2010 Truevisions Expansion Plans Thread

Twin

Have anyone else lost A-La-Carte HBO and Discovery Package?? Mine is gone.

According to a letter from True subscribers in Multi-Dwelling Units with combined TV reception would loose these channels but I have my own unit.

I called True and they switched my ALC on again and all is back working now :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking yesterday what a waste of time this thread was as far as UBC ever getting their act together. After this morning fiasco now i am convinced. What a joke talk about moving channels a bit. they have more future channels and why not put them from 10 to 18 and then throw something anyone hardly watches.

Enough said next time PSI as Ubon cable doesn't reach my house.

Followed the instructions on their web site and almost got everything as per their new channel set up.

No sports at all. Everything from 101 upwards is 'waiting for satellite'. Tried calling True & got through twice & each time hung up after 30+ minutes waiting for the unavailable tech.

My reception is via a condo cable to a roof dish location BKK On Nut

I was in Kuala Lumpur last weekend and saw that ASTRO in Malaysia is going HD now with 4 channels, claiming they are the first in Asia to do so.

Vietnam last week said they would launch 30 HD channels early this year on Asiasat 5 satellite.

It would be great if Thailand could at least keep pace with its neighbours and not repeat what is happening in the 3G arena with mobile phones!

As for possible new programmes, how about BBC Knowledge (available already in Indonesia) and BBC Lifestyle, as well as the return of BBC Entertainment...

By the way, during the changes made last night, True did not even properly reassign programme names to some channels. That is why some programmes appear to have disappeared. For example, BBC World is now called CNBC while CNBC is called the Phoenix Channel and Bloomberg is called CCTV :)

It is much better not to use True's satellite receivers. I have a Dreambox and have used a very handy free utility to change the programme names and the order of programmes from my laptop. Much better and quicker than using the remote control....

Graham

Edited by grahambkk

It is much better not to use True's satellite receivers. I have a Dreambox and have used a very handy free utility to change the programme names and the order of programmes from my laptop. Much better and quicker than using the remote control....

Graham

Whats the name of this utility? I'd like to use this also. I have a Dreambox and followed the instructions to re-program, got 90 channels, but either lots of things are missing, or they have the wrong name... Hallmark is missing (the wife, not me!!), Disney / english also missing.

Anyway, if True really screwed up as royally as it appears, chances are there's another channel change forthcoming in the near future.

I was in Kuala Lumpur last weekend and saw that ASTRO in Malaysia is going HD now with 4 channels, claiming they are the first in Asia to do so.

Vietnam last week said they would launch 30 HD channels early this year on Asiasat 5 satellite.

It would be great if Thailand could at least keep pace with its neighbours and not repeat what is happening in the 3G arena with mobile phones!

As for possible new programmes, how about BBC Knowledge (available already in Indonesia) and BBC Lifestyle, as well as the return of BBC Entertainment...

By the way, during the changes made last night, True did not even properly reassign programme names to some channels. That is why some programmes appear to have disappeared. For example, BBC World is now called CNBC while CNBC is called the Phoenix Channel and Bloomberg is called CCTV :)

Graham

I don't think that is entirely true. I'm almost certainly S. Korea has had HD programs for a while now, as I've seen some Korea shows on dvd here have the HD logo. Like SBSHD

Have they moved things around again?

Yesterday I went through all of the channels against the list posted on their website and everything checked out fine.

Today I selected BBC on Channel 92 but got the Phoenix channel. Further checks revealed that

BBC is on 93 not 92

CNBC is on 95 not 93

Bloomberg is on 96 not 94

Phoenix is on 92 not 95

CCTV-4 is on 94 not 96

This is not just the TV info that is showing the wrong title.

As I said, it all worked yesterday. Is it just me?

Edited by delboy

No, it's not just you delboy. Although I've not bothered with the other channels, I switched on and went straight to 92 to watch the BBC news and got that stupid Phoenix channel whatever it supposed to be!

I couldn't understand why they'd split the news channels, BBC & CNN with what looked like a stupid Thai music channel.

Thai logic at it's best!! :):D

I did the resort last night, and it is at least livable now.

I would be happy if they would just stop recycling the same shows that they have been broadcasting for the years I have been here. How many times do they expect someone to watch the same repeats? Show us something new. I can bet that when I go through the channel line up, at least 75% of the selections I have already seen, and the other 25% I don't want to see!

Edited by silverhawk_usa

Following their successful broadcast of HD Channels Discovery, HD Nat GEO HD, ESPN HD, and HBO at IMPACT last year, see the response I got from True when inquiring about HD channels last month...

Dear Khun ----:

We will make a big public announcement once it becomes available.

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

They didn't exactly confirm anything but it does sound promising

Man, this is depressing! I am on Sophon Cable now, and it sucks. Pictures are pretty bad. But at least there are some good movies for free! I was hoping to have some good satellite when I move into my house in a few months....this does not look like it will happen.

In the US, to get HD, you have to pay $10 or so a month more. Plus, upgrade to a HD DVR receiver, normally $200. But, sometimes it is free if you agree to extend your subscription for a year or so, sometimes it is $100. And it is $200 to add an additional one in another room. My Mom pays about $80 a month for a decent lineup, no premium channels or sports packages. She has 4 receivers and 6 lines in. And the pictures in HD are fricking AWESOME! Unreal...I can only dream about it now...and download content until they come up to snuff....

