All-out Attempt By Red Shirts To Bring Down Government

webfact

If you are going to stage a government OVERTHROW you target Bangkok. That is where the government is located.

This message was proudly brought to you by our sponsors the Committee for National Security. :)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to stage a government OVERTHROW you target Bangkok. That is where the government is located.

This message was proudly brought to you by our sponsors the Committee for National Security. :)

Wherever the info may come from, it is obvious. Do you doubt Thaksin has repeatedly attempted violent revolutions here? You may support him but you can't deny what he is trying to do.

Edited by Jingthing

Red-shirt leaders to hold meeting on Jan 15

Red-shirt leaders will hold a meeting on January 15 to discuss strategies for campaigning to topple the Democrat Part-led government, one of them said Saturday.

Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirt leader, said leaders of the red-shirt movement would discuss strategies for holding a mass rally with goal to bring down the government.

The meeting would decide the venue and form of the rally.

Natthawut said the campaigns would be peaceful.

"It will be the biggest ever rally of the red-shirt people," Natthawut said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010/1/2

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Red-shirt leaders will hold a meeting on January 15 to discuss strategies for campaigning to topple the Democrat Part-led government, one of them said Saturday.

Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirt leader, said leaders of the red-shirt movement would discuss strategies for holding a mass rally with goal to bring down the government.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010/1/2

When does the charge of treason enter the equation?

Some basic differences between demonstrations by the Yellows and ones by the Reds:

1. The Yellows were generally peaceful, whereas the Reds have been threatening.

2. The Yellows brought along babies and grandparents. The Reds mostly have young adults with gnarly attitudes.

3. The Yellow demonstrations have been well attended. The Red demonstrations, since Spring of '09, have been sparsely attended, if not called off right before the scheduled date because fear of few numbers attending.

4. The Yellows are generally not paid to attend, the Reds are generally paid to attend.

I wonder if Thais have a childhood story in their archives similar to "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". For those who don't know, it's about a boy who found he could get a lot of attention in his village by loudly yelling 'wolf!'. All the villagers would grab weapons and/or flee fearfully each time the boy yelled it, even though there wasn't a wolf threatening the village those times. Several episodes later, the boy notices a real wolf trotting towards the village. He runs to town and yells again, "Wolf, wolf!" but all the villagers just grin at him and do nothing, because they're so used to his bluffs.

The story dovetails perfectly with the recent warnings about Reds demonstrating en masse and causing chaos and possibly bringing down the government. Those who are bleating such alarms are like the boy who cried wolf. In other words, there is no wolf threatening to come in to the village. Mr. Thaksin has essentially been de-fanged, and his support is getting more flaccid week by week.

You're joking right? Yellows taking control of airport was peaceful? disrupting and hitting the Thai economy for years to come? and not getting paid? I know people who were there - they were bussed in and paid 500 Baht a day (placed under the food box)

How naive this post is - I will say this you will be very hard pressed to find any support for Yellows up here - all the Thais I know are Red (but don't attend rallies). Bring on an election and you will see how much Yellow support there really is - but of course they won't do that.

that 500 Baht under the food box is an old lie.....and I was there....some food boxes were banana leaves, some plastic, taken from a big place openly filled it some food and handed out, no way to put in money. Several groups cooked for themself as they did not like the meat free Chamlong food. Beside that most people I know from there are medium class, many are hotel or shop owner who you can't buy for a 500 Baht.

What was exactly violent on the airport? Beside that M79 grenades were shot on the yellows?

The meeting would decide the venue and form of the rally. Natthawut said the campaigns would be peaceful. "It will be the biggest ever rally of the red-shirt people," Natthawut said. nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010/1/2

"It will be the biggest ever rally of the red-shirt people," ....does that mean more than zero? That was the number which turned out at their most recent (then cancelled) 'biggest ever' rally. Even the rallies they've had, in the past several months have been poorly attended. You could get more people to gather for a lukewarm pop star than for a Red rally. Granted, T is pulling out all the stops, as it's getting uncomfortably close to decision time for the billions of ill-gotten gains he wants to get his hands on. How much will the gambler invest, in paying people to attend upcoming demonstrations? Will 500 baht per head for underlings be enough?

