Why The Overrepresentation Of Brits In Thailand?

nicolas18

Same here i was threatened with violence on 2 seperate occaions in a week by Pakistanis in Rotherham in 2009 in the space of 10 days, as i was merely walking down the street it was clearly due to my hideously white skin colour. If i had beat them up id have been the one up in court on a racial violence charge.

Thing is not many Brits here have Thai citizenship, they are merely just visiting for a long time, but there is a huge differene between Brits moving here and marrying a Thai and intergrating into the community (to varying extents) then the ghetto areas in the UK that are full of alien cultures where theyve made it unsafe for a indigenous person to walk through purely because of their skin colour.

I think his post says it all.

My work takes me to many of these so-called ghetto areas in London and other large cities, mostly at night, often alone, and I have never felt unsafe.

However, on one occasion recently I was abused and threatened by a drunken Scotsman. So, following the logic expressed by posts such as the above, all Scots must be drunks looking for a fight and those in England should be returned to Scotland forthwith! :)

BTW, nice back-peddling, dumball!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware of the documents you have linked to; but they don't contain a population breakdown by ethnicity.

OK; are you saying the UK authorities are even slower than in Thailand if they can't provide real statistics since 2001....? :)

I'm half joking half serious on this.....

LaoPo

It's possible that if one were to search thoroughly then more recent figures than 2001 could be found, especially for specific locales; but full UK censuses are only conducted every 10 years.

My work takes me to many of these so-called ghetto areas in London and other large cities, mostly at night, and I have never felt unsafe

Well,as a resident of South East London for 25 years I would say you just havent been around 'the ghettos' long enough.

The cultures mesh - Thai's and Brit's are both raging alcoholics

So right, what is it with poms? Cant eat a meal without a beer? Always beer

and p*ssy on the mind. I guess they fit right at home here.

In my opinion it's because most English men who move to Thailand aren't up to the (deluded-ly high) standards of English women. It's easier to go pay for it AND get to be the big fish in the pond for a while. Went to live in Thailand because of the heat eh....yeah ok.

My work takes me to many of these so-called ghetto areas in London and other large cities, mostly at night, and I have never felt unsafe

Well,as a resident of South East London for 25 years I would say you just havent been around 'the ghettos' long enough.

As I have already said, I currently live in a town with a high immigrant population. Over the last 30 years I have lived in Streatham, Tottenham, Clapham to name a few.

In addition to the above 'Scottish' incident, I was mugged 20 years ago outside Clapham South tube; by a white Englishman. The people who came to my assistance were black West Indians.

Of course there are immigrants that are criminals, just as there are criminals in the indigenous population. But like the indigenous population, they are in the minority.

I am aware of the documents you have linked to; but they don't contain a population breakdown by ethnicity.

OK; are you saying the UK authorities are even slower than in Thailand if they can't provide real statistics since 2001....? :D

LaoPo

It's possible that if one were to search thoroughly then more recent figures than 2001 could be found, especially for specific locales; but full UK censuses are only conducted every 10 years.

You're probably correct but for me hard to comprehend that a civilized country (island in fact where it's so hard to get to;look at the situation near Calais/France) like the UK cannot combine the statistics by the cities and villages/towns and add up.

Of course, it won't be precise but a good figure to live by.

In my own country they know exactly how the ethnic population situation is, year-on-year; I wonder why the UK is so different that they can only do so one every 10 years :)

I'm flabbergasted.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I dont believe someone who has from Surrey on their avatar goes to inner city areas full of Somalians or Nigerians or Northern/Midland towns where Pakistanis have taken over is not intimidated late at night, maybe youre getting these places mixed up with Esher and Fleet.

Believe what you like, what I have said is true.

You obviously know nothing of Surrey; particularly the north west corner where I live!

BTW, Fleet is in Hampshire.

Lets have a closer look at those wonderful immigrants to the UK shall we...

Pretty good representation I think.

Oi For England.

What relevance has the immigrant population of England got to the original heading of "Why the Overrepresentation of Brits in Thailand". Having just had my bottom felched - sorry, smacked - for irrelevance on another thread, I think this onehas gone even further beyond the pale.

What relevance has the immigrant population of England got to the original heading of "Why the Overrepresentation of Brits in Thailand". Having just had my bottom felched - sorry, smacked - for irrelevance on another thread, I think this onehas gone even further beyond the pale.

The Op asked why there were so many Brits in Thailand.Just answering his question.

