Point Of No Return

joinme2leave

hasip-hasip (well, almost hasip-hasip) solution I am practising now for years (5 months asia, mostly thailand + 7 months europe) BUT my question was: point of no return...THAT particular moment when you tell (told) yourself: goodbye to my old, welcome to my new life. New by so many things and (mostly) financial considerations. How easy (or difficult) must it be to say farewell to all of your friends (most of them won't come to visit you and if they do it won't be more than just a short visit)? How easy (or difficult) must it be regarding (already mentioned) kids educational possibilities, change of social security, life standard, pollution level (just talking about Bkk), job opportunities (in case you are not retired yet) and so many more? As said in my first post: ... maybe I AM the perfect chicken as I STILL do not have the courage to move. Or what? Or how?  :o

Next time you come back, and you will, :D Try living outside BKK.

I know I will, BKK isn't LoS.

How long did it take you to say: ok, this is it ... I'm leaving (europe, america or whatever)

LONG...too long.

Like most of us it takes some time to make up that particular decision.

Thailand has that special 'virus' which is unexplainable.

Came for the first time about 30 years ago as a tourist and later business. Phuket (Patong) was still a virgin island and coming back year after year I saw it spoiled...so tried other places and islands.

But every time after landing in BKK, there is that special feeling, smell, you're tired, jetlag...but still...the feeling is there!

I saw and worked in most of the Far East countries and there are some stunning sites and places, but no one is like the Thai atmosphere; sometimes you hate it, but the love for the country always win.

And than...I met the-love-of-my-life (NO, sorry, not Thai, but Chinese) and she loves it as much as I do....so, we decided to move.

Still a lot of things to arrange which will take 6-12 months, but will come to TH in the meantime for shorter or longer periods.

You know, Spain (and Ibiza in particular) was 'my' island for a very long time, but no more, even if my family comes and goes there (even live there). The cost of living (not to speak about buying a house) there is very, very expensive.

Was there some weeks ago and had a nice lunch on the beach with 4 people.....160.- Euro (more than US$ 200.-); last night had a nice dinner in my homecountry: Bill: 165.- Euro.

It's no fun anymore and the working stress in Europe is immense...!

Yes, it will be Thailand for us.

Wish all of you the best and good luck.

LaoPo