Abhisit's position is secure. I say that subjectively, as I think he's a decent fellow and a good leader. If I were to advise him of anything, I'd advise he get tougher with the police chiefs and army brass that he supposedly oversees. In other words, gauge who's on board with his policy of developing a strong & prosperous Thailand, and weed out the chiefs who are siding with Thaksin, and T's mantra of trying to weaken Thailand. T is nearly a spent force. Let him run off to play with his blood diamonds or whatever is his latest weekly titillation.

thaksin told direct that he would lead the peoples uprising marching down from the North(Northeast).

Some of his merchants told a lot revolutionary things......

The meeting would decide the venue and form of the rally. Natthawut said the campaigns would be peaceful. "It will be the biggest ever rally of the red-shirt people," Natthawut said. nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010/1/2

"It will be the biggest ever rally of the red-shirt people," ....does that mean more than zero? That was the number which turned out at their most recent (then cancelled) 'biggest ever' rally. Even the rallies they've had, in the past several months have been poorly attended. You could get more people to gather for a lukewarm pop star than for a Red rally. Granted, T is pulling out all the stops, as it's getting uncomfortably close to decision time for the billions of ill-gotten gains he wants to get his hands on. How much will the gambler invest, in paying people to attend upcoming demonstrations? Will 500 baht per head for underlings be enough?

Abhisit's position is secure. I say that subjectively, as I think he's a decent fellow and a good leader. If I were to advise him of anything, I'd advise he get tougher with the police chiefs and army brass that he supposedly oversees. In other words, gauge who's on board with his policy of developing a strong & prosperous Thailand, and weed out the chiefs who are siding with Thaksin, and T's mantra of trying to weaken Thailand. T is nearly a spent force. Let him run off to play with his blood diamonds or whatever is his latest weekly titillation.

I think the largest ever rally from the reds were around 80.000. The last biggest rallies were below 50.000. One of the reasons is said is the corruption within the reds.

Mr. Thaksin pays for 1.000.000 people.

Half goes in the pocked of the leaders=500.000

This goes to the area leaders which take half in the pocket

etc etc etc

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010/1/2

Are these "leaders" aware about what cra_p they utter?

"biggest ever rally"... so we can expect millions or gazillions of people attending the mass rally?

Thailand is fed up with that BS. Reds - leave us alone! :)

I think the largest ever rally from the reds were around 80.000. The last biggest rallies were below 50.000. One of the reasons is said is the corruption within the reds.

etc etc etc

Well well,a foreigner who knows about the payrolls and how the money disappears in a Thai political organization,but Thaksin who is Thai and is one of the most powerful people in Thailand is not aware of it himself.

Do you have more dreams to publish?

It is a mystery to me why foreigners here cannot see this whole political mess for what it really is. I may agree with some of the alleged philosophy of one or the other of the two main groups, but I cannot really respect either one as a serious political party. They are two gangs run by people who are using their supporters basically to further their own personal agendas. Conversations about who is worse, the reds or the yellows, are pointless. They are both guilty of taking over airports and govt. buildings, throwing bombs and shooting at people. They both pay people to come out and support them. I have seen so many arguments on forum about who is worst, reds or yellows. Who cares? Just the fact that they are known to everyone as reds and yellows should give a clue as to the true nature of these "parties." It reminds me of the crips and bloods in LA. I am a guest here like most everyone else on this forum and basically don't have a nickel in the outfit. After reading the political history of this country, I now believe Thaksin is just the latest in a long line of leaders which are the usual in not just Thailand, but Asia in general. This is the way this country is and we farangs should either get used to it or go somewhere else. I do not see things changing real soon, whether reds or yellows or greens or whoever stages the latest coup or demonstration.

