New Honda Pcxi 125cc I,

nickthebrit

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday Honda send me by post a coupon for a free check up for my PCX at any Honda dealer.

Mmmm...

Actually it is not a check up. Last week Honda released a service bulletin. They have re-torqued the drive belt. 10 minute process.

I'm glad thats all they did on your bike. BUT the pictures on mocyc.com tell a different story. But hey if its fixed good.And if Honda are sending letters out asking you to take you bike in then its a RECALL.

Just letting you guys know, You do with the info what you wish.

..... i also dont have a license plate on the thing, how long does that normally take before you get it?? I stay in bkk and i think i maybe dont even use the scooter because it tried it and you can not go quick between the traffic (its to big). i would go much faster on a small 50cc motorcycle. But i have it now, so i should try to use it a bit. and now i also feel how hot it is standing in a traffic jam.

*** They should have put a red plate on it before you drove out of the shop. The new plate is exchanged for a white plate after about 3 weeks. You need to go back to the shop you bought the bike and get it sorted out, and quickly.

*** Wrong, not for a scooter. wait up to 3 months for the plate. just keep you bill etc in the bike storage. OP, try twisting the throttle a bit more, it will surprise you. :)

*** I have a Click and a Phantom, (bought in Pattaya), BOTH came from the shop with a red plate, which were exchanged for white platea about 3 weeks later. The Click was bought in Nov 2008, perhaps the rules have changed since I bought mine.

*** Good point, l am in the northeast and nothing seems to be the norm here so perhaps the police aren't bothered but none of our 3 new bikes had red plates and l have never seen a bike with a red plate up here.

Sorry, the g/f tells me that "red plates" are unique to Pattaya (perhaps Chonburi province) and have never been used in Bangkok. So, in the famous words of Roseanne Roseannadanna (of SNL fame), "never mind".

Your g/f is mistaken. Red plates are used all over Thailand, not just in Pattaya. They should be on every new car/bike until it's registered and it's then that the red plates are exchanged for, usually, white ones. But sometimes, for reasons I don't know, they are sold without red plates and can be driven without any until the registration is completed.

Your g/f is mistaken. Red plates are used all over Thailand, not just in Pattaya. They should be on every new car/bike until it's registered and it's then that the red plates are exchanged for, usually, white ones. But sometimes, for reasons I don't know, they are sold without red plates and can be driven without any until the registration is completed.
"Your mileage will vary." I think I saw my first red motorcycle plate in Chiang Mai a year ago. Seen one or two since. We don't use them..

In BKK redpaltes are not in use at all for bikes.

Different province different ways, some use them, some dont, cars and bikes.

here in Phuket every new vehicle must have redplate, but if its purchased in BKK or another province, no plate is accepted.

Never had a problem driving bikes or cars without plate, as long as its less than a year old and invoice and insurance is present.

Every new car/bike should have red plates but, like I said already, not all dealers supply them and it can even vary from customer to customer. When I bought a pick-up I was issued with red plates but my neighbour, who bought one about 3 weeks later from the same dealer, wasn't. My first motrobike here, Honda Airblade, didn't come with red plates but my second, Yamaha Nouvo, did. This was all in the same province. More info in the link below.

http://driving.information.in.th/license-plates.html

def. no red plates here in Chiang Mai, got the PCX Wednesday, no plates. Just told to stay off the road during the night. With a helmet on, the police won't trouble you much unless you're doing something stupid.