Ais 3g In Chiangmai

SM7WGP

Hi there Guys

Is there more people out there using AIS 3G experience low speed at the moment.

I tried Download speed only 390 Kb against usual 1,9 - 2,0Mbits

Called AIS as USUAL they no have ploblem must be on my side , Its so frustrating that they never can accept the chance they have a problem.

1 month was beautiful but sins then going down the hill

Doi Saket

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun GotLost,

Thanks for posting the result of your speed test !

May we inquire how much it is costing you per minute, or per hour, of internet usage using your AIS 3g mobile (we assume that is what you are using) ? Monthly mininum fees ?

thanks, ~o:37;

I'm on their original plane of 30GB for 1500baht per month. When I travel out of the area it reverts to their edge package. I'm on the air card so I top up by using AIS scratch and sniff cards. Ive had very few problems with it and when I have contacted AIS on their help number (1175) they have excellent English techs and have been quit helpful and courteous.

I'm on their original plane of 30GB for 1500baht per month. When I travel out of the area it reverts to their edge package. I'm on the air card so I top up by using AIS scratch and sniff cards. Ive had very few problems with it and when I have contacted AIS on their help number (1175) they have excellent English techs and have been quit helpful and courteous.

Gotlost has got a bargain with his package, I pay 1,100baht per month for 2GB.

Haven't had any real problems with it either, I'm also out in Doi Saket, but I only use it for streaming radio and email, posting on TV and such like.

Thanks guys. I thought it was only me getting such miserable reception. ~20 Kps is all I ever got. Thought it was beacause of my location near Sanpathong (about 2 km west of Hospital). I switched from the black normal insert to the more expensive white one. Still no change. It eats up your hours because what you should be getting in a matter of seconds is taking upwards of 30-40 mins.

It's a scam!!

No further refill 'til these AIS folks get their act together. :)

There is only one Tower in Chiangmai so thats why I was asking still have a bad connect maximum 400Kbits

Have checked all here on this side no problem if not 3g router is defect.

I pay for the 3G router package 30 Gb download 799 bath a month it was on promotion when I bought it.

There is only one Tower in Chiangmai so thats why I was asking still have a bad connect maximum 400Kbits

Have checked all here on this side no problem if not 3g router is defect.

I pay for the 3G router package 30 Gb download 799 bath a month it was on promotion when I bought it.

Take it back tomorrow if you are still having problems they'll exchange.

At last they understand something is wrong after they say settings all day they accepted it must be a network problem.

So now I have to take the router and my laptop in to the AIS office tomorrow :)

Lets us know how it turns out. Regards.

We had more problems with AIS 3G internet last weekend than we have this weekend. Still it's not what it was when we came on board 6 weeks ago. Last Monday Hubby went down to the AIS office to report last weekend's problem and the gal seemed interested and recorded the address where he was having problems. Could it be a server problem? I'm not the techno-geek in the family, but I found it interesting that she wanted to know the geographic location where we had problems.

I can't image calling them on the phone, with our limited Thai. Much better to go to the office in person. At least Hubby gets to look at some eye candy while he recites his tale of woe.

Mine's been working fine; sorry to hear this (about your problem).

I tried to dig up the AIS 3G map for coverage in CM (no success)- as far as I know there are multiple nodes/towers/access points shown on this map.

Maybe there is a problem with the switching/connect at your closest tower.

Mine is by CMU on Huay Kaew Road, and has been working fine the last day or so since you made your original post.

Hope this helps.

I did go to the AIS office today and after showing them the low speed they said it was nothing wrong in my profile ore hardware.

Ok I said try another router but no have , said try anoter Sim card then and eureka it did work so now telefon to BKK and got permisson to change my Sim card and now its working again. :)

I did go to the AIS office today and after showing them the low speed they said it was nothing wrong in my profile ore hardware.

Ok I said try another router but no have , said try anoter Sim card then and eureka it did work so now telefon to BKK and got permisson to change my Sim card and now its working again. :)

CongratulationS :D

• 3 weeks later...

Gotlost has got a bargain with his package, I pay 1,100baht per month for 2GB.

Haven't had any real problems with it either, I'm also out in Doi Saket, but I only use it for streaming radio and email, posting on TV and such like.

Went down to reload my 15gig /900bht plan and at first they said i may not get that plan, again, then said oh , i see ,you can have it again but you have to come in person on the 23rd each month? Dont know why the glitch, i got the plan right before they tripled their prices. always some little hassle when i refill, dont think i can buy the card,, they say i need to come in on the 23rd to keep my package. Other than that, it has worked pretty good.

• 1 month later...
Mine's been working fine; sorry to hear this (about your problem).

I tried to dig up the AIS 3G map for coverage in CM (no success)- as far as I know there are multiple nodes/towers/access points shown on this map.

Maybe there is a problem with the switching/connect at your closest tower.

Mine is by CMU on Huay Kaew Road, and has been working fine the last day or so since you made your original post.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/EN/Coverage1.html for Chiang Mai Coverage

I'm outside the 3'd ring road on the way to Maejo and have had no slowdowns and very fast service for three weeks straight - for what that's worth so far.

In fact, so fast (I've streamed no films) that I've almost used up my 5 Gig through extravagant use - even for me.

Incidentally, my on-line level used/remaining function does not work - have to switch sim card into my cellular phone.

we also have AIS 3g out in world club land towards hang dong, but is fairly reliable for a thai connection (worse than any in the states though). It serves as a good backup connection. 3bb has a 5200/month package that lists the speeds as international, rather tan just on thai servers. Since I don't browse thai webpages, thats all the matters for me. I recommend it if you need a better connection