Some basic differences between demonstrations by the Yellows and ones by the Reds:

1. The Yellows were generally peaceful, whereas the Reds have been threatening.

2. The Yellows brought along babies and grandparents. The Reds mostly have young adults with gnarly attitudes.

3. The Yellow demonstrations have been well attended. The Red demonstrations, since Spring of '09, have been sparsely attended, if not called off right before the scheduled date because fear of few numbers attending.

4. The Yellows are generally not paid to attend, the Reds are generally paid to attend.

I wonder if Thais have a childhood story in their archives similar to "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". For those who don't know, it's about a boy who found he could get a lot of attention in his village by loudly yelling 'wolf!'. All the villagers would grab weapons and/or flee fearfully each time the boy yelled it, even though there wasn't a wolf threatening the village those times. Several episodes later, the boy notices a real wolf trotting towards the village. He runs to town and yells again, "Wolf, wolf!" but all the villagers just grin at him and do nothing, because they're so used to his bluffs.

The story dovetails perfectly with the recent warnings about Reds demonstrating en masse and causing chaos and possibly bringing down the government. Those who are bleating such alarms are like the boy who cried wolf. In other words, there is no wolf threatening to come in to the village. Mr. Thaksin has essentially been de-fanged, and his support is getting more flaccid week by week.

You're joking right? Yellows taking control of airport was peaceful? disrupting and hitting the Thai economy for years to come? and not getting paid? I know people who were there - they were bussed in and paid 500 Baht a day (placed under the food box)

How naive this post is - I will say this you will be very hard pressed to find any support for Yellows up here - all the Thais I know are Red (but don't attend rallies). Bring on an election and you will see how much Yellow support there really is - but of course they won't do that.

that 500 Baht under the food box is an old lie.....and I was there....some food boxes were banana leaves, some plastic, taken from a big place openly filled it some food and handed out, no way to put in money. Several groups cooked for themself as they did not like the meat free Chamlong food. Beside that most people I know from there are medium class, many are hotel or shop owner who you can't buy for a 500 Baht.

What was exactly violent on the airport? Beside that M79 grenades were shot on the yellows?

You do not think taking a government institution and crippling the tourist trade and inconveniencing 10,000s of tourists a form of violence? Breaking the law etc.? Which other country would not send in the riot Police or Troops? Anyway, when all’s said and done they should hold an election to give themselves legitimacy - if they win fair enough (which I doubt).

It's been pretty much total chaos for quite a while. I sure hope they don't plan on attacking the crown jewel of Thailand--Bangkok! That just can't happen. It's the only place that counts.

'The only place that counts?' Its precisely that sort of attitude that has caused the great political divide in this Country. The elite wanting the status quo to remain, considering the rural poor to be 'kwaai' and of no consequence so long as they keep bring in the rice.

The 'Kwaai' are fed up with this and consider that Thaksin gave them something to look forward to, instead of being 'second class' cousins.

Usual Nation bulls**t.

Oh please, give it a rest. The poor are the ones who got thailand into this place in the first place with their bribe taking from Taksin and their use of bombs and violence and terrorism to get into power. The poor are uneducated and unfortunately no government has helped them get an education but the yellow shirts believe that the poor because of their lack of education and high illiteracy rates are unable to understand political issues and are easily corrupted. I agree.

It's been pretty much total chaos for quite a while. I sure hope they don't plan on attacking the crown jewel of Thailand--Bangkok! That just can't happen. It's the only place that counts.

'The only place that counts?' Its precisely that sort of attitude that has caused the great political divide in this Country. The elite wanting the status quo to remain, considering the rural poor to be 'kwaai' and of no consequence so long as they keep bring in the rice.

The 'Kwaai' are fed up with this and consider that Thaksin gave them something to look forward to, instead of being 'second class' cousins.

