Financial Advice Needed From Uk To Bkk

just need some good financial advice really before I put all my eggs in 1 basket and lose the lot

just suppose I am in the uk and have between £40,000 to £60,000 and I want to go and live in Thailand for a while

how can I get the money over to a Thai bank withought credit card firms an banks tracking me down

or taking money from me .or do I need to put the money into a offshore account and draw cash from a ATM in Thailand ? or maybe I can take the cash out from my bank in the uk and put into a new account in the UK

I don't no what happens or how thigs like this work etc so if any one can help I would be very grateful

cheers

just need some good financial advice really before I put all my eggs in 1 basket and lose the lot

just suppose I am in the uk and have between £40,000 to £60,000 and I want to go and live in Thailand for a while

how can I get the money over to a Thai bank withought credit card firms an banks tracking me down

or taking money from me  .or do I need to put the money into a offshore account and draw cash from a ATM in Thailand ? or maybe I can take the cash out from my bank in the uk and put into a new account in the UK 

I don't no what happens or how thigs like this work  etc  so  if any one can help I would be very grateful

cheers

buy a suitcase and handcuffs :o

If you already have the money in a bank account in the uk, why don't you just use that ATM card in Thailand and take money when you need it? Seems from your post that you want to mve the money without being tracked - thats difficult. Large amounts will attarct attention so if you do move the money, do it in smaller chunks.

Getting money into Thailand is not difficult, getting it out again is so be careful how much you bring in.

If you already have the money in a bank account in the uk, why don't you just use that ATM card in Thailand and take money when you need it? Seems from your post that you want to mve the money without being tracked - thats difficult. Large amounts will attarct attention so if you do move the money, do it in smaller chunks.

Getting money into Thailand is not difficult, getting it out again is so be careful how much you bring in.

so basically are you saying I should draw out £5 grand a week give it to a family member and

get them to transfer cash into my Thai account which iam yet to open ?

that way I wont get any interest though . and will my brother /sister be able two pay the money say from there hsbc account in to a Thai bank ?

also can uk banks see into thai accounts ? if they serch out my name

so basically are you saying I should draw out £5 grand a week give it to a family member and

get them to transfer cash into my Thai account which iam yet to open ?

that way I wont get any interest though . and will my brother /sister be able two pay the money say from there hsbc account in to a Thai bank ?

also can uk banks see into thai accounts ? if they serch out my name

It's not trivial, but evantually your money can be tracked in many ways. The question is how important it is to the bank or to law enforcment bodies to track it down. What is it? Do you expect to go bankrupt? don't want to pay future debts? what?

It's not trivial, but evantually your money can be tracked in many ways. The question is how important it is to the bank or to law enforcment bodies to track it down. What is it? Do you expect to go bankrupt? don't want to pay future debts? what?

the long and short of it is

iam selling my apartment and don't want my girlfriend getting some of the profits

which will be about 35 grand . then you have a couple of smallish bank loans which I wont be able to pay back as I will be in Thailand an not working . then you have about 5 credit cards which I will max out an get cash from if I no iam going to los .if you ad it all up its probably about 55 grand

so most of the money is legitimate but its the cash from the cards and the small loans and the sale of my car I will want to hide

......or you could pay off all your debts and come to Thailand when you can afford it - and with a clean conscience...... :o

and live of fresh air and shirt buttons

yeah I will have a wicked time ! . maybe if I was 60 yeah but

i am young dum an full of cum

I need cash and I need to live in LOS now not in 25 years time

Sounds like you are just the sort of tourist that Toxin is after - maybe you should consider investing some of your hard earned cash in the Elite card... :o

i get the idea fellas you only want people 50/60 years plus in los because us youngsters make you look bad

who cares where the money comes from .if its being spent on Thai business an making life better for Thai people that's got to be a good thing

if all the dodgy money and dodgy people were taken from Thailand the place would be half empty with

most business closeing down

• 2 weeks later...

there has been a discussion on this previously.

they can and probably will catch you debt collecting agencies are very very good these days.

i am only 31 and have recently sold up in the uk but i have paid all my debts and starting afresh in thailand. it aint worth getting caught several years down the line and being totally screwed.

pay your debts and then work for a living over here LEGALLY!!

the way i look at it if you have a good business brain and are not afraid of work i would rather work over here than back in the shitty uk.

be sensible you will be looking over your shoulder for the next 6 years waiting for a letter through your door.

It's the request for good financial advice - then the "run up some bank loans and cash advances on credit cards" before skipping the country.

Good Financial advice is to NOT run up bank loans and credit cards, but to pay off the debts before you come here. (If only because, by the sound of things, you don't have a degree, which means getting a work permit here could be a bit of a problem for you - and Thailand is cheap, but not cheap enough that £60K will last the rest of your life.).

i.e. Without the ability to work here, you'll end up either returning to the UK at some point, or trying to go to some other country to work (like Oz), and running into problems because of possible CCJs against you in the UK. Also, there's always the possibility that they do catch up with you at some point - and then what do you do?

