Mono Laser Printers

PETERTHEEATER

My old HP G55 is dead due to lack of replacement cartridges but I can still use it as a scanner.

Carefully reviewing what I actually do as to 'wish-listing', I should like a LASER Mono desktop printer for home use. I have scouted locally and there is not much available, the Samsung range of printers appear to fit my bill.

I print almost exclusively in black and white as documents and appreciate the quality, long-life, and speed that a Laser printer gives over ink-jets, my trusty HP 5L also became obsolete.

So, the question is, can anyone recommend a printer available and supportable in Thailand; with USB 2 connection?

I take it you don't need copier/scanner since it's a mono?

If so then there are several nice cheap options, one is the Xerox Phaser 3124, and if you are looking for Samsung printers, then their cheap mono model is called ML-1640, we use one of these in our office as backup for our bigger Samsung Color Laser copier, and it's working just fine, I especially like that it starts printing almost instantly, not the long "warming up" waits some other printers give you.

It says you are located in Hua Hin, have you tried in BananaIT or invadeIT ?

Hi.

I have a Fuji-Xerox DocuPrint 203 A here at the office, price new (over a year ago) was 2,990 Baht. A replacement cartridge cost 1,600 Baht and it last virtually for ever, they can also be refilled for 600 Baht or you buy toner and refill them yourself, a bottle which is good for two refills cost 450 Baht. It also takes cartridges from some Brother printer, no idea what model but i currently have a Brother cartridge in it (got it back from refilling at Panthip and didn't notice it's a Brother until i refilled it myself).

Upon printing it takes some 5-6 seconds to warm up and then churns out one A4 page in about 3 seconds.

This particular one must have printed well over 10,000 pages by now, still on the first drum, still printing perfectly. Runs on Windows standard driver and also supported by Ubuntu Linux.

Best regards.....

Thanh

I'm quite happy with the HP Laserjet P1005, bought at Tesco for less then 3,000 baht. Cartridges are about the same, but haven't needed one yet, they last forever.

I've got the same, and am satisfied with it. I don't do much printing at all, but appreciate the laser quality for b&w documents over inkjet.

The HP LaserJet seems a little slow to warm up and get started, but once going, it's pretty smooth. If you don't do a lot of heavy duty printing, want something that gives decent quality at a low price, this could be the one.

I have a Samsung SCX-4200 ,one here in Oz and one at my gf's appartment in BKK. Both are good machines for printing,and scanning and have been reliable. The only thing i would have liked is an auto feed and auto duplex but that triples the initial purchase price.The toners are more expensive than the Brother toners (in Thailand anyway) but not enough difference not to consider them as a good buy.