It's Ok, Your Married To A Farang

longstebe

I'm sure most of the wives have heard this one.

My wife should have known better, she had a small project to do in university in a group of 4 people.

The project required some nice paper and other trimmings to make it all look presentable.

So, being a good student that she is :) , she took it on herself to buy the things in her own time.

This was agreed by all of the group.

When she asked the group for the money the following day only 1 girl would pay. The comment came from

a guy whom I've met before.

The total cost was 130 baht.

I'm not going to harp on about my finances but he knows I'm not in work and not much older than him and

he had visited the small room that we were renting at the time.

Thai logic, 1 pound = 53 baht, everything costs the same.

This stereotype is constantly reinforced by Farangs who spend like drunken sailors here. Millions of bht for sin sod, house, car, extended family support, etc, etc.

They have to else the girl that is half their age and 10 times as good looking will leave them.

This stereotype is constantly reinforced by Farangs who spend like drunken sailors here. Millions of bht for sin sod, house, car, extended family support, etc, etc.

They have to else the girl that is half their age and 10 times as good looking will leave them.

Rubbish,my wife is 24 years younger than me ,her familly are quite well off we have been married 16 years and i have never paid sin sod ,or given the familly money (except her younger brother,but we wont go there as all the familly have) ,in fact when the pound collapsed last year i borrowed money off them to put in the bank for 3 months.

Yeah exactly, it's completely ridiculous to suggest that generally a girl half your age, ten times better looking than you and unable to converse with you beyond pigeon english and "sanook mak mak mak" is in it for the money.

Rubbish,my wife is 24 years younger than me ,her familly are quite well off we have been married 16 years and i have never paid sin sod ,or given the familly money (except her younger brother,but we wont go there as all the familly have) ,in fact when the pound collapsed last year i borrowed money off them to put in the bank for 3 months.

you are the guy who was hustling a bride/thai marriage service if i remember correctly, right?

do you understand the concept "exception to the rule"?

cough, cough! ive never seen a girl from the upper part of thailand who came from farm stock who is anywhere remotely attractive! the one that guys choose as their marriage partners.

tons of upcountry beauties but these dont have that burning desire to marry a farang!

cough, cough! ive never seen a girl from the upper part of thailand who came from farm stock who is anywhere remotely attractive! the one that guys choose as their marriage partners.

tons of upcountry beauties but these dont have that burning desire to marry a farang!

I wouldn't bother crying into your beer for the mature men in Thailand........ :) .

They are having the time of their lives....... :D

While you.......

Post tired old cliches on an internet forum... :D

As a drunken sailor I resent that remark :) Never paid sin-sot, missus bought her own car and had a house when I met her... Only thing I have ever given the family was a bottle of black label and a fig tree..

Edited by Pdaz

As a drunken sailor I resent that remark :) Never paid sin-sot, missus bought her own car and had a house when I met her... Only thing I have ever given the family was a bottle of black label and a fig tree..

But it was a very very very expensive fig tree....right?

Otherwise you will just be added to the ever growing list of exceptions!!!!!..... :D

So what's your secret? I am serious cause I would sure like to be able to date girls 24 years younger than me when I get to that age. Are you some sort of cult leader?

does being taken advantage of a girl w a second grade education qulify as having a good time.....boy i sure am missing out on the good life!

Thanks for your pretentious opinion. Now could you please go back into your hole? I thought that TROLLS had some sort of a curfew.

Sorry maybe i should edit this. I think that "Muuucus" may have a second grade education and I sure as hel_l would not want to pick on someone with a developmental disability.

Edited by mizzi39

So what's your secret? I am serious cause I would sure like to be able to date girls 24 years younger than me when I get to that age. Are you some sort of cult leader?

