Gamepad Failure

meadish_sweetball

2 months ago I bought a Logitech gamepad - this particular model is called "Dual Action". It looks similar to game console pads. I installed all the drivers and everything worked fine until this morning.

What happens since this morning is that it seems like the signal from the gamepad to the computer is lost after a short period of usage (approx 30 seconds). Before this, the gamepad works normally. I have tried to use the calibration tools that came on the CD with the device, and the same thing happens with the calibration tool - at first, all buttons and levers respond as they should, and then suddenly the calibration tool tells me the signal is gone.

I have tried to disconnect the gamepad, uninstall all related files and drivers restart the computer and then reinstall the same files and reattach the gamepad, but the exact same thing still happens.

The building where I live had a short period of power outage last night, and I am starting to suspect this may have damaged the gamepad although the rest of my equipment works fine - screen, computer and external hard drive all appear ok so far.

I have also run deep-scan checks through the whole system with Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy, but came up with nothing.

Any input from people in the know would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Meadish

2 months ago I bought a Logitech gamepad - this particular model is called "Dual Action". It looks similar to game console pads. I installed all the drivers and everything worked fine until this morning.

What happens since this morning is that it seems like the signal from the gamepad to the computer is lost after a short period of usage (approx 30 seconds). Before this, the gamepad works normally. I have tried to use the calibration tools that came on the CD with the device, and the same thing happens with the calibration tool - at first, all buttons and levers respond as they should, and then suddenly the calibration tool tells me the signal is gone.

I have tried to disconnect the gamepad, uninstall all related files and drivers restart the computer and then reinstall the same files and reattach the gamepad, but the exact same thing still happens.

The building where I live had a short period of power outage last night, and I am starting to suspect this may have damaged the gamepad although the rest of my equipment works fine - screen, computer and external hard drive all appear ok so far.

I have also run deep-scan checks through the whole system with Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy, but came up with nothing.

Any input from people in the know would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Meadish

The dual action gamepad is a wired gamepad, it doesn't use batteries.  It looks a lot like a PS2 gamepad.

Things to try:

change the USB port

try another gamepad

try on another computer

Or if you got the reciept then take it back and get them to change it. I bought a game pad a year so ago. It stopped working after one week. So i took it back. They said we have had problems with these before. We have to send it to get fixed. So i said. I tell you what i'll pay a bit more and get a new one. They agreed to this. Paid a couple of hundred baht more and got a better one. Had no problems with it.