Here' the good financial advice:

Personally, the best way to access money in the UK from Thailand is to open a Nationwide Flexaccount with associated investment account for a relatively high rate of interest. I say the Nationwide because they don't charge a fee (or an FX rate spread - unlike virtually all other banks) on cash withdrawals when abroad. In fact, since Visa charges them 1% on FX when you take out money outside Europe, they are, in fact, subsidising the FX rate that you're getting. (i.e. It's a better rate than taking cash, it's even a better rate than Swift or telegraphic transfers).

If you've paid off your credit cards, you can always take them with you as an emergency fund. (i.e. DON'T use them until it comes time that you've run out of money, and you need to buy a ticket back to the UK).

Personally, if, I assume, the £35K profit on the flat is supposed to be £17½K each between you and your girlfriend on a flat you bought jointly, I hope she gets the lawyer to split the money when it's transferred on the completion date.

You sound like the sort of person that gives the UK a bad name. (or like the sort of person that is found having committed suicide when their money runs out in a Pattaya hotel room).

Edited by bkk_mike

Have thought about this option myself a little too , but I do not think its a good plan . Go to Thailand as clean as possible , do it clean man , dont burn your bridges , you will have to return , even if just to get a visa every 12 months , and I dont know what might be waiting for you at the airport even . I would rather go to Thailand with less and try to find a job , investment etc cleanly than have the worry of that on my head . But as always , it is up to the individual . I just think banks can always track down transfers , etc these days , so sooner or later you are back where you started , and worse . Besides it would become very boring in Thailand with nothing to do I think . Same as anywhere ... Choices ..... :o

Sounds like you are just the sort of tourist that Toxin is after - maybe you should consider investing some of your hard earned cash in the Elite card... :o

i get the idea fellas you only want people 50/60 years plus in los because us youngsters make you look bad

who cares where the money comes from .if its being spent on Thai business an making life better for Thai people that's got to be a good thing

if all the dodgy money and dodgy people were taken from Thailand the place would be half empty with

most business closeing down

16 or 60 - age doesn't come into it. You're basically asking for help to a] rip off your girlfriend - which kind of smells and b] work a scam on your credit cards etc - and that comes a tad close to conspiracy to defraud. Bye. :D

It may seem like a good idea in the short term, but as somebody has already pointed out you will have to return to the UK at some point. Then there will be CCJs against you which will prevent you getting any credit in the future. You would also be guilty of 'obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception' by taking out loans/credit cards with no intention of paying them back. So you could also go to prison. Finally if the house is in joint names and you sell it and keep the profit (I dont see how you can sell the house if it is in joint names without her knowing about it) without splitting it then you would be guilty of theft.

All in all it is definitely not worth it.

OK firstly my flat is mine I bought it on my own

and I will be giving my sons Mum the money from the sale of my

car and some extra which is over 5 grand

then she's as my parents 2 bed flat all paid for .as they will be living overseas

not such a bad deal to me !

if I decide to do as I said before . I wont be asking for anyone's help

and face what happens on my own so don't worry I have had bigger problems

than not being able to get store cards and car finance

its not a prison offence if I make a few payments they default

why would it stop me returning to the uk they don't have dca at Manchester airport

checking passports

Your plan is half-baked.

Your analyses of the legality and consequences are mistaken.

Your morals are questionable.

And if you're not asking for anyone's help, why post?

I haven't received any help so I was a waste of time I agree

I was meaning when it goes tits up or pear shaped I wont be moaning or asking

anyone on this forum for help in the future .so don't panic

you don't no me so don't judge me

if iam mistaken and you are an expert tell me now what will happen and I will get back to you in a few years and

let you no you what happens if i get away with it or not

We all get sick of hearing it don't we.

"Scum washed up in Thailand".

Well its guys like this OP that get the rest of us a bad reputation.

But take solace in the knowledge that scum from back home attracts scum in Thailand. Sit back boys and girls and watch this guy <deleted> up in Thailand and have nowhere to run.

The suspense would kill me. You have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a d@mn.

I don't mistake anything

and I will think of you why iam having a great time

in LOS

good luck dude

(Aaarrgghhh...... bloody original quotes above)

Try Iraq.

No one would bother you there and you'd be rich :o

Edited by udon

• 4 months later...

I am planning to move out there next year with the wife.

I already have a house(paid for).

I am concerned that £100,000 will be enough for the sale of the house in uk etc.

i don`t think your money would last you very long in Thailand,especially if you spending regularly on .....women!!!!!

But I wish you well......

ps if your ex tries to track you down,she will have no proplem as you will need to keep renewing your visas regularly and when does your passport run out????

But enjoy it whileyou can,if it`s gone she can`t get it.

Why not put it into travellers checks(remembering to keep the number safe).....

Good luck......