Dependent Visa For American Husband Of American Wife Who Works In Thailand

My American wife works at an NGO in Mae Sot and has a Non-B. Her American husband (me) is under 50, doesn't work, but wants to stay with her in Thailand.

I think I can apply for a dependent visa, Non-O. Is this correct?

I have copies of all of her paperwork, a letter from her employer about me, and our wedding documents in Thai & English.

Where would be the best place to apply for the visa; Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, or Hong Kong? Someone suggested I just get a tourist visa in one of these places and switch it to a non-o in Bangkok... Is this possible???

One last question, does my wife have to be there???

Thanks as always for all of your wisdom, you've kept me in country, happily, for 3 years now.

You could probably obtain an 'O' visa and then an extension based upon Police Order 777/2551 Section 2.20 In the case of a family member of an alien who has been permitted temporary stay under clauses (list of Sections). The bugaboo is that you do not mention your wife's Work Permit status.

For you to obtain dependant's extension of stay under section 2.20, your wife's own permission to stay would have to be based on extension of stay issued by Thai immigration (which you would piggy back), rather than Non-B visa entry (requiring border runs every 90 days). What is the basis of her permission to stay?

For you to obtain dependant's extension of stay under section 2.20, your wife's own permission to stay would have to be based on extension of stay issued by Thai immigration (which you would piggy back), rather than Non-B visa entry (requiring border runs every 90 days). What is the basis of her permission to stay?

Her permission to stay is based on an extension issued by Thai immigration.

My main question is where would be the best place to apply for this non-o?

I'll be in Cambodia, Vietnam, and possibly Hong Kong this month. Are any of these places suitable options? And should I apply for the non-o or just a TR and switch it to a non-o in Bangkok? which is easier or more likely to be successful?