Forget it...you see the way you guys are telling it, the whole of Thailand will be housed up, by the time you are as old as the people you criticise...... :)

Edited by 473geo

I don’t care if the Thai gal or her family thinks that because she is 20+ younger than me mean I have to spend a lot of money. I will stay away about this stereo type and people who think like this. After all I may be older but I offer much more than any Thai guy young or old to the gal I chose and she chooses me. And they also know this knowing the Thai man history and habits

Who says anybody needs to marry someone much younger? You don't have to marry anyone. All my lady friends are almost 3 times as young as me and I don't hear any complaints. But, I ain't buying them a house and getting married either. I certainly spend less money on them than either of my two ex wives. Getting married is for the young and foolish who either need a mommy or just want to raise a family. You can forget about the true love crap because it only lasts a few years no matter how well matched you are. And, why would any sensible older man choose an old woman for a girl friend or wife when there are hundreds of far more beautiful young women all waiting in line? People seem to lose the concept of consequences in every day living. You eventually pay for everything you do. It is up to you how much you want to pay and what the consequences are.

Unfortunately, that is the concept held by most Thais... "Farang have lots of money". The fact is that most of us are on a limited budget and have to live within our means.

Quite a few of the Thai ladies married to foreigners actually exaggerate her husband's income to her friends and relatives.

I guess this is to kind of show off in a way that they are very well married.

Remember how surprised I was when I found out my wife did that as well.

I have a farly good salary (not rich by any standard), which means very good salary in Thailand.

Nevertheless did she add a little extra when she mentioned it to her family and friends.

Kind of weird coming from an intelligent woman.

Anyhow it backfired, as she is now expected to pick up the check every time she is out having dinner with her female friends.

lol

boring boring boring... how does every single thread decompose to these stupid stereotypical comments...

yes its a pain when people have stereotypes of others. perhaps your wife next time will collect the money first, then return any change if there is leftover... i ve learned the hard way, without regarding whether im rich or not... never pay first and ask for returns after unless u really dont care if u dont get the money back.

bina

israel

Otherwise you will just be added to the ever growing list of exceptions!!!!!..... :D

So strange, that after 19 years of living in Thailand, the exceptions appear to be amongst ThaiVisa members.

Never anywhere in the world are such people grouped together who married into wealthy, influential families............. :D

With absolutely stunning girls half their age who fell into their arms at the gates of an overseas university..... :D

Pathetic !!! :)

You guys really do need to get real, I'm so tired of reading about ...... " My wife......." Who I met when she was doing a Masters degree at Harvard"......

What a load of tosh, do you honestly think she would want anything to do with an old man , if her family can afford to send her overseas, she certainly does not need you !!

Yes . yes, I know, you're rich and handsome with similar qualifications and are accepted by the Thai elite, you have connections with all the higher powers in Thailand and you were also in the CIA, FBI, SAS, MI5, MI6, Green Berets and the Boy Scouts...... :D

Get real, you're only kidding youself. nobody else.

Anonymous internet forums.............. where all the rich handsome influential people seem to congregate :D

Edited by Maigo6

and many buy a bg every night..(or rather at 3 pm when they are open for business).. 1000 baht per day adds up quickly, and so does beer in bars..tip, tip, tip

Didn't realise an ordinary guy like me moved in such exclusive circles on TV....... :D

Better start watching my P's and Q's........ :D

Haha..

Geo, just read through many of the posts here and guys are actually telling total strangers their wifes qualifications.... :D

It's absolutely unbelievable, where else would you write about your wife and list her qualifications ( real or imaginary ) and state catagorically that she never worked in a bar...lol....It's pitiful really....

In some ways I understand these guys, in another way I find it kinda sad, it's like they are trying to justify their relationship to themselves, cos nobody else gives a toss anyway....

Always reminds me of a Guy I met in Pattaya who told me about his wife whom he had met in Pattaya, of course she had never worked in a bar, was half his age, etc etc.....

I went on the pizz with him and his wife turned up, he proudly inroduced her to me, he didn't really need to introduce her really, I knew her 5 years earlier in Soi 6, but he was happy as Larry, so good luck to him, as far as I know they are still together, must be 13 years now.

Seems very strange that ThaiVisa members attract all the prime women in Thailand....... :)