Another One Bites The Dust.

Ulysses G.

Only assuming Piggy`s is closing by what Ulysses G. is saying.

So is it closing or not?

Its for sale as a going concern (i actually enquired when first became aware a few days ago). 6000 a month, 280 000 sale price, 4 years left on lease.

Trouble is it is small, parking non existent, on main road, to far from Tapae Gate area, fumes galore on one of the very limited tables, no back room/staff accomodation.....but yes the food is great, and is nicely done out, and good staff.

Great business but for me location could have been a lot better

Edited by mamborobert

So is it closing or not?

Its for sale as a going concern (i actually enquired when first became aware a few days ago). 6000 a month, 280 000 sale price, 4 years left on lease.

Trouble is it is small, parking non existent, on main road, to far from Tapae Gate area, fumes galore on one of the very limited tables, no back room/staff accomodation.....but yes the food is great, and is nicely done out, and good staff.

Why pay 280,000 baht for goodwill (no such animal)and minimal equipment. invest that money into a new and better location and call it Piggy's 2 ...works in Vietnam. Banana Split was a very good backpackers cafe in Na Trang until Banana Split 2 and 3 opened within 50 m forcing Bana Split 1 to close due to competition

So is it closing or not?

Why pay 280,000 baht for goodwill (no such animal)and minimal equipment. invest that money into a new and better location and call it Piggy's 2 ...works in Vietnam. Banana Split was a very good backpackers cafe in Na Trang until Banana Split 2 and 3 opened within 50 m forcing Bana Split 1 to close due to competition

While that just wouldn't be cricket old chap, you do have a point, why pay 280,000 baht goodwill for a restaurant that hasn't been open for even a year.

The location is pretty poor though that area is picking up, then again I wouldn't say Charlie's is a great location either.

When I have a question or hear a rumor about something of interest to me, I normally go where I can get a straight forward answer to my inquiry. In this case, if I had an interest, I may just go there for a lunch/dinner and ask the owner.

When I have a question or hear a rumor about something of interest to me, I normally go where I can get a straight forward answer to my inquiry.

Oh so true slappy. Also what a crappy header for a thread. "another one bites the dust"

A great way to screw with someone's business, even is they do have it on the market :) Shame on you GP

I was just expressing my disappointment that another good restaurant is for sale - we just got the news about Bullisimo - and pointing out that the economy still isn't that good, but I apologize if my post hurt someone somehow.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I was just expressing my disappointment that another good restaurant is for sale - we just got the news about Bullisimo - and pointing out that the economy still isn't that good, but I apologize if my post hurt someone somehow.

So why the header "Another one bites the dust" and your claim that the business is on "the chopping block"?

I think you should apologise to the owner of the business.

How would you feel if someone posted such comments about your business, whether for sale or not?

I have no connection with the venue in question and no interest in any "Fish & Chip battle" but I have sympathy with anyone who is trying to run, or sell, a business in these difficult times.

Rumours are best kept at home.

Edited by piercefilmlid