1 for 37 baht

3 for 128 baht

You go figure it out?

Simple calculation round off error. just off by a margin of 10 % :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there IS any Thai bashing going on here.

I for one just see it as plain FUNNY and smile or laugh about it :D

After all we CHOOSE to live here and if we did'nt like it we could ship out, fact is the majority of us who live here through choice accept it as we do most other things and there ar a lot worse things we have to accept than Thai Logic :o

Foot Massages in Chaing Mai Night Market are priced at:

59 Baht  1/2 hour

120Baht 1 hour

Where I come from it has always been the more you buy the more you save

Not here :o

This is common.

Tesco Lotus, who should know better:

Allowrie Butter 227 gm 36 baht

Allowrie Butter 454 gm 73 baht

Tooth brushes (I forget the brand)

1 for 37 baht

3 for 128 baht

You go figure it out?

Those who can afford more pay more. :D

edit: emoticom

Edited by aughie

After all we  CHOOSE to live here and if we did'nt like it we could ship out, fact is the majority of us who live here through choice accept it as we do most other things and there ar a lot worse things we have to accept than Thai Logic :o

I find TV to be an equal-opportunity bashing forum. It seems there are just as many farang-bashing threads, as Thai, such as "the stupid things farang say", "idiot acts of farang tourists," etc.

After all we  CHOOSE to live here and if we did'nt like it we could ship out, fact is the majority of us who live here through choice accept it as we do most other things and there ar a lot worse things we have to accept than Thai Logic :o

I find TV to be an equal-opportunity bashing forum. It seems there are just as many farang-bashing threads, as Thai, such as "the stupid things farang say", "idiot acts of farang tourists," etc.

This is absolutely not a severe case of "bashing" however when the term "thai logic" is used, i take exception. And i would equally discount any insinuating terms used to typify race, nationality, religion, and so forth. I'm an equal-opportunity non-basher. Perhaps a better leaving out the word "thai logic" would have made me smile more at the examples :D

There is a VERY long thread running at the moment on the stupid things that farang tourists do John- its way longer than this thread.

Dont get hot under the collar- chill, nobody here has insulted Thais, where on the other thread we are giving our fellow countymen a right pounding.

check it out.

regards

TP :D

I think the place is called the Asunan market, but its the same place as where the Irish Pub O'Mallys is. They must be a cartel because they all post the same prices.

I have been told that the whole of the market (owned by the company that owns Beer Chang) is being bulldozed soon to make way for an upmarket shopping mall. Don't know if anybody else knows any more?

I'm pretty sure the night bazaar that has that date with the bulldozer is the one in Bangkok, Suan Lum.

Across from, er, Suan Lum.

Shame, really, now that the subway is working so well.

:o

jb

Here's another one and its personal!

I joined the local gym three months ago but because I have not been well recently with back and hip problems I have not been able to go once since I joined.

Now if I were them I would not compalin at this, they have had my money and I have not been. I have not asked for it back, its just bad luck.

My Wife joined at the same time and she has been able to go, but last week as she was leaving they enquired as to why I ad not been yet?

My Wife explained the situation but the Manager said that it was their policy (and they have only been open 4 months- so its probably the first policy decision they have made) to CANCEL the memberships of anybody that does not attend during a three month period with, of course, NO REFUND :o

Why?

can't figure it - anyone else care for a stab at a guess?

So I am going for a Sauna tomorrow just to piss em off :D

I just love the hot-numbers provided by Bangkok's finest.

Like "elephants are not allowed on the city's streets, hot-number 1234

has been established and the public is urged to report any sighting for swift action".

I joined the local gym three months ago but because I have not been well recently with back and hip problems I have not been able to go once since I joined.

Now if I were them I would not compalin at this, they have had my money and  I have not been. I have not asked for it back, its just bad luck.

My Wife joined at the same time and she has been able to go, but last week as she was leaving they enquired as to why I ad not been yet?

My Wife explained the situation but the Manager said that it was their policy (and they have only been open 4 months- so its probably the first policy decision they have made) to CANCEL the memberships of anybody  that does not attend during a three month period with, of course, NO REFUND :o

Why?

if you paid your membership fees up front, then, there should be no reason why they should care whether or not you attend on a regular basis.

maybe they are trying to tell you something "indirectly".

like maybe they think your girlfriend is a "bg", and they don't want bg in their place. maybe one of the other gym members in the gym thinks your girlfriend is a bg and complained about it - threatens to quit the gym if she is not gone.

discrimination exists everywhere.

by the way, what is the name of the gym?

