Panel Beaters In Chiang Mai

Sparkles

Need some minor body work done on our car. Did talk to the shop near Big C ,Hang Dong but the guy didnt exactly fill me with confidence ,kept upping the price and needed the car for a week.Anyone had a good experience recently? Any help would be appreciated

It depends what you mean with small body work, There is a shop on Maejoo road you pas the traffic light on the second ring road going to Maejoo.

After the traffic light make the first U turn back to the traffic light about 50 70 meters before the traffic light turn left in on the small road.

Go about 200 m there you SE a big Body shop and auto repair 2 buildings on eater side of the road.

They are god and fast also make many insurance claims , I had a parking damage made by a Mercedes driver Who had slippery shoes and I left the car in the shop in the morning and picked it up 5 o clock in the evening painted an ready. and They have a spray box for painting.

It depends what you mean with small body work, There is a shop on Maejoo road you pas the traffic light on the second ring road going to Maejoo.

After the traffic light make the first U turn back to the traffic light about 50 70 meters before the traffic light turn left in on the small road.

Go about 200 m there you SE a big Body shop and auto repair 2 buildings on eater side of the road.

They are god and fast also make many insurance claims , I had a parking damage made by a Mercedes driver Who had slippery shoes and I left the car in the shop in the morning and picked it up 5 o clock in the evening painted an ready. and They have a spray box for painting.

For a Rolls-Royce quality job it would be hard to beat Chiang Mai-Lamphun Garage on the Old Lamphun Rd just on the city side of Sarapee. Look down through the railings on the right as you approach Sarapee and see all the classic cars being worked on.

Khun Seeton and his team are totally respected in the classic car world as well as the 'better' insurance repair world. His prices are on the high side but the quality is almost always 1st class. English on hand sometimes courtesy of his son who is there occasionally.

Cheaper, faster and very good value indeed is Bodyshop run by Khun Anusorn very close to Chiang Mai Gate. No English available. As you join the south side of the moat from Sidornchai Rd (Night Bazaar behind you), go along slowly towards CM Gate, but take the 2nd (very narrow) soi to the left. Bodyshop is the first of several repair shops on your left in about 50 meters.

Khun Anusorn, a former successful rally driver, also does motor sport prep and organises the monthly drag races at 700 Year Sports Stadium. About the only motor sport anyone can afford at present. And that's only if your clutch lasts!

Thanks for the feedback will check them out. With the crazy driving behaviour here you would think there would be shops all over the place but there appears to be very few. Businesss opportunity there for some enterprising foreigner maybe, and, if you could get the right staff

Thanks for the feedback will check them out. With the crazy driving behaviour here you would think there would be shops all over the place but there appears to be very few. Businesss opportunity there for some enterprising foreigner maybe, and, if you could get the right staff

So far the lesson I learned in the states apply here for me. But then I am lazy and have not investigated any of the shops mentioned so far or any others.

I use the dealer's service center. I want to know that my car is repaired with standard parts and material (paint, etc.,) and not with after market ones. I have had repairs made that I paid for and some that the insurance company paid for; I am confident that I got my car back as close to original condition as possible with parts and material that met the make and model specs.

Do I pay a little more when I pay? Don't know, but it is worth the confidence I get in the finished product. And when the insurance is paying, why take it to a non-affiliated shop?