Thai Pillows And Bedtime Stories

cognos

..had a Queen sized bed, which should be big enough, however the Thai wife loves to snuggle close AND have a long Thai pillow between us..so..( after intimacy..)..as I move over for space, she moves closer, so consequently I end up on the very edge :) of the bed, hovering on the brink ( of disaster ) of falling off the bed..so I sleep fitfully..meanwhile, there is about 3 feet of open bed space to the left of her...GRRR :D

..so I buy me a KING sized bed , :D , problem solved, right?? WRONGO !! PRESTO, all seemed well..BUT..oh helll., I mean heck..what the feckkkk??? :D ..now she has TWO long pillows!!, and there is about 4 feet of open bed space to her left..OYYY :D

Signed: edgy ..any bedtime stories to share that are fit for TV consumption???

Lol Cognos, good on ya for remembering the Thai angle.

Yes I sympathize with you completely, and I feel this is a Thai issue because my wife, who is Thai, does exactly the same thing you describe. Complete with those long Thai pillows. I have resigned my self to the fact that my portion of the bed is no larger than the width of my shoulders. Regardless of whether it is a king or queen size bed.

Aw, have a heart Cognos! If I remember correctly, you're back in Canada. Winters are dark and cold in Canada, especially for a Thai! Thai girls are not too big, and sleep like the dead, so surely you can just pick her up and move her after she's fallen asleep?

I lived for 15 years of marriage on that one foot edge in a King-size bed, my Canadian (now ex)-wife weighed more than me so I had no chance to fight back! :)

My Thai gf is the same as your wife, but she's such a deep sleeper that I could probably just sling her over my shoulder and walk down Sukhumwit, and she'd never wake up! I just gently move her back to her side, then I move in to spoon, and she has no way to move back over. Simple solution!

That's the same with all women I reckon. Whether they are Kiwi, Japanese, Thai, Chinese or Swedish, I get 2feet of bedspace and she gets teh rest.

I reckon it's because they like to cuddle and they get colder at night, while I tend to heat up quickly and need more cooling- so if they cuddle, I get really hot very quickly and move. When I move, they follow. I don't blame them, they want to cuddle and get warm.

But I don't have the pillow problem- probably because I don't keep them in my bed.

"..I lived for 15 years of marriage on that one foot edge in a King-size bed, my Canadian (now ex)-wife weighed more than me so I had no chance to fight back! laugh..."

..my wife weighs 95 pounds, but as you know with Thai women, we still have no chance to fight back.

"..I reckon it's because they like to cuddle and they get colder at night, while I tend to heat up quickly and need more cooling- so if they cuddle, I get really hot very quickly and move..."

can relate..when she first got here ( Canada), I had to turn the heat up to almost 80 f, and I was sweating in my underwear on top of the blankets..whilst she was under several blankets, with a jacket, scarf, toque and gloves on..this is true... and she was still complaining how cold it was!!

I don't like to be touched in my sleep as I am a bad sleep walker/talker/shouter & the slightest nudge can send me off on one of my little jaunts or shouting fits so hubby has learned to stay on his side of our super king sized bed but as he seems unable to sleep without having his leg slung over someone (used to be me till one particularly bad night when he moved & I started pummeling him thinking I was being attacked, all in my sleep mind you, the first I knew of it was when he complained in the morning of having nearly been killed :D ) so has the sausage pillow for company now instead. :D:)

can relate..when she first got here ( Canada), I had to turn the heat up to almost 80 f, and I was sweating in my underwear on top of the blankets..whilst she was under several blankets, with a jacket, scarf, toque and gloves on..this is true... and she was still complaining how cold it was!!

When I first got to Thailand, after a week my balls were itchy from heat rash. In two weeks I was sleeping naked and with my bed in direct line of airflow from the aircon, blowing straight at them... Sometimes at bars I'd go to the loo and lock myself in a stall, just to let them breath a bit.

It was agony. I thought I might have caught something but it always came right in the cool, got worse in the heat. One day back home and I've been fine since.

Anyone else had similar issues? I'd have to find a solution if I'm to come back.

• 3 weeks later...

..last night at 2 am the wife woke me up and complained she could smell curry from the downstairs tenant's suite, and it was driving her crazy..

meanwhile i had cooked chicken curry that evening UPSTAIRS, and she loved it..she must be getting used to the cold canadian winter, because she opened the window wide open.

She is coming even closer now, and there is about 4 feet of empty space on the other side of her, she wants me to cuddle.. as I languish with my EIGHT INCHES..... ( of bed space )..

signed; not what you thought eh??

Like I said, wait till she's asleep, and then move her over. Only 4 more months till spring! :):D :D

I heard that you guys actually got some positive temps yesterday! What is happening to the weather?!? You should be heading into the darkest, coldest part of winter! This is when even the salty slush should be frozen! I remember thanking god for the PATH downtown this time of year... :D

It's actually been cool for a couple of days here, I might have to use the blanket!

same problem with all previous gfs, end up right on the edge, huge as I am, about to fall, and this tiny thing is blocking my route to comfort. Add this to the massive amount of body heat thai people generate when they sleep and it can be a real problem.. To be honest I havent worked out a solution. Funny thread.