Usual Nation bulls**t.

Oh please, give it a rest. The poor are the ones who got thailand into this place in the first place with their bribe taking from Taksin and their use of bombs and violence and terrorism to get into power. The poor are uneducated and unfortunately no government has helped them get an education but the yellow shirts believe that the poor because of their lack of education and high illiteracy rates are unable to understand political issues and are easily corrupted. I agree.

haha - so lets not let them vote right? maybe the black Americans in Chicago should not get the vote either? or the Aboriginies? maybe no one without a degree should get it either... Jeez - of course it was all the poors fault - how dare they be poor!!! and you think the Yellows dont take bribes huh? only one way out - election, election, election (a fair one of course).

etc etc etc

Well well,a foreigner who knows about the payrolls and how the money disappears in a Thai political organization,but Thaksin who is Thai and is one of the most powerful people in Thailand is not aware of it himself.

There's the problem: Thaksin isn't in Thailand and isn't really wanted in Thailand if the truth be known. Better to leave him to wither in the desert making phone-ins from the back of his camel..

Which poor people here used bombs and terrorism to get into power? What poor people are in power, anyway? None that I am aware of. And if bribery is involved, are not both the giver of the bribe and the recipient both responsible? If the claim here is that the only people who should be allowed a voice in a democracy are the rich or educated, then someone does not understand what democracy is. The rich and educated are in power everywhere, anyway, and anyone who things they are doing a great job must be living in a cave.

etc etc etc

And you remember when he started to deal with the sub leaders direct? Guess why he is doing that?? He is currently not in Thailand and has no other choice. I think no one really believes that people who bribe people with 500 Baht are honest to their bosses, or?

The south is full of jokes what a big money machine that is and which all time poor guys now are rich like never before......Some even think that the red leaders don't even want that Thaksin ever comes back because the protests are the best business ever.

Look at the "peoples uprising 1.000.000 protesters, blablabla" and than there are 50.000.

Where is the money for the 1.000.000??? Alone transportation and food costs are very high.

Which poor people here used bombs and terrorism to get into power? What poor people are in power, anyway? None that I am aware of. And if bribery is involved, are not both the giver of the bribe and the recipient both responsible? If the claim here is that the only people who should be allowed a voice in a democracy are the rich or educated, then someone does not understand what democracy is. The rich and educated are in power everywhere, anyway, and anyone who things they are doing a great job must be living in a cave.

Under the circumstances Abhisit has proven all doubters wrong time and time again. I personally think he's doing a sterling job under these extremely difficult circumstances, all funded by one man.

BTW, the cave metaphor is a bit dated now owing to EDGE and 3G technology :)

Usual Nation bulls**t.

haha - so lets not let them vote right? maybe the black Americans in Chicago should not get the vote either? or the Aboriginies? maybe no one without a degree should get it either... Jeez - of course it was all the poors fault - how dare they be poor!!! and you think the Yellows dont take bribes huh? only one way out - election, election, election (a fair one of course).

no but stop vote buying and punish everyone who is doing vote buying would be a good step forward.

etc etc etc

And you remember when he started to deal with the sub leaders direct? Guess why he is doing that?? He is currently not in Thailand and has no other choice. I think no one really believes that people who bribe people with 500 Baht are honest to their bosses, or?

The south is full of jokes what a big money machine that is and which all time poor guys now are rich like never before......Some even think that the red leaders don't even want that Thaksin ever comes back because the protests are the best business ever.

Look at the "peoples uprising 1.000.000 protesters, blablabla" and than there are 50.000.

Where is the money for the 1.000.000??? Alone transportation and food costs are very high.

Ok and where is the prove that he pays for 1.000.000 people.Do you know how much?To which account?give us some prove where you get the facts.

Usual Nation bulls**t.

I suspect that the original comment was tongue-in-cheek.

Im on no bodies side except a peaceful and prosperous Thailand......