Now if I were them I would not compalin at this, they have had my money and  I have not been. I have not asked for it back, its just bad luck.

My Wife explained the situation but the Manager said that it was their policy (and they have only been open 4 months- so its probably the first policy decision they have made) to CANCEL the memberships of anybody  that does not attend during a three month period with, of course, NO REFUND :o

Why?

if you paid your membership fees up front, then, there should be no reason why they should care whether or not you attend on a regular basis.

maybe they are trying to tell you something "indirectly".

like maybe they think your girlfriend is a "bg", and they don't want bg in their place. maybe one of the other gym members in the gym thinks your girlfriend is a bg and complained about it - threatens to quit the gym if she is not gone.

discrimination exists everywhere.

by the way, what is the name of the gym?

The gym is called Leaders, Wellness and is above Tesco Lotus in the Hang Dong Road, Chaing Mai.

I don't know about your theory regarding my Wife, but hey , who knows?

I just love the hot-numbers provided by Bangkok's finest.

Like "elephants are not allowed on the city's streets, hot-number 1234

has been established and the public is urged to report any sighting for swift action".

Right.. I was eating some of Bangkok's finest "Gai" at that famous chicken place (not KFC) just down from the Indra Regent and guess who comes barging in for a snack?

Yep, full-grown Chan and his Mahoot looking for a hand-out.

I think they're cool... :o

The gym is called Leaders, Wellness and is above Tesco Lotus in the Hang Dong Road, Chaing Mai.

I don't know about your theory regarding my Wife, but hey , who knows?

Speaking about gyms, I went to Fitness first a few years back and they offered me membership for 8000 (only if I paid monthly by credit card). I said that I would pay for a year cash. The price 20000 b!

They are a British company, I think :o

I find the casual approach to the rule of law has its advantages, such as being able to run 139 kph along the rural highway without incident.

Has the olympic track selection committee heard about your turn of speed whilst out jogging?

If not it's about time they did.

I have a Thai logic question. I must have 800,000 baht in my Thai bank account to qualify for my retirement visa. HOWEVER, if I marry it drops to 400,000. Is this proof that two can live cheaper than one?

I have a Thai logic question. I must have 800,000 baht in my Thai bank account to qualify for my retirement visa. HOWEVER, if I marry it drops to 400,000. Is this proof that two can live cheaper than one?

Two can live cheaper than one!

Half all the expenses.

Makes sense to me.

I have reconsidered the 800,000 for a single person versus the 400,000 for someone married to a Thai and have decided there is actually some logic there. It IS cheaper for a married person. My, ummm , entertainment budget was by far the single most expensive item in my budget. Since I have become domesticated I find it reduced by at least 80 percent. And that's for the both of us.

Why?

Hi ThaiPauly,

Love the story and I hope you enjoyed your sauna!

I have been experiencing lower back pain, although my hips are still OK, and my physio recommended Pilates. I've only been going for two weeks and my back has stopped hurting completely. Even better, she advised me to go to the mat based Pilates using straps, balls and weights, i.e. the cheaper alternative as opposed to using the Pilates machines that look like something from an IKEA torture chamber catalogue. Several of the gyms in Bangkok offer Pilates, so maybe yours does?

Hope you feel better soon.

I think the place is called the Asunan market, but its the same place as where the Irish Pub O'Mallys is. They must be a cartel because they all post the same prices.

I have been told that the whole of the market (owned by the company that owns Beer Chang) is being bulldozed soon to make way for an upmarket shopping mall. Don't know if anybody else knows any more?

I'm pretty sure the night bazaar that has that date with the bulldozer is the one in Bangkok, Suan Lum.

Across from, er, Suan Lum.

Shame, really, now that the subway is working so well.

:o

jb

The land under Suan Lum Night Bazaar is owned by the Crown Property Bureau. It already is an upmarket new shopping centre, in the form of a night bazaar.

------------------------------------------------- Post edited

Edited by penzman

Here is something I can't figure out about city of Hat Yai in South of Thailand.

My basic knowledge of Thai translates "Hat Yai" into "Big Beach". However, the city is landlocked, and the nearest beach is about 20 KM away at Songkhla.

How did this city get its name? Thai logic? :o