As some posters have mentioned, Britain sucks.

Thailand is becoming a haven for Britain’s poor, economic refugees, because Britain is now in at the bottom league of so-called Western developed countries.

Many Brits have decided to place themselves in Thailand because of it’s lax enforcement of border entry laws, cheaper cost of living and easy access into the country. For those who cannot meet the standards of Immigration, there are many ways to bypass the system therefore no need to show proof of income or have sufficient savings.

In other words, for those who were pleased to have escaped the council tenants (or trailer park trash) in your home countries, the odds are that there will be some heading your way soon, as neighbours.

Thailand is becoming a haven for Britain’s poor, economic refugees, because Britain is now in at the bottom league of so-called Western developed countries.

Many Brits have decided to place themselves in Thailand because of it’s lax enforcement of border entry laws, cheaper cost of living and easy access into the country. For those who cannot meet the standards of Immigration, there are many ways to bypass the system therefore no need to show proof of income or have sufficient savings.

In other words, for those who were pleased to have escaped the council tenants (or trailer park trash) in your home countries, the odds are that there will be some heading your way soon, as neighbours.

Coming from a council estate in England I find your fatuous faux-snobbish smugness amusingly offensive.

But hey - we are Engerrrlund.

This thread should be closed - by the British Embassy!

Thailand is becoming a haven for Britain's poor, economic refugees, because Britain is now in at the bottom league of so-called Western developed countries.

Many Brits have decided to place themselves in Thailand because of it's lax enforcement of border entry laws, cheaper cost of living and easy access into the country. For those who cannot meet the standards of Immigration, there are many ways to bypass the system therefore no need to show proof of income or have sufficient savings.

I don't think people who have the social skills to build a network of friends/meet a girl from the same country actually move to Thailand do they? Any exceptions to this I'd be pleased to hear.

Majority of expats in Thailand aren't part of a majority socio-economic group. People (men) move to Thailand and live on pensions or benefits being paid to them by the UK. Aside from people in a technical role working in Bangkok, who actually lives in Thailand and works?

Britain is no longer great but are you just going to give up on it, leave and STILL fuc_king moan and slag it off?!?

Maybe outside of London, England is still England (in parts).

But on a recent business trip over there I had a Polish guy open his car door on to mine in the car park and then proceed to give me a hard time when he had parked there after I had.

I had a Turkish guy in a restaurant take offence to me for some reason and start ranting at me in Turkish, I had an Indian guy give me a hard time as I was trying to get out of a very congested car park and finally had another Polish guy in the hotel try to speak Polish to me because he thought I might understand it.

I think I was there for 2 days before I spoke to a native Brit.

JJ

your post reply sums it up for me, as l have had similar stuff happen, well done. It's those of us that are in or have been in the thick of it that understand what's happened to England.

Same here i was threatened with violence on 2 seperate occaions in a week by Pakistanis in Rotherham in 2009 in the space of 10 days, as i was merely walking down the street it was clearly due to my hideously white skin colour. If i had beat them up id have been the one up in court on a racial violence charge.

How do you know they were Pakistanis? Did they tell you where they were from before they threatened to beat you up?

OK; are you saying the UK authorities are even slower than in Thailand if they can't provide real statistics since 2001....? :D

LaoPo

You're probably correct but for me hard to comprehend that a civilized country (island in fact where it's so hard to get to;look at the situation near Calais/France) like the UK cannot combine the statistics by the cities and villages/towns and add up.

Of course, it won't be precise but a good figure to live by.

In my own country they know exactly how the ethnic population situation is, year-on-year; I wonder why the UK is so different that they can only do so one every 10 years :)

I'm flabbergasted.

LaoPo

Why? Ingrained (and very scary) political correctness.

Yeah, great point. :)

I STRONGLY suggest you lentil-knitters go live in immigrant ghettos before commenting. Your 'one world' drivel will only end in civil war. Let's see the how many Brits end up in thailand then, eh?

The town that I live in was one of the first in the UK to have immigrants arrive here and has quite a high proportion of families who are descended from the original immigrants now. Of course they are no longer immigrants as they were born here and hold British citizenship just like me. We also have our fair share of new immigrants too. My job takes me into businesses run by Sikhs/Muslims/Hindus every day. None of them has ever threatened to beat me up. On the contrary they have, without exception, been pleasant and decent people.

Now - to my question - how did whichschool know they were Pakistanis?