Maybe one way to bring the sides together is for the Govt to suspend Thaksin's prison sentence and invite him to be an advisor to the Govt as Cambodia etc has done.

That way the Govt makes peace with the reds, keeps Thaksin in check and under control. Can set certain parameters that he needs abide by to stay out of Jail. He is in the country so if he puts a foot wrong they can grab him easily.

After all the charges were retrospectively "trumped up" to get him out anyway. A little backtracking and all the problem is solved.

Now wait for the flamers to arrive......

thaksin told direct that he would lead the peoples uprising marching down from the North(Northeast).

Some of his merchants told a lot revolutionary things......

What's this mean,I don't even know what your talking about,are you representative of his followers,yes Thailand needs to be in the hands of people like yourself.I really hope this was tongue in cheek and because of too much Hong Tong I missed your drift.

Im on no bodies side except a peaceful and prosperous Thailand......

Maybe one way to bring the sides together is for the Govt to suspend Thaksin's prison sentence and invite him to be an advisor to the Govt as Cambodia etc has done.

That way the Govt makes peace with the reds, keeps Thaksin in check and under control. Can set certain parameters that he needs abide by to stay out of Jail. He is in the country so if he puts a foot wrong they can grab him easily.

After all the charges were retrospectively "trumped up" to get him out anyway. A little backtracking and all the problem is solved.

Now wait for the flamers to arrive......

Not a flame. You sound sincere. However, I think almost all people who have been observing Thaksin would say there is no possible way he would accept that deal. He's an all or nothing kind of character. So, sorry, nice try, no cigar.

I think the red shirts have a good point , The Government is in position, Unelected, The yellow shits over threw the legal Elected Thai government, I know i would feel aggrieved if I voted for The party that i thought would Do the best for me , They get elected , then the opposition say , I am Thick and do not know what i am talking about. I thought democracies was about the majority, All you have in Thailand, and many other country's, are the people with Money do not want to let some power go to the lower classes. I do not condone violence in any shape or form , but there is only one loser ,Thailand .Its unfortunate that Taksin was caught , because there are many other People on the Take and make high in the Thai Government,The fact is Taksin looked after the lower class, He Built schools, Roads, Hospitals, in general He was for Thailand, not just himself.

I think the red shirts have a good point , The Government is in position, Unelected, The yellow shits over threw the legal Elected Thai government, I know i would feel aggrieved if I voted for The party that i thought would Do the best for me , They get elected , then the opposition say , I am Thick and do not know what i am talking about. I thought democracies was about the majority, All you have in Thailand, and many other country's, are the people with Money do not want to let some power go to the lower classes. I do not condone violence in any shape or form , but there is only one loser ,Thailand .Its unfortunate that Taksin was caught , because there are many other People on the Take and make high in the Thai Government,The fact is Taksin looked after the lower class, He Built schools, Roads, Hospitals, in general He was for Thailand, not just himself.

And again: In Thailand people don't elect a government. Neither this nor the previous. You vote either for parties or for people in your area and to recall: most of the coalition partners told before the election that they won't support Thaksin. Now they don't support him....

PPP and Democrats had the same amount of popular votes in the last election.

JR, I don't think he is as smart as you think. Of course most of his assets are frozen, why the big revolutionary fuss, otherwise? You don't really believe he is the Thai version of Nelson Mandella, do you?

I seem to remember in one of Thaksins press conferences ,of which there have been many, that HE considered himself as Asia's Mandela.The difference being of course Mandella spent 20 odd years IN prison while Thaksin will spend an equal amount of time trying to stay OUT of prison. I just wish the man ? would do a Lord Lucan.

Yes, my remarks were tongue-in-cheek. Bangkok is a toilet and it is not the Thai Nation. It just thinks it is. This struggle is not about the red shirts prevailing. It's about the defeat of the yellow shirts. They are the enemy of all that is good and right in the world.