UBC seems to cater for Thais only. I understand this but with all the spare channels could they not split their feed so that I, and others, could watch sports programmes with an English commentary? It was bad enough watching the 3 Stooges making with the soccer half time summary and opinion - they look as if a game of darts would exhaust them - but talk over commentary in Thai is way out of order for me. I plan to give UBC their box back as soon as I can find a replacement service to suit my tastes.

Any bright ideas on how I can satisfy my craving for a professional presentation? I shudder to think of watching the Open (from St. Andrews this year) ruined by some jabbering know bugger all.

have you tried pressing the "audio" button on the remote and selecting English ? all sports channels have a choice of thai/english, as do most other channels, (discovery, NGC, cartoons, movies...) **all** the football has sky commentators.

UBC seems to cater for Thais only. I understand this but with all the spare channels could they not split their feed so that I, and others, could watch sports programmes with an English commentary? It was bad enough watching the 3 Stooges making with the soccer half time summary and opinion - they look as if a game of darts would exhaust them - but talk over commentary in Thai is way out of order for me. I plan to give UBC their box back as soon as I can find a replacement service to suit my tastes.

Any bright ideas on how I can satisfy my craving for a professional presentation? I shudder to think of watching the Open (from St. Andrews this year) ruined by some jabbering know bugger all.

Fix the channels more grouped together. Fix CNN BBC CNBC BMBG as printed. Send info in english. Many farang will translate for free service.

Add universal...fox crime... Etc.

Bring back BBC.

Be True.... Dont BS farang... We know your lies and games.

Have they moved things around again?

Yesterday I went through all of the channels against the list posted on their website and everything checked out fine.

Today I selected BBC on Channel 92 but got the Phoenix channel. Further checks revealed that

BBC is on 93 not 92

CNBC is on 95 not 93

Bloomberg is on 96 not 94

Phoenix is on 92 not 95

CCTV-4 is on 94 not 96

This is not just the TV info that is showing the wrong title.

As I said, it all worked yesterday. Is it just me?

Trust me... Its not just you. They have no clue. Try calling and explaining. They acted like I did something wrong.

I would be happy if they would just stop recycling the same shows that they have been broadcasting for the years I have been here.

This is often outside the control of True.

UKTV and to a lesser extent BBC Entertainment are guilty of this offence,

often broadcasting the same shows in the same time slots.............

Do they think their viewers are idiots. :)

I found this, might be interesting on the relocation...

http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/downloa...el_en0110_1.pdf

"Dear Subscribers, to increase our potentiality of service and fulfill our subscribers with more

entertainment, TrueVisions had new signal transmission equipment installed in order to support new

coming up channels. On this occasion, TrueVisions plan to relocate the program channels by

focusing on news and learning programs. As a consequence, TrueVisions will relocate all channels

and set the news channels (both local and global news) , documentary channels and children

channels as the first priority in the program listing following by Free TV channels and TNN News.

Consequently, on January 12, 2010 between 01.30 am- 08.00 am (from the night of January

11 to the early morning of January 12), TrueVisions will send the signal to relocate the channels,

Then please prepare your receiver unit or set-top box as follows;"

Edited by gerazsolt

I'm not informed enough to understand the higher thinking behind putting a Chinese channel between BBC and CNN and another one between CNBC and Bloomberg. A simple mind like mine would have thought you put all the Thai channels together, all the English channels together and so on.

Could anyone explain?

I take on this is so that in the future they do not have to relocate the channels again once they have more channels. So basically, if there happen to be more of the Discovery type of channels, let's say Discovery HD, they don't have to relocate all the channels to squeeze the channel in but instead add it right next to the 01X channel. It's just future proofing.

Why didn't they do this from the start? Well, they didn't have enough channels to do it from the start. Otherwise, there will be gaps everywhere right? Now it seems to be the right time to do so.

So channel relocation = no complaint from me.

But HD availability? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED IT SO BADLY!

Well, in theory of course a channel relocation is not a problem in itself.

However IT IS a problem when I come back after a business trip today and find that no channel about 95 can be watched, as I always get the message "Searching for Signal".... :)

After calling the great customer service at Truevision I was told that "there is a problem" at my Condo and that a service technician will drop by sometime this month!! Thank you very much Truevision!! :D Never mind that the Australian Open will start tomorrow and that I most likely will not be able to watch a single match because they moved the Sport Channels.

Anyway, we all know TIT, so what to do?! :D

have you tried pressing the "audio" button on the remote and selecting English ? all sports channels have a choice of thai/english, as do most other channels, (discovery, NGC, cartoons, movies...) **all** the football has sky commentators.

Friends and associates are having the same problem. All our receivers are set to English. I have problems understand Steve McMahon at the best of times.

Just called the customer support line and we went through a series of button pressing with no result. The operator suggested that we turn off the TV for 1 hour and then turn it back on again. Cant see that doing much good myself, but doing as suggested. Will report in an hour.

Cheers, Rick

A few comments on the Channel Remap.

1) I agree there does not seem to be much logic in the assignment of channel locations. For example, it's beyond me why the HBO al a carte channels could not have been slotted into 48, 49, and 50.

2) On my PVR receiver, channel 112 is listed as "Future Channel ( HD )

3) I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about the reserved channels from 110 to 120.

11 channels are reserved for future use. One is HD. Is it possible the EPL will be a completely seperate PPV package next season?

Here are the latest news releases, published 2 days after the remap.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/news_detail.aspx?news_id=104

http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/downloa..._channel_en.pdf