Working For Emirates But Based In Bkk, How?

Hello all. This is quite a specialized question.

I'm a Swedish citizen, 38 years old, currently residing in Sweden. I work in aviation and have been looking for adventures abroad, in that field. I'm looking for work mainly in ground handling management, as I have a great track record doing just that. Now, I looked at Emirates career site and found several interesting offers. None at BKK at the moment though. I found the following interesting:

"[You] Must have the right to work and live in [Thailand]. The company will not provide or assist with obtaining work permits."

Let's say Emirates (based in Dubai) have the perfect job for me, to be stationed in Thailand. How would I go about that? Would I need a work permit? How do I obtain it if Emirates do not assist in these matters? Or does it simply mean "you have to be a thai national to be able to get this job"?

Any help appreciated.

Best/Tommy

Edited by stormstereo

Tommy

"you have to be a thai national to be able to get this job"

I am afraid this is the point. If your company won't help you to get a work permit in Thailand, you can't work in Thailand.

"[You] Must have the right to work and live in [Thailand]. The company will not provide or assist with obtaining work permits." As I see it, you must already have the right to work and live in Thailand to get this job. As a farang you don't have any (of these) rights here

Edited by Brunus

MNCs have anti-discrimination policies that prevent them from ever saying anything like... this job is only open to a Thai National... but the statement they listed above is compliant with their anti-discrimination policies as it makes no mention of race... it is simply saying that they can not provide any support in getting a work permit.

While it may result in the same thing for now... the way this reads is that if the Thai government ever changed it policies on who requires a WP(if for example, they ever allowed those with PR to work without a WP), then a foreign national could qualify for the job.