Need More Information About Renting/buying

Hi All,

I've been in bangkok for 2 months, and now im back in Amsterdam. I had such a great time.

Anyway, im a webdesigner, and i want to start an website where people can find shortstay-apartments. So im looking for company's who have shortstay apartments available, and want to put it on my site. I am looking for hot & exclusive apartments, others are welcome too. I want to put my own price on the apartments, and if a client contacts me, i will answer the emails and let the client get in contact with the company who rents out the apartment. Is there a company who works like this?

And my friends and i, are considering buying an apartment in bangkok, how does this work? I would really love some more information.

Thanks!

So why don't you do a web search for Apartments, ,condos, rentals in Bangkok and then call or email the number of the person advertising the places for rent to see if they will advertise with you...Are you trying to make this complicated.

Am I missing something here?

as a holiday houses owner in bangkok I would rather deal directly with the guest, rather than through an agency.

the market is tough, so increasing rent by another 20-30% for the agency, wouldn't bring many enquiries anyway.

for me it's more important to concentrate on being at the top of google than advertising on any renting website - there are thousands of them, some free, most of them payed.

but if you are thinking about buying and renting you own houses/appartments it doesn't make sense to advertise the competition - unless you are really overstretched.

start off small scale, with you own appartments, and if the business grows you can expand.

also consider that for the business to run smothly you would need somebody in bangkok to take care of all the operations (checking in and out, cleaning, checking for demage, checking an electricity meter and charging the guest, paying bills, maintanance, watching the property when it's not occupied or even picking up from the airport - I have lost many guests who instead to being driven to my house were taken by the taxi driver somewhere else, some hotel or guesthouse). So one of your friends should be in bangkok, even on a rota basis (for example one month each).

Edited by londonthai

Like Londonthai said

There are already 1000 websites doing this

Prices cannot sustain a markup

Your only hope is do something in your own language and market it directly in your own country

Edited by Nio

Hi,

There are already at least 7 major websites in Bangkok offering this kind of service and yes, 1000 smaller ones - and they all have Thai speaking staff, since 100% of clients for average price apartments are Thai. For luxury apartments, 80 - 90% of prospective clients are Thai. Do you speak Thai ? I think your dream of starting a service like this is not realistic at all. Few of the other websites offering this service make much money from it and most of them need to have other revenue streams to survive.

If you want to find more information on buying condos or apartments in Bangkok, please do a search of this forum and you will find hundreds of posts with all the information. Don't be lazy, if you want the information, do your own research.