Why Do Aussies Live In Thailand?

Sorry, I'm just a Brit who happened across this topic. We Brits only find anything by accident or when we're lost.

Seems to me that the Aussies live in LOS for the same reasons as anyone else - fabulous people, sensible taxes, cheap living and minimal governmental interference in everyday life (compared with the UK, anyway). I've been around the world a fair bit, but have never felt about anywhere the way I feel about LOS.

Anyway, Brits have two other particular reasons: the weather and Tony Blair.

By the way gburns, sorry to defend the Yanks but the World Series was a tournament originally sponsored by The World newspaper (long since defunct), and not a reference to the global nature of the sport.

Anyway, the only sport worth discussing is rugby - about the only thing I miss about the UK. (God is a loose-head prop).

Sorry to correct you,but God is a tight head prop. :o:D

Well I'm going to have to disappoint you both. God is a Welsh three quarter, soon to be demonstrated on the playing fields of NZ.

Backs don't count.They are there to make up the numbers and I don't care what country we are talking about.They should be all wearing skirts IMO.

I take it you are talking about a Mr Jones?Not as good as G Davies was... :D

...or especially a Barry John.

I was in Cardiff once for a match and we saw Barry John on the other side of the road. All the women on our side of the road actually curtsied.

This was no light hearted joking about what position God plays at, but genuine admiration for someone they respected more than God.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could also add G Edwards,but they played in the backline and they don't count :o

The scorer of the greatest try ever.

I had the honour of being there in 1973, when the Barbarians took your lads apart.

Great days.

But maybe, after 30 years in the wilderness, our time has come again. I’ve got a cutting from the Daily Telegraph from the day after we won the Grand Slam this year, stuck to my wall above the computer:

“Now, J P R, J J, Phil Bennett and Gareth Edwards are no longer the Mount Rushmore that gazes down on all that Welsh rugby tries to do. They are no longer the sole reference point, the great legacy that has to be lived up to. These fine men can cease being ghosts from a vanished past and start to be mortals again. At the final whistle, Barry John shook his fists in triumph. For the first time in decades he cast no shadow on the pitch.”

You could also add G Edwards,but they played in the backline and they don't count

The scorer of the greatest try ever.

I had the honour of being there in 1973, when the Barbarians took your lads apart.

Great days.

But maybe, after 30 years in the wilderness, our time has come again. I’ve got a cutting from the Daily Telegraph from the day after we won the Grand Slam this year, stuck to my wall above the computer:

“Now, J P R, J J, Phil Bennett and Gareth Edwards are no longer the Mount Rushmore that gazes down on all that Welsh rugby tries to do. They are no longer the sole reference point, the great legacy that has to be lived up to. These fine men can cease being ghosts from a vanished past and start to be mortals again. At the final whistle, Barry John shook his fists in triumph. For the first time in decades he cast no shadow on the pitch.”

It was a great try,but I wouldn't say that we were taken apart either.Not a test so it doesn't count. :D

The Lions will have the best chance ever this year.They have only picked about 45-47 players and about 15 support staff,so I hope they can cover their injuries.I wonder if anybody told Sir Clive that there is only 15 men on a field :o He has picked bugger all Taffs, considering they won the six nations too.

Edited by chuchok

It was a great try,but I wouldn't say that we were taken apart either.Not a test so it doesn't count. :D

As my old teacher used to say, there are many differant ways to describe reality :D

The Lions will have the best chance ever this year.
This is not like a New Zealander :D What's the problem? I thought you had a factory, cloning All Blacks by the dozen.
They have only picked about 45-47 players and about 15 support staff,so I hope they can cover their injuries.I wonder if anybody told Sir Clive that there is only 15 men on a field :o He has picked bugger all Taffs, considering they won the six nations too.

On current form he'll be picking them all to play, anyway. We were a little surprised as well. Still, it's just a further stimulus to next year’s championship.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz :o

Sorry.

IMHO it appears (as demonstrated in this thread and elsewhere) Australians like Thailand because their sense of humour and self irony, can function uninhibited in LOS.

Although I’d be hard put to find anything that could inhibit this – except lack of beer.

Yanks (if I can refer to the other thread) on the other hand, appear to stay in Thailand despite having little humour and no self irony – whatever beer they drink.

I wonder if anybody told Sir Clive that there is only 15 men on a field :D He has picked bugger all Taffs, considering they won the six nations too.

Quirk of nature the ol' sheep shaggers winning I spose. Right place, right time and a lot to do with someone else losing, very possibly :o

• 2 months later...

Came in a it late on this thread. Cheap beer is a big bonus , but I think it is the women. Compared to shazza, the wholesome aussie chick who can drink a carton of VB and strip a holden 253 engine, Bee, Lek...ect wins hands down . Just my opinion

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz :o

Sorry.

IMHO it appears (as demonstrated in this thread and elsewhere) Australians like Thailand because their sense of humour and self irony, can function uninhibited in LOS.

