It's Ok, Your Married To A Farang

longstebe

.."and I sure as hel_l would not want to pick on someone with a developmental disability..."

as a special needs teacher either would I..besides, aren't we all special needs to some degree???

sigened: would be hypocritical

Yeah exactly, it's completely ridiculous to suggest that generally a girl half your age, ten times better looking than you and unable to converse with you beyond pigeon english and "sanook mak mak mak" is in it for the money.

its just a generalization based on either..

a. observations

b. conjecture

c. bitterness

d. jealousy

e. other

Never had a wife with qualifications......... :)

Did do a night course with one..... 'the real bartenders course'......yep we got a certificate too!!!!

Ha ha........... that was when I was thinking of buying a pub in NZ.......... :D

This stereotype is constantly reinforced by Farangs who spend like drunken sailors here. Millions of bht for sin sod, house, car, extended family support, etc, etc.

They have to else the girl that is half their age and 10 times as good looking will leave them.

cough, cough! ive never seen a girl from the upper part of thailand who came from farm stock who is anywhere remotely attractive! the one that guys choose as their marriage partners.

tons of upcountry beauties but these dont have that burning desire to marry a farang!

Perhaps a visit to the optician is due. I am married to Isaan "farm stock" :) and I regularly receive comments from both Farlangs and Thais on how beautiful she is in Thailand and overseas.

You may also be looking in the wrong places.

"..I offer much more than any Thai guy young or old to the gal I chose and she chooses me. And they also know this knowing the Thai man history and habits.."

there are MANY good Thai men that take good care of their Thai wife ( or wives, for that matter): i know from experience and observation

signed: farang

"..Never anywhere in the world are such people grouped together who married into wealthy, influential families......

"..With absolutely stunning girls half their age who fell into their arms at the gates of an overseas university.."

There are exceptions to your thesis, believe it or not.

signed: blanket policies are immutable and irrefutable

"..Never anywhere in the world are such people grouped together who married into wealthy, influential families......

"..With absolutely stunning girls half their age who fell into their arms at the gates of an overseas university.."

There are exceptions to your thesis, believe it or not.

signed: blanket policies are immutable and irrefutable

Cognos, I dunno what you're drinking or smoking, but I want some !!!! :)

Didn't realise an ordinary guy like me moved in such exclusive circles on TV....... :D

Better start watching my P's and Q's........ :D

Haha..

Geo, just read through many of the posts here and guys are actually telling total strangers their wifes qualifications.... :D

It's absolutely unbelievable, where else would you write about your wife and list her qualifications ( real or imaginary ) and state catagorically that she never worked in a bar...lol....It's pitiful really....

In some ways I understand these guys, in another way I find it kinda sad, it's like they are trying to justify their relationship to themselves, cos nobody else gives a toss anyway....

Always reminds me of a Guy I met in Pattaya who told me about his wife whom he had met in Pattaya, of course she had never worked in a bar, was half his age, etc etc.....

I went on the pizz with him and his wife turned up, he proudly inroduced her to me, he didn't really need to introduce her really, I knew her 5 years earlier in Soi 6, but he was happy as Larry, so good luck to him, as far as I know they are still together, must be 13 years now.

Seems very strange that ThaiVisa members attract all the prime women in Thailand....... :)

I'm not saying she's a stunner, but my wife is PRIME in terms of Jai dee mak mak :D ( and sensitivity and temper :D )

signed: TV member

post-47603-1262471238_thumb.jpg

Didn't realise an ordinary guy like me moved in such exclusive circles on TV....... :D

Better start watching my P's and Q's........ :D

Haha..

Geo, just read through many of the posts here and guys are actually telling total strangers their wifes qualifications.... :D

It's absolutely unbelievable, where else would you write about your wife and list her qualifications ( real or imaginary ) and state catagorically that she never worked in a bar...lol....It's pitiful really....

In some ways I understand these guys, in another way I find it kinda sad, it's like they are trying to justify their relationship to themselves, cos nobody else gives a toss anyway....

Always reminds me of a Guy I met in Pattaya who told me about his wife whom he had met in Pattaya, of course she had never worked in a bar, was half his age, etc etc.....

I went on the pizz with him and his wife turned up, he proudly inroduced her to me, he didn't really need to introduce her really, I knew her 5 years earlier in Soi 6, but he was happy as Larry, so good luck to him, as far as I know they are still together, must be 13 years now.

Seems very strange that ThaiVisa members attract all the prime women in Thailand....... :)

I think a lot of the guys here would like to think they are putting into a relationship as well as taking out of it, and in many cases they probably are, emotionally I mean, they really care for their wives, and I'm sure their affection is returned in many cases too........so of course when the other type of poster that TV attracts comes along.....lumps them all in the same bucket...........starts rolling out the repetative tired old cliches to try and look smart........well can't blame them for trying to put the other side......when realistically all they want to do is get on and enjoy life......I guess they just think the knockers are waiting for the relationship to fail......well can't blame them for that either can you?

It has been said a million times......these relationships serve the two people within whatever the logic.......you are right nobody else is interested.....or certainly should not be.......but then why the constant barrage from people who just cannot seem to mind their own business?

You know what......I think these relationships are easy targets for the knockers on this forum who have no input to the more intellectual forum threads!!!

Just one more point.....I happen to think my wife is the absolute pick of the bunch.... :D ..so it doesn't surprise me if others have the same opinion of their wives.. :D .

Cognos I hope your wife is not reading over your shoulder........when you are not saying she's a stunner!!!!

You might just see that temper again!!!!

You must like to live on the edge!!!

Edited by 473geo

boring boring boring... how does every single thread decompose to these stupid stereotypical comments...

bina

israel

Because these threads are started by and contributed to by many self indulgent Farangs with a massive superiority complex.

I don't know of one Farang that is being held captive in Thailand with a gun to his head, most are free to go wherever they want.

(although I know some can't afford an air ticket.)

There is an overwhelming theme on this Forum that it is ' THEM ' against ' US '.

Yet many of these guys Marry a Thai, build a house in Thailand on land they can never own then get all resentful when the money starts running low, then comes the bitterness, it must be Thailands fault that the Farang didn't have a clue about financial management, because of course, it can't be his fault......yeah right..

The evil Thais have stitched up another Farang, when in reality, he stitched himself up by his own gross stupidity... :)

"..Cognos I hope your wife is not reading over your shoulder........when you are not saying she's a stunner!!!!.."

modesty is the key..if I say she's a stunner, and I get flamed..MY temper will come out...just kidding

signed: perception is reality

"..Cognos I hope your wife is not reading over your shoulder........when you are not saying she's a stunner!!!!.."

modesty is the key..if I say she's a stunner, and I get flamed..MY temper will come out...just kidding

signed: perception is reality

ok you were being modest - accepted - good thinking.... :) .

maigo u sound like u have a hangover. particularly vitrolic stuff in your posts. the original post and the op probably knew what would happen when he posted, but he was just asking a question about something that irritated his wife...

this thread is obvously going in the way of all 'thai women are....' threads if it doesnt simmer down to the discussion at hand which is: thai stereotypes in general and how it affects our partners...

so everyone, skip the cliches that we bandy around here all the time. its boring.

or i will just close the thread.

bina

israel

I thought we were having a friendly chat...... :)

Oh yes OP all Farangs are supposed to be rich......but now there are many working class holiday makers who come here on the back of a credit card....

I doubt this is too widely known......but I think the realisation is fast spreading.

"..I doubt this is too widely known......but I think the realisation is fast spreading..."

they spread themselves thin..it seems many get caught in this "venus fly trap"..with over-indulgence in liquor and girls mainly, one would suspect at first glance