:D I don't know what I've done wrong to you but LittlePiggy doesn't want to be friends with LaoPo :)

LaoPo

Thing is not many Brits here have Thai citizenship, they are merely just visiting for a long time, but there is a huge differene between Brits moving here and marrying a Thai and intergrating into the community (to varying extents) then the ghetto areas in the UK that are full of alien cultures where theyve made it unsafe for a indigenous person to walk through purely because of their skin colour.

I think his post says it all.

My work takes me to many of these so-called ghetto areas in London and other large cities, mostly at night, often alone, and I have never felt unsafe.

However, on one occasion recently I was abused and threatened by a drunken Scotsman. So, following the logic expressed by posts such as the above, all Scots must be drunks looking for a fight and those in England should be returned to Scotland forthwith! :)

BTW, nice back-peddling, dumball!

I dont believe someone who has from Surrey on their avatar goes to inner city areas full of Somalians or Nigerians or Northern/Midland towns where Pakistanis have taken over is not intimidated late at night, maybe youre getting these places mixed up with Esher and Fleet.

British immigration to Thailand where people marry the natives and immigrants coming to the UK from Pakistan and other 3rd world countries where they dont mix are not related ... why cant you apologist middle class fools comprehend this most basic of facts?

Immigration has provided many benefits to the uk. However, we made catastrophic policy mistakes in assessing who we let in. Black immigrants integrated quickly, so much so black culture is dominant in many areas of our every day life. The largely educated middleclass Indians (of whatever faith) are industrious and cool, contributing to our Britishness in a bizarrely 'British' way. However, mass immigration from poor, tribal areas of Pakistan and Bangladesh has led to muslim ghettos within many northern towns and cities. In itself, this would not be such an issue - afterall, the vast majority are here to improve the lives of themselves and families - except that they TOTALLY reject our values and way of life, and will not integrate in any way, shape or form. You can argue about the rights and wrongs of this all day long but it is a fact, and deeply worrying.

Shying away from this will only make it worse in the long run.

I STRONGLY suggest you lentil-knitters go live in immigrant ghettos before commenting. Your 'one world' drivel will only end in civil war. Let's see the how many Brits end up in thailand then, eh?

The town that I live in was one of the first in the UK to have immigrants arrive here and has quite a high proportion of families who are descended from the original immigrants now. Of course they are no longer immigrants as they were born here and hold British citizenship just like me. We also have our fair share of new immigrants too. My job takes me into businesses run by Sikhs/Muslims/Hindus every day. None of them has ever threatened to beat me up. On the contrary they have, without exception, been pleasant and decent people.

Do you think he cared?

:D I don't know what I've done wrong to you but LittlePiggy doesn't want to be friends with LaoPo :)

LaoPo

What makes you say that? You asked a question, I answered it. You were slightly disingenuous with some flight stats, I corrected you. All perfectly friendly.

:D

Do you think he cared?

How about letting him answer the question the next time he logs in?

^^^

You will find Aussies are here working on a 1 year visa with no benefites available other then emergency healthcare, it was 2 yrs but 1 year was cut off as weve now cheap labour from East Europe, pity as this has been going on forever.

Many though have a British passport due to parents or Grandparents ..... im not aware of any areas in London where Aussies are mass drug deal, bringing in gun and knife crime etc etc....

but hey your attempt wasnt even a good one.

PS The pound is weaker then its ever been to the AUD so i doubt many are sending money back.

Edited by whichschool

I can never understand the attitude of those who are immigrants in one country complaining about immigration to their home country. If you have the right to emigrate, why do you want to stop others from doing so? If you hate immigrants so much, why are you one?

Incidentally, the 2001 UK census figures show that 92.1% of the UK population are white (source). It will be interesting to see how much, if any, this has changed when the 2011 results are published.

You're comparing apples with oranges. There is a distinct difference between "immigrants" in the UK and Thailand.

In the UK, "immigrants" are generally net exporters of their "earned" wealth back to their "home" countries. If you're an EU (maybe even an EEA) citizen you can arrive with the clothes on your back, work, claim benefits or healthcare.

Try that in Thailand :)

And to get back on topic...There are a lot of Brits because it's better weather, cheaper, more easy-going, less rules, and there are plenty of "long-haired" dictionaries to help improve our well-known language skills :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

LaoPo

What makes you say that? You asked a question, I answered it. You were slightly disingenuous with some flight stats, I corrected you. All perfectly friendly.

LaoPo