Gay Korat

kamahele

I've been trying to find a gay or gay friendly bar in Korat since before we moved here last year with no luck yet. As fast as they open, they shut their doors before we have a chance to check it out. We're not looking for go go boys or a bath house, but a place to hang out, meet and chat with other guys, listen to music, play pool .... normal and boring stuff. If anyone out there knows of a such a place in Korat, we'd appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Kamahele

It is more than a year ago that I stayed in Korat for a couple of nights. I stayed at the V-One Hotel. It was very nicem but it also seemed to me that the entire male staff were gay. In the evening they had a woman playing acoustic guitar and singing in the lobby bar. The clientele (as well as the singer) all seemed to be gay. It was a very pleasant evening. I think they had a pool table as well. Also the lobby lounge was right next to the swimming pool if you are a swimmer.

as you describe it, chanes on its existence are opretty slim. However-there seems to be a gay disco -closed and reopened. details you can find on this blogspot: ricequeendiary.com= his friend leo hails from Khorat and they made a visit there which was covered in several reports. There also was a recent update opn the reopened disco. Thats all i know-maybe it may give you some idea.

It is more than a year ago that I stayed in Korat for a couple of nights. I stayed at the V-One Hotel. It was very nicem but it also seemed to me that the entire male staff were gay. In the evening they had a woman playing acoustic guitar and singing in the lobby bar. The clientele (as well as the singer) all seemed to be gay. It was a very pleasant evening. I think they had a pool table as well. Also the lobby lounge was right next to the swimming pool if you are a swimmer.

Thanks. I stayed at V-One a year ago but never hit the bar. We'll have to try it some night. And yes, all the boys seemed gay....

• 11 months later...

We're still looking. Actually a bar opened last year and typically closed in just a few weeks. Typical of Korat, a bar opened that was too big, with too many employees, not enough capital and the bar was trying to mimic big city bars with gogo boys and drag queens. If I had the money, I would open a small, gay pub which I think would work much better here in the country than a big Bangkok style bar. There seem to be plenty of gay people in Korat but we have no idea where they gather to socialize. Loads of lesbians who seem to live quite openly here in Korat unlike gay men.

Thanks. I stayed at V-One a year ago but never hit the bar. We'll have to try it some night. And yes, all the boys seemed gay....