Mild Winter So Far ? Or Normal ?

Sparkles

Without wishing to kick of a global warming debate it does seem a remarkably mild winter.The way its panning out I am not going to get a chance to wear some new jumpers I bought in anticipation of colder weather. Long term residents might like to add their 2 satangs worth, normal or abnormal ?

There have been a few cold nights and early mornings but nothing beats last year. It was the coldest last winter that I have experienced in the past 8 years. I have talked to a few old Thai men that don't remember it ever being as cold as last year. It is still early in the season though. I am certain that we will hit a few 16 degree nights before it warms up.

There have been a few cold nights and early mornings but nothing beats last year. It was the coldest last winter that I have experienced in the past 8 years. I have talked to a few old Thai men that don't remember it ever being as cold as last year. It is still early in the season though. I am certain that we will hit a few 16 degree nights before it warms up.

I'm certain we'll have sub-16° nights too. In fact, according to the Thai Meteorological Dept, it's been below 16° every night for the past 6 nights, getting as cold as 13.2 on Dec 30.

Normal low for December is 15 and it only went below that twice in Dec, on the 30th and 31st.

Info here: last 7 days

and here:30 year average