate.

Can't see anything new in the list, other than that they want the photos 3 times instead of two times.

I will adjust the topic discription to make clear this topic is about Sri Saket.

Chang Wattana now require 6 photo's. You and your wife should be in all of them.

2. Standing in front of residence. [different angles] and showing address no.

3. In living room / dining / kitchen etc.

1. In main bed room, sitting on bed. [open wardrobe no longer required]

Marital relationship demonstration not required....[yet!]

Just last week everyone in the village was ordered to have a sign by the gate showing the address. We've had one for years so progress indeed. They are unlikely to find my Village using the map I drew so my mind still boggles. :D Come to think of it , it Boggles a lot these days :)

The last time I did this before changing to retirement 800k I also gave them my telephone number to enable them to call it when they were coming and also for verbal assistance to compliment the map should it be needed ?????

As Lopburi posted a short while ago, the house number is in fact the land plot reference, hence the non sequence of many Soi house numbers.

marshbags :D

P.S.

I,d recommend anyone who can afford it to go the 800k way, it has saved me loads of time since changing and I do not have to take my wife with me.

( also cuts documentation requirements down to a minimum )

Edited by marshbags