Vaf1 Form. Uk Visit Visa.

Can someone advise me as to the best response to question 5.18 on form VAF1?

The question is as follows:

If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit, how much money will they give you?

Please also explain why they are paying for all or part of your visit.

I am covering all the costs involved for my fiancees visit as she is not able to afford it on her own, (usual story) and will not actually be giving her any money directly.

Is an acceptable answer:

Fiancee will cover all costs as I am unable to fund the visit myself.

It doesn't really seem to answer the question. The only other answer I could come up with was to estimate what the cost to me of her visit would be, and give that figure. It still doesn't seem correct as I will not actually be giving her the money.

Would a better answer be:

As I am unable to fund the visit myself my fiancee will give me £XXXX to cover all costs.

Thanks,

Knorty.

As above - say all costs will be covered by sponsor. It is important to make sure that the application includes full sponsor details clearly indicating ability to afford this. Bank statements, payslips etc. They are quite used to this scenario - we had no problems with this. My gf (now wife) also had an additional cardholder credit card with available credit. This is quite easy to arrange but remember the liability for any debt is yours!!!!

They will need to see the funds available in her bank to show she can fund the trip herself for example.

But if you are funding it your bank statements will verify you have sufficient funds to maintain and accommodate her whilst in the UK.

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

They will need to see the funds available in her bank to show she can fund the trip herself for example.

But if you are funding it your bank statements will verify you have sufficient funds to maintain and accommodate her whilst in the UK.

Yes, I understand and have that all covered. What I'm looking for is a way to answer the question truthfully as I'm not actually giving her any money.

We have the common problem of proving 'reason to return' and I don't want to give the ECO any excuse to refuse her VV on an incorrect or ambiguous answer.

Yes, I understand and have that all covered. What I'm looking for is a way to answer the question truthfully as I'm not actually giving her any money.

We have the common problem of proving 'reason to return' and I don't want to give the ECO any excuse to refuse her VV on an incorrect or ambiguous answer.

As required all costs funded by sponsor.

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

The reason to return is totally different from you as a sponsor funding the trip.

Are we to presume that your fiancee wishes to go to the UK for a holiday? if so, as you have suggested, she needs to demonstrate that she has a reason to return to Thailand after her trip, job, studies, property and the like.

Your original question was about sponsorship and that's what others have given you advice about, but the issue of her return is certainly something she needs to address.

The reason to return is totally different from you as a sponsor funding the trip.

Are we to presume that your fiancee wishes to go to the UK for a holiday? if so, as you have suggested, she needs to demonstrate that she has a reason to return to Thailand after her trip, job, studies, property and the like.

Your original question was about sponsorship and that's what others have given you advice about, but the issue of her return is certainly something she needs to address.

If he is submitting a Vaf 1 form we presume its for a holiday however clarification would be useful as suggested.

Thanks for the replys.

To clarify, Yes she will be coming for a holiday on a visit visa(if granted).

The point about 'reason to return' was intended merely to show that this point is difficult to prove, (we have known each other for two and a half years so hope that the strength of relationship will be enough to satisfy the ECO) and I/we don't want to answer any question on the VAF1 form with an answer that could be wrongly interepted, hence the question. It asks what funds will sponsor GIVE, and as previously stated I am covering all costs involved so won't actusally be GIVING any money directly.