Although I’d be hard put to find anything that could inhibit this – except lack of beer.

Yanks (if I can refer to the other thread) on the other hand, appear to stay in Thailand despite having little humour and no self irony – whatever beer they drink.

thats pretty close to the mark, Tom

Better question is "Why do Aussies live in Australia?"....what a pit!!!

Now that's a troll post if ever I've seen one... always up for an argument eh chownah... :D

totster :o

Just joking....why so sensitive....what's your pulse rate?....isn't this entire thread a troll post and looking for an argument? "Why do Aussies Live in Thailand?" Now that's a troll post if ever I've seen one...always up for an argument eh Totster...hahhahahahahhahaa Just joking....are you?

Now that's a troll post if ever I've seen one... always up for an argument eh chownah... :D

Just joking....why so sensitive....what's your pulse rate?....isn't this entire thread a troll post and looking for an argument? "Why do Aussies Live in Thailand?" Now that's a troll post if ever I've seen one...always up for an argument eh Totster...hahhahahahahhahaa Just joking....are you?

At least the others are a bit more subtle... :D yours is just blatant..!

totster :D

At least the others are a bit more subtle... :D yours is just blatant..!

totster :D

I'd try being more subltle but I do blatant so well...don't you think?..and all you other guys are soooooo good at being subtle...like your response to me.....the essence of stubtlty itself!!!!

I notice in your profile you don't reveal your origins Chow. A good way to hide if your style is to make comments like this and duck back behind your rock. I'm thinking you may come from the same place as that other master of ironic humour (and all things rugby) Dogchuk. An example of his humour is to state that "all Australians have small weiners nah, nah"

Nothing wrong with a bit of humourous banter. Come out and play properly.

I notice in your profile you don't reveal your origins Chow. A good way to hide if your style is to make comments like this and duck back behind your rock. I'm thinking you may come from the same place as that other master of ironic humour (and all things rugby) Dogchuk. An example of his humour is to state that "all Australians have small weiners nah, nah"

You think I'm hiding!!!! hahahhaha If you've read any of my posts you'd know how wrong you are!!!! If you want answers to your questions just hang around for awhile and everything will become clear. Do old crocodiles have big weiners?

You think I'm hiding!!!! hahahhaha If you've read any of my posts you'd know how wrong you are!!!! If you want answers to your questions just hang around for awhile and everything will become clear. Do old crocodiles have big weiners?

I've read all your topics Chow and am aware you have interests in new tractors, the length of footpaths and eating stillborn animals and flying insects. Without risking total brain fade by wading through all 800 odd of your posts, I still have no firm clues as to your origins. Although I could make some educated guesses.

Your inordinate interest in the size of my genitals is of some concern.

I've read all your topics Chow and am aware you have interests in new tractors, the length of footpaths and eating stillborn animals and flying insects. Without risking total brain fade by wading through all 800 odd of your posts, I still have no firm clues as to your origins. Although I could make some educated guesses.

Your inordinate interest in the size of my genitals is of some concern.

Don't be concerned, a wise old croc once wrote, "Nothing wrong with a bit of humourous banter." I was not aware that I was interested in the length of footpaths...what's that all about? I'm asking this because it seems that you would rather focus this thread on me than on the OP's topic which is "Why do Aussies Live in Thailand?"

Do old crocodiles have big weiners?

You missed the clue Old Croc......who else calls it a weiner except for Yanks and Poofs...... :o

This post does not mean to infer that Yanks are Poofs.....just that their share a common slang term.

Do old crocodiles have big weiners?

You missed the clue Old Croc......who else calls it a weiner except for Yanks and Poofs...... :o

This post does not mean to infer that Yanks are Poofs.....just that their share a common slang term.

:D:D

The only way to find out the size of a crocs "weiner" (or if it even has one) is to stick your hand up its bum and feel around. (The hard part is getting it to sit still for the procedure.) I guess that fits in with your theory Burnsy

>>>on the other hand why do so many Yanks go to live in Thailand

The girls...

The beers...

The girls....

Oh, you are such a bad person!!! Why do you say such nasty and evil things about Yanks? (He says in a whiney voice, lower lip twitching, a single tear running down one cheek.) "Go away, go away, I DON'T LIKE YOU!!"

>>>on the other hand why do so many Yanks go to live in Thailand

The girls...

The beers...

The girls....

Oh, you are such a bad person!!! Why do you say such nasty and evil things about Yanks? (He says in a whiney voice, lower lip twitching, a single tear running down one cheek.) "Go away, go away, I DON'T LIKE YOU!!"

OK boys! I live here cos there are poofs , and tax breaks, and all sorts of other "interesting" lures for refugees avoiding the average existence of western society (whether it be Oz, UK, USA or whatever)

:D:D

We are here because we dare to be different :o Love u all!!!!!