Deleted Posts

guran

Could be good to inform originators of deleted posts as to why they are deleted.

Would prevent hte same posts from being sent again !

Reading this forum I now understand why posts about pxxxphiles are removed ,but at first I could not understand the logic at all & am still sceptical that news about arrests would have any negative effect.

The problem is, any posts - even true news stories - involving paedophiles nearly always attract offensive posts from some of our less well endowed - mentally - members. So we would have to watch such threads every minute of the day. It is much easier just to forbid them.

The article from the Phuket Gazette - if that is what you are referring to - was indeed offensive to me, and I have written a letter of complaint to them. They just don't seem to know what is acceptable material and what isn't. Which is a great pity for them, and for me because I personally know the deputy editor and will give him an ear-bashing the next time I see him down the pub.

But if a post gets deleted, the poster is often warned, although most members know that if it is deleted it is because they have broken one of the forum rules. I try to remember to PM the member if I delete his post, but sometimes don't because it is so obvious why the post is unsuitable.

Did someone else post that story?!...the one with the headline!

You know, if its in a published newspaper, holding TV members responsible is rough justice - . I copped a ban for that.

I'm not fussing though, because if I do i'll get a longer ban i'm told.

Could be good to inform originators of deleted posts as to why they are deleted.

Would prevent hte same posts from being sent again !

Reading this forum I now understand why posts about pxxxphiles are removed ,but at first I could not understand the logic at all & am still sceptical that news about arrests would have any negative effect.

The initial post got deleted due to copyright violations with News providers and was deleted by me. :o

The story with "our" Paid and copyrighted